RIP Hedonites of Slaanesh Battletome (2021)

1 hour ago, RuneBrush said:

The Space Marine release schedule was messed up due to the pandemic.  Under normal circumstances the Codex & new models would have come out over a couple of weeks.

Nah, this was in the last 8th Edition SM codex. There were a handful of models in the codex (the small hover transport, the incursors maybe, the warsuit thing, I can’t remember specifically) that were spread out over a few months with the different Chapter supplements. This was pre Covid. 

More is more, I say. Under normal circumstances the battletome would probably have been out for awhile now... And, well, two amazing models in a kit which will give you a lot of extra bits to kitbash and use for your sculpts. 

As far as I'm concerned BR have given armies useful updates and boosts while pushing the narrative forwards interesting ways. As a hobbyist I love that we're not stuck in a static world that never changes. Narrative battles becomes so much more than rehashing the same old story over and over again (if that's your jam you can just go back in time and say your army is from X time period).

All I know is I'm a happy hedonite.

• Like 1

Gotta agree with both sides here (just to be a pain). It's messy but glad releases are not tied up to battletomes.

Still, it smacks of chaos (literally) in the planning.

And pretty much shoots down the point of the warscrolls packs. £9 for warscrolls that are incomplete or FAQ'd within a couple of months is like setting fire to money. Who on earth would buy separate warscroll cards now?

Fail.

• Like 1