Dark Elf Legends/ Compendium Points

Hobbit

With the release of Har Kuron its got me looking at running a unified dark elf army again but i'd like to included squatted units. Ignoring that these units couldn't normally be included in a Cities army, anyone know where I could find points for these?

I can see the points in the compendium and the legends pdf states they won't be updated but doesn't say if they exist or not. I'd mostly like to included the manflayers I got when they were made to order.

Thanks.

On 11/10/2020 at 6:16 PM, Hobbit said:

With the release of Har Kuron its got me looking at running a unified dark elf army again but i'd like to included squatted units. Ignoring that these units couldn't normally be included in a Cities army, anyone know where I could find points for these?

I can see the points in the compendium and the legends pdf states they won't be updated but doesn't say if they exist or not. I'd mostly like to included the manflayers I got when they were made to order.

Thanks.

Not sure if manflayers had points. There were a bunch of units that started directly as "Legends" (mainly named characters) and it could be the cases for manflayers.

Hope you find what you are looking for!

On 11/10/2020 at 6:16 PM, Hobbit said:

Thanks.

Personally I'd use the models but proxy them as something that has CoS rules and points.

Edited by Aezeal

To be honest, I actually really wonder why there are point values for legends units around, as from what I recall GW clearly said that Legends Compendiums were ment for Open and Narrative Play and won´t get any point support.

Edit: Found it. It´s in the DE Compendium on page 2:

This is where the Warhammer Legends Compendiums come in. They give us a place to publish rules that allow you to play games with your older miniatures. The rules are designed to be definitive, and will only be updated when we change the Warhammer Age of Sigmarcore rules. This means that Legends units are not designed for matched play (as they won’t, for example, have yearly points updates)

Also, comparing the DE Compendium to the other compendiums is a bit of an issue. We do not know what exacly happened in the GW HQ, propably the worker of GW who was about to make cool fine detailed Compendiums for all armies was told to do so in his free time and not as offical work. In the end there were only three other real compendiums: Heroes of the Old World, Skaven and Beastman.

All of thoose mentioned were made with a neat new layout in HD Resolution and contained no point values. They contained warscrolls for all units.

Then, on 01/03/2019 they dumped all the other "Compendiums", which were the old 1st ED AoS Transition Rules PDFs with a crappy resolution, many squated "counts as" unit-lists. They even lacked the "Warhammer Legends" Into-Page. But thoose had the point values included that GW provided when trying to save the format with the GHB release. We are talking about 4-5 year old point values which were a first draft of what power can be, and I assume these were never updated again.

Now, if we really desire point values, we could grab some old GHB books and check them. Or ask around if anyone has the crappy low hd res compendium of the dark aelves on their hdd and if that person is willing to share. But at this point...it would be easier to just houserule it or use these models as proxies.

Edit2: Sorry, in my pitty about GW dropping Legends I overlooked that you had all information I provided you on this topic already. Yet, my advice remains to ask people who are around since earlier AoS Days and who have the old handbook around

Edited by Charleston