Silent People Speculation

Grim Beasties

35 minutes ago, Erdemo86 said:

What are silent people? The pic looks elvish to me? Are silent people some kind of elves? For me it looks 100% like a sylvaneth Model. Elven ears, and the upper thing looks like a tree

The Silent People are an Insectoid species that live inside the living mountains of Ghur in a symbiotic relationship. They are tied to the cycle of Ghur and will enter a larval stage to pupate inside amber, depending on the cycle. They also build/collect artifacts and armour to modify their abilities.

I personally agree that this latest rumor is Sylvaneth, and likely has nothing to do with The Silent People.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/05/07/keep-it-quiet-but-heres-a-look-at-the-silent-menace-deck-for-warhammer-underworlds/

Just finished looking through the article and it looks like there's a lot of interesting things in this card pack. The article is a good summary of some of the Silent People info so far but nothing new, but the cards they have shown are full of interesting little details. I will definitely be going over the cards individually once they are out.

I would also like to thank many of you for sharing enthusiasm for the Silent People and for validating my love of Arthropods.

I'm going to add to this, if it please you all.

The totem on Kragnos' base is called out in the Warhammer Community article, and while there is no specific mention of the Silent People there is an implication.

We have a number of insectoid Rumour Engine images and while the Sylvaneth Hatbug is off the table there are still a number of suspicious ones remaining.

And then there's the new army trailer. Skaven and Beasts players have been pretty vocal about wishing for updates, and many people have been clamoring for fimir, but I think there's a case to be made for a Silent People reveal some time in the future.

Gosh, I hope so. I'd be all over that.

7 hours ago, Thalassic Monstrosity said:

I'm going to add to this, if it please you all.

The totem on Kragnos' base is called out in the Warhammer Community article, and while there is no specific mention of the Silent People there is an implication.

We have a number of insectoid Rumour Engine images and while the Sylvaneth Hatbug is off the table there are still a number of suspicious ones remaining.

And then there's the new army trailer. Skaven and Beasts players have been pretty vocal about wishing for updates, and many people have been clamoring for fimir, but I think there's a case to be made for a Silent People reveal some time in the future.

Gosh, I hope so. I'd be all over that.

Personally, I am about 80% confident that the new faction is some kind of Greenskin army, between the rumours and that teaser banner. But it has been established in Underworlds that the Silent People (or at least their artefacts) can have a symbiotic relationship with other creatures. Could that be where we are headed? I'd find that interesting. It does not match up with the mongolian goblin wolf rider rumours, but kinda matches that teaser banner with the masks.

On 5/10/2021 at 9:02 PM, Grim Beasties said:

Personally I don't think so, the information we have on the Silent People indicates they live in the predatory mountains in Ghur. My guess is Boglins and Fimir

I am still hoping that this is a 'Wildfolk of Ghur' themed army that features a variety of disparate groups organized around the ethos of Destruction. I want horde infantry of insectoid Silent People, heavy hitting Firmir and semi elite shamanistic shape changing humans... maybe add some witchy swamp hags to round out the heroes. 

• Like 2