Sylvaneth Revevant themed army

Corai

On 8/28/2016 at 0:31 AM, Corai said:

The army is based on the floating isle of Talbion and will use the Gnarlroot rules to include a truth sayer (beasts wizard) and a unit of fenbeasts (tree kin) eventually!

Fantastic models! I'm looking at painting a winter Sylvaneth army and wondering what paints you used to get that arctic look on the models? I hand brush so if you could recommend CITADEL paints that would be appreciated. Thanks.

Fantastic models! I'm looking at painting a winter Sylvaneth army and wondering what paints you used to get that arctic look on the models? I hand brush so if you could recommend CITADEL paints that would be appreciated. Thanks.

Thanks, sorry for the late reply, but my recipe for the skin is:
-basecoat white
-wash nihalah oxide
-blend oxide:white 1:1
-glaze topmost areas white:lahmian medium 1:6
-extreme highlight white

Hope that helps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

44 minutes ago, Corai said:

Thanks, sorry for the late reply, but my recipe for the skin is:
-basecoat white
-wash nihalah oxide
-blend oxide:white 1:1
-glaze topmost areas white:lahmian medium 1:6
-extreme highlight white

Hope that helps

What about the paints used for the revenant banner buddy?

So to get that blue effect on the banner cloth you just washed oxide over it with that oxide wash,  previously highlighting?

Yes. Then highlight it in the same way as the skin but leave more of the darker base colour showing through.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Outstanding work dude, really had envisioned my army to look this way (paint scheme and base wise) before even seeing these but the conversions are so much better than i could've thought up, props my man!

Just wandered what you used and/or where to get the tree piece your spirit of durthu is standing on? also what brand are the flower tufts from? 

Thanks in advance!

• 4 months later...

Hi Corai,

Your sylvaneth army looks really amazing. Really impressing work that you have done here.
What kind of paints did you use to have such a nice brown/green bark look on your dryad?

Thanks in advance

Archived