Broken Realms Gordrakk (?)

Keilerei

With Broken Realms GW introduces a new narrative und rules for our beloved wardollies. And there might be something around the corner for destruction at some point, heavily speculating, that it might feature Gordrakk and the forces of destruction in their path of, well, destruction I guesss.

What are your hopes narratively and rules wise?

Is Big G going to use bis Godbeast battering ram to tear down the city of Excelsior, does Skragrott got something sneaky up bis sleave?

I personally wish, beside some warscroll changes and maybe a new wave of Orruk models in general, for a Big Waaagh battalion, something to make ist worth  to bring a united and mixed force of Greenskinz might be cool.

What are your thoughts?

14 minutes ago, Keilerei said:

I personally wish, beside some warscroll changes and maybe a new wave of Orruk models in general, for a Big Waaagh battalion, something to make ist worth  to bring a united and mixed force of Greenskinz might be cool.

I would love a more viable way to bring GA Destruction to the table. Half my armies are destruction, and I feel out of all of the grand alliances, Destruction is the one most at home in a messy soup of different races/factions.

• Like 1

Honestly what I’d want is for the Warclans to get a full wave 2 - maybe add in a third faction that is either completely different to or bridges the gap between the Bonsplitterz and Ironjawz. And in terms of fluff, I want them to actually make Gordrakk menacing. And I’m not talking entry-level Warhammer menacing, I’m talking Grimgor Ironhide levels of menacing. Overall, just give the Orruks some shiny new models and make Gordrakk beat up some named characters and I’ll be good.

• Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 1

i mean it depends on how many BR books are left after Kragnos, i have a feeling the Seige of Excelsis is the big AoS 3.0 event with Ironjawz vs SCE as the starter set. 

I personally just want more Ironjawz units like new Ardboyz and Megaboss on Goregruntas, started AoS 1.0 with them and they haven't gotten anything in 5 years  with them outside of Underworld warbands . I  really don't care much about the greater Orruk warclan book until GW actually bother to replace the Bonesplitterz resin heroes.

7 hours ago, Mutton said:

I would love a more viable way to bring GA Destruction to the table. Half my armies are destruction, and I feel out of all of the grand alliances, Destruction is the one most at home in a messy soup of different races/factions.

And I think we should be able to run said soup! I mean Gordrakk has been sold, as the one, who get‘s mad respect by anyone inside his faction.

So give us a viable „Grand Alliance Destruction“ this could also be their u.s.p. mix it all up. Veterans of the old Orks & Goblins era will be pleased and new players might branch out, after adding a few models to their army, they might ne interested to start a new force.

Big G should also not be omega level strong, I would hope he might work like a Katakros or Glutos buff piece for the soup.

But yeah, new models are always fine! But do not get rid of Bonesplitterz, I just made several drunk „I am finally doing it“ purchases of BS and my wallet would be super sad...

While running Destruction Soup does make thematic sense, the Broken Realms so far have been mainly about the Grand Alliances breaking apart. Morathi drove a wedge through Order, and Teclis shattered the unity of Death under Nagash.

The general trend seems to be that GW wants to move away from Grand Alliances entirely. I suspect that we'll see Destruction go the same way.

Wild speculation time!!

Gordrakks forces will indeed siege Azyr.

In doing so the Stormcast Eternals will be severely crippled leading the way for reggy humans to take a more prominent role in the setting. 

Gordrakk will get his fight with Sigmar. It will be epic but in the end big G will fall but not without wounding Sigmar in some way. 

It will be a glorious and fitting end for such a beast. 

This will open the door for new champions of Gorkamorka to rise. 

Again, wild speculation. 

Well, this is a speculation thread. And whatever those rumours say - how solid is the source anyway? - some of the events could still play out similar to what has been proposed here.

I have no clue where the BR story will end up, but from little I have read, to me it seems clear that:

1. Gordrakk will play some part in it, and be the driving force for some substantial change.
  2. We might see some form of "Everchosen of Destruction" thing led by Gordrakk, bringing all current Destruction armies into one list.

Good times to be a Greenskin or Ogre!

My first real list was Braggoth’s Beasthammer which combined BCR w/Gore Gruntas.  It was an absolute blast with nice synergy between the units.  Was disappointed to lose that battalion when the new Mawtribes tome came out.  

There has been a lot of conflicting trends though lately as far as allegiances go.  Tomes like Mawtribes, Warclans and even Cities have brought previously separate factions together.  Morathi certainly broke the fragile DoK/SCE alliance.  Gitz has had more post-Tome releases than anything except maybe SCE but largely they keep the segregation of factions with no obvious Big Waaagh equivalent.

Thematically I think Destruction the easiest alliance to make work together.  Simple things like counts as for Sons and Mawtribes carrying over into a Biggest Waaagh option would allow for a lot of flavor without per se pushing OP limits (e,g. by giving Sons or Frostlord Mighty Destroyers or escalating buffs...).

• Thanks 1