New akelian leviadon is overpowered

Doko

I'll agree the turtle has become on chunky boi that actually has synergy and worth being on the table instead of more eels.  But IDK has the same problems as before that im usually surprised no one abuses.  Low bravery and lack of MW resistance.

I'd rather swallow the turtle being where it is instead of putting me back into a mindset of "why am I taking this over eels?"

I mean I finally see a light for a casual list using reavers now, why push IDK players back to the sweet crack that is eel spam?

Edited by Molkaice

Pff... just remove every unit in game and give this game the Warhammer fantasy treatment, no game and no overpowered units, we can all be happy.

On serious note aos is far more balanced than its predecessor ever was. Comparing new units made for age of sigmar to old models that are likely to be axed in the future is pointless I think there is reason why aos models get better rules than the old fantasy models like black dragons and other old monster kits.

All we can do is hope that those models get good waracrolls instead the same treatment many fantasy kits so far have gotten.

Edited by Nordrim
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

38 minutes ago, Kasper said:

Think its great that IDK got some love, but the issue is that the eel spam (which was already incredible good and super annoying to play against) is now just eel spam + 1/2 leviadons.

This. Super excited to see some of the coolest models in use, but they didn't fix eel spam, which was already strong. They just gave it additional tools that make eels even stronger. 

Also, all of you with your comparisons are totally missing the speed and fly. Yes it does less damage than hard hitting infantry, but it also moves twice as fast and flies. Thats huge. The reason eels are so good is heavily because of their awesome mobility. Comparing a unit of 4 inch moving hammerers to a 10 inch move flier on a more mobile base (1 base vs 20) is not correct. 

I think the turtle could use +20 points. And a warscroll rewrite on the eels to make them not benefit from the + to save just like ethereal units.

• Thanks 1