Can Aelves, Duardin , Freeguild Humans and Stormcast Eternals have blue skin? (Noobie fluff question)

EntMan

I am new back to Warhammer having played a bit of Fantasy Battle and 40k back in the day.

I am starting to buy and paint minis for a Living City army. As well as regular human skin tones I would also like to paint some of my Humans, Elves, Dwarves and Stomcast (are they technically human?) with blue skin as I think it looks so cool - think Yondu in the Marvel films or Rogue Trooper from 2000AD comics.

My question is, is there any fluff reason to specifically allow or rule out more unusual skin colours? I figure there's a whole lot ofmagic flowing in the Mortal Realms so anything is possible?

And a related question - I notice that on the Games Workshop webstore all the Sylvaneth folk with skin rather than bark have blue skin. But I'd like mine to be yellow/orange/reds. Again, id there any specific fluff to allow this or rule it out? (I assume the same would apply for the colour of the cool sprite dudes that tend to hang out on Sylvaneth models)

Edited by EntMan
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, EntMan said:

I am new back to Warhammer having played a bit of Fantasy Battle and 40k back in the day.

I am starting to buy and paint minis for a Living City army. As well as regular human skin tones I would also like to paint some of my Humans, Elves, Dwarves and Stomcast (are they technically human?) with blue skin as I think it looks so cool - think Yondu in the Marvel films or Rogue Trooper from 2000AD comics.

My question is, is there any fluff reason to specifically allow or rule out more unusual skin colours? I figure there's a whole lot ofmagic flowing in the Mortal Realms so anything is possible?

And a related question - I notice that on the Games Workshop webstore all the Sylvaneth folk with skin rather than bark have blue skin. But I'd like mine to be yellow/orange/reds. Again, id there any specific fluff to allow this or rule it out? (I assume the same would apply for the colour of the cool sprite dudes that tend to hang out on Sylvaneth models)

You can paint your models any colour you like.  The Mortal Realms are so vast that no lore, official or otherwise, will ever cover them.  Choose a Realm that your army comes from and establish their own lore to fit their theme.  The Living City is set in Ghyran, the Realm of Life, mainly from a game aspect, but you can always establish your own city away from the official one, perhaps a colonised city from the original if you want a connection.  It doesn't even have to be in Ghyran - portals connecting Realms are the standard method of long distance travel.  Blue skin can be as a result of anything from local diet to a reaction to the surrounding atmosphere to a by-product of the Necroquake; basically the choice is yours.  It's as vast as the number of planets in 40k.

• Like 1

Like Aelfric mentioned - that's a good opportunity to come up with some cool, own lore about your city if that's what you want (you can just use the rules from one of the official 4 cities and re-name it for example, or maybe something happened at one of the official ones).

And even if that's not your cup of tea - just paint them blue because you like the look. No problem in the Moral Realms with that at all. 

The same is true for Sylvaneth - it's even easier there. Yellow/orange/red could be just a nice summer or autumn theme. This is even within the official fluff. 

Paint them as you like. I do, however, disagree on calling Stormcast human. They are soul powered flesh golems from the hammer god. Vaguely human shaped Ogors that have different physiology, psychology and ability from real humans. Yes, there's a human keyword on the warscroll, but that's just the soul put in the machine.

Flamingos are pink because of the food they eat. So let nobody tell you that in a world where the spirits of mountains walk around and elves ride flaming birds that your models skin tone can’t change. 

my Garreks Reavers have been eating some very dodgy shrimp as well ;) 

A557B0FF-C17D-442A-97FF-B8B5B98F5674.jpeg.9c26e6e5e86b065cbf605f775f33cc27.jpeg
5F3622E3-B049-4768-842B-607B5FC2B498.jpeg.3009d23e4f73c166bea57651bebf97c2.jpeg
03B7D918-B0D2-40D3-A7DA-80F7221EEDF4.jpeg.2f15ee907b29fdf0724651921297c7db.jpeg
edit: I used a YouTube tutorial for this as a basis.  If this was the style you want I can look it as I’m sure I saved the link somewhere. 

Edited by Kramer

Matbe they come from the realm of life, where they eat regularly a very nutritious fruit that in turn turns your skin blue. From the outside it could seem somewhat freaky, but in that society the grade of saturation in the blue is a sign of royalty or distinction!