Healp Make 1K lists for newbies

Hi guys i hope i could get a bit of healp

Me and my friends ben playing Warhammer 40k And Mordheim for a time

and we want to get in to Age os Sigmar.

But dont realy know how to do it. We want to make 4. 1k list to play but love to get

healps , tips how to do it. We know what faction we would love to start but we are clueless

at how to make a list.

List 1 : Cities Of Sigmar . I relly would love a great focus on Pistoliers but Find them hard to put in a 1k        List

List 2:  Death : My friend loves Skeletons and vampires , maybe its the easiest list to put togheter

List 3 : Skaven : My friends Love Skaventide and Enshin Armys and we have a romantic Love on jezzails but have no cluee how that comes togheter or it can come thogeter.

List 4 : Beastman Brayheard : One of may friend only play Beastman in mordhem and we have quite a few Gors Ungors And bestigors Centigors unbuilt in boxes and i relly want to use emup.

For now we dont relly have a cost limit but we also have no clue how to make AoS army lists .

We would  appreciate any healp we could get .

And Sorry for the strange request

Well for skaven I’ve got to list, although please keep in mind that both of them aren’t meant for only winning games or better said to dominate the meta in any way, they

are more meant for a bit of a fun time.

the first list:

Allegiance: Skaventide

Leaders
Deathmaster (100)
- General
- Command Trait: Unrivalled Killer 
Deathmaster (100)
- Artefact: The Three Fangs  

Battleline
10 x Stormvermin (100)
- Halberd & Shield
10 x Stormvermin (100)
- Halberd & Shield

Units
20 x Gutter Runners (200)
5 x Gutter Runners (60)
5 x Gutter Runners (60)

Artillery
Warplock Jezzails (280)

Total: 1000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 72

the clans eshin only list:

Allegiance: Skaventide

Leaders
Deathmaster (100)
- Artefact: The Three Fangs  
Deathmaster (100)
- General
- Command Trait: Unrivalled Killer  
Deathmaster (100)

Battleline
10 x Night Runners (80)
10 x Night Runners (80)
10 x Night Runners (80)

Endless Spells / Terrain / CPs
Extra Command Point (50)

Total: 990 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Wounds: 85

and this could be something for beastmen, although please keep in mind that all of the list that I’m currently building is just something I’m trying to give to you guys as an idea, so please don’t try and make of it the only true list or so:

Allegiance: Beasts of Chaos
- Greatfray: Gavespawn

Leaders
Beastlord (90)
- General
- Command Trait: Unravelling Aura  
- Artefact: Mutating Gnarlblade  
Great-Bray Shaman (100)
- Lore of the Twisted Wilds: Tendrils of Atrophy

Battleline
10 x Bestigors (120)
10 x Bestigors (120)
30 x Gors (200)
- Gor-Blades & Beastshields

Units
10 x Centigors (160)
20 x Ungor Raiders (160)

Endless Spells / Terrain / CPs
Doomblast Dirgehorn (50)

Total: 1000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 0
Wounds: 100

I hope you guys like what you see.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

Well for skaven I’ve got to list, although please keep in mind that both of them aren’t meant for only winning games or better said to dominate the meta in any way, they

are more meant for a bit of a fun time.

Well as i said these list we want to build is for us friends to start whit AoS some way so most of it will be funn friendly games. so we wont realy want them for tournaments :P . So a bit of wonky lists have no problem for us . maybe if we realy love it we start to take it seriously but for now we only want to start it up.

Also i Love the way that beastman list looks its really feels like what we wanting in our lists

• Like 1

4 hours ago, zilberfrid said:

For Cities, Tempest's Eye isn't bad for Pistoleers, they can be battleline there.

I was looking at Tempest to but my main problem s that the pistoliers dont feel like a great battleline unit. 

They should be great for assisting other units or cleaning up fights but not really the main strenght of your army. 

And thats my problem. I dont know what to take whit them that makes use of their  strenght

They are not a classic battleline, but they can get to objectives quickly and their charge can be devestating if done right.

You could run 2*5 Outriders, 6 Endrinriggers, 2*5 Pistoleers, Knight Azyros (adjudant) and Battlemage on Hurricanum (general). General has Hawk-eyed, spell... All are about equal here.

This would make you really fast and damaging if needed. Endrinriggers are there to provide rend, could be replaced by Gyrocopter (even bomber) and Gunhauler if you like boats better, or Dark Riders if you just like the image of lots of horses coming over the hill (they are also relatively tanky).

The buffs to to hit and wound particularely help your Outriders, but are good for everyone.

I think you could fit the battalion in 1000 points as well, but you'd miss your caster.

• Like 1

A couple of tips I learned form playing 1k games when I first started.

-Avoid battalions, unless they are exceptionally good they are just not worth their points.

-Avoid investing too many points into a single model/unit. Some of the bigger models and tougher units are nearly impossible to deal with when at lower point values and they can feel pretty horrible to play against.

15 hours ago, mojojojo101 said:

-Avoid investing too many points into a single model/unit. Some of the bigger models and tougher units are nearly impossible to deal with when at lower point values and they can feel pretty horrible to play against.

I second this statement. Well said!

the skeletons/vampires death army due to get a major overhaul later this year, transitioning from the current "Legions of Nagash" battletome to the new "Soulblight Gravelords" battletome, which will include a lot of the same units, but will likely significantly change how many of them work.  So you might want to hold off on them for a time.  That said, based on the current rules and following the general principles agreed in the thread, you might try something like this:

Allegiance: Legion of Sacrament
Mortal Realm: Shyish
Vampire Lord (140)
- Mount: Flying Horror
- Artefact: Azyrbane Standard
- Lore of the Vampires: Amaranthine Orb
Necromancer (130)
- General
- Command Trait: Mastery of Death
- Lore of the Deathmages: Overwhelming Dread
Necromancer (130)
- Lore of the Deathmages: Fading Vigour
5 x Dire Wolves (70)
40 x Skeleton Warriors (280)
- Ancient Spears
1 x Corpse Cart (80)
- Unholy Lodestone
5 x Black Knights (120)
Extra Command Point (50)

Total: 1000 / 1000
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 0 / 200
Wounds: 81

The choice of Legion of Sacrament will give your wizards +1 to cast, and the Lodestone Corpse Cart will give nearby wizards (the necromancers, as the vampire lord will likely be out of range) an additional +1, which should help them successfully cast some spells even with the general increase in high powered magic armies since this battletome's release way back in 1st edition.  And you've got some good spells to push through - the vampire's amaranthine orb is more threat than reality, but it is quite a threat.  The real work will be done by your Necromancers, though, with their powerful signature spell and two strong debuffs from the lore.

One of the necromancers is the general, since they'll stick near the skeletons, with the mastery of death command trait to make the big skittle block a lot faster than it would otherwise be.  The vampire is free to roam with the dogs and cavalry, or stay near the skeletons, with the 'flying horror' upgrade giving him the speed and maneuverability to put the azyrbane standard where you need it or position for a deadly Amaranthine Orb.  The vampire also brings it's powerful command ability, and the army makes sure to buy an extra command point to empower it and also to pay for inspiring leader if need be to keep the skittles up.

Between gravesites and three heroes, you should be able to keep your big skeleton block at fighting strength.

The one thing the list doesn't make much use of is the 'endless legions' command trait to bring back entire summonable units.  If you manage to bring back the skittles that's great, but if you lose them entirely you'll probably also lose the general that enables the command trait anyway.  You could potentially bring back the largely sacrificial black knights and dire wolves - units mostly there to grab unattended objectives or temporarily block scary enemy units from charging your skeletons, but those command points might be better resserved for buffing the skeletons and protecting them from battleshock.

All in all, though, the list imo gives a good taste of the faction's core identity - a hoard of weak undead sustained and enhanced by the necromantic power of your heroes.  And while the rules for the army are set to change soon, that core identity will probably stay intact.