The War of The Hammer

Bothers and Sisters of the Mountains heed this call to arms! The elgi have gone too far now, stealing the secrets of Runecraft, usurping our dark god Hashut as their own, but the greatest grudge they have struck this day is their “use” of WARHAMMERS!!!

the hammer is the tool and weapon of the Dawi! We forge our armour with it, bash in the skulls of Grobi and Skaven with it, and now the pathetic poem lovers dare make such a sacred weapon as useless as their hair?! 

Nay, this Grudge cannot stand!!! I call upon all sons and daughters of the mountains. Be ye Dispossessed warriors looking for vengeance, a fiery son or daughter of Grimnir, a privateer of the Baraks, or a fell prophet of The Legion. To war my brethren, Khazukan Kazakit-ha!

• Like 2
  • Haha 5
  • Sad 1
  • LOVE IT! 4

Very nice, I cannot wait to see some tales of the great success of our Duardin forces in preventing the degradation of our culture to the aelves. I would join in but I have no one to fight, what with the covid shutdowns still in effect.

Edited by Sttufe

40 minutes ago, Sttufe said:

Very nice, I cannot wait to see some tales of the great success of our Duardin forces in preventing the degradation of our culture to the aelves. I would join in but I have no one to fight, what with the covid shutdowns still in effect.

Agreed, till then we’ll just have to fill this board with theories, good times, and colorful insults against the morons who caused the end times.

7 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

As a disciple of the dark lords of Chaos I kinda feel like hammers should belong to everyone dude ✌️

Bleed, Change, Ooze and Indulge is my simple mantra.

Then you do not understand the Dawi well. Jokes aside the idea for this thread was created on “The Age of The Bristling Beard” thread as a mixture of joke/role play. We’re all just a bunch of dwarf fans being dwarfs here. 

• LOVE IT! 1

9 minutes ago, TheR00zle said:

Then you do not understand the Dawi well. Jokes aside the idea for this thread was created on “The Age of The Bristling Beard” thread as a mixture of joke/role play. We’re all just a bunch of dwarf fans being dwarfs here. 

We accept all in the Eightpoints and our Iron Golem's will give humans, aelves or duardin all the hammers they could ever need. I am just here trying to leave you some of our literature... but as one of the Dawi-Zharr I feel you know our work

(I was playing along as a spiritually enlightened yet easily offended Undivided follower of the dark gods. Particularly as my army features quite a few hammers as well)

Edited by Neverchosen

Just now, Neverchosen said:

We accept all in the Eightpoints and our Iron Golem's will give humans, aelves or duardin all the hammers they could need. I am just here trying to leave you some of our literature... but as one of the Dawi-Zharr I feel you know our work

(I was playing along as a spiritually enlightened yet easily offended Undivided follower of the dark gods.)

I have seen the work of these “Iron Golems” and have judged it to be barely above an amateurs level, though they improved once introduced to my Altar of Hashut. 

(I love the Iron Golems, easily my favorite Warband wit the Scions and Splintered Fang right behind them).

• LOVE IT! 1

Where were the Duardin when Sigmar took the Hammer as his personal symbol? When he blazoned it across the pauldrons and shields of every one of his Eternals? When he so thoroughly incorporated it into his brand that the Orruks refer to him as the Hammer God?

Aim your hammer-related ire at Sigmar first, if you are not too cowardly. Or be honest that your grudge against the Aelves is mere racism, with a thin veneer of hammer-indignance to lend it an air of legitimacy. Hammers do not belong to the Duardin in this Age.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Kadeton said:

Where were the Duardin when Sigmar took the Hammer as his personal symbol? When he blazoned it across the pauldrons and shields of every one of his Eternals? When he so thoroughly incorporated it into his brand that the Orruks refer to him as the Hammer God?

Aim your hammer-related ire at Sigmar first, if you are not too cowardly. Or be honest that your grudge against the Aelves is mere racism, with a thin veneer of hammer-indignance to lend it an air of legitimacy. Hammers do not belong to the Duardin in this Age.

Grungni did it actually, the Kharadron count it as a purchased license, though we are sure many of our earthbound kin feel a bit aggrieved. Chaos of course is chaos and we cannot control them, but I do not see the humans using hammers, or the sylvaneth, and the lizardmen use maces not hammers, subtle but distinct difference. The sylvaneth are like aelves, but they know their place.

As for the points with chaos, we are already fighting you guys, you are literally the unholiest abominations we have come across, the hammers are just one grudge on a list a mile long. The aelves though, we weren't fighting with the aelves before.

Edited by Sttufe
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, TheR00zle said:

I have seen the work of these “Iron Golems” and have judged it to be barely above an amateurs level, though they improved once introduced to my Altar of Hashut. 

The Iron Golems are just learning the true words of the Gods, but their skills will improve under Archaon's tutelage. Maybe some Uzkul-Dhrazh-Zharr artisans can swing on over to the Eightpoints and show 'em a thing or two? Who needs hammers when we can get production rolling our lovely Hellcanons once again! 🤗

Heck if we work hard enough maybe we will be blessed with a nice pair of wings for our efforts. 😇

6 minutes ago, Kadeton said:

Ah, this must be why the Kharadrons have forsaken hammers almost entirely, in favour of saws and pikes...

May I remind you of the sacred weapon of our most venerated masters of endrineering!

My Maneaters worked for a Fyreslayer lodge during the season of war, really nice group. They know how to flame broil Slaven just the way I like it.

ah yes the Fyreslayers, bunch of fools for duardin, flip allegiances faster than teclis in the end times.

Edited by Sttufe

1 hour ago, Kadeton said:

Signage was gifted that hammer back in The Old World, who gave him that hammer you ask? THE DAWI. 

5 minutes ago, TheR00zle said:

How much meat/gold do we need to pay you to get your tribe to work for us in this war?

Oh no meat or gold required, just provide us enough blasting powder and point out the enemy/meat/loot. And we have a special offer in October if you want a realy GARGANTUAN Merc, just provide the siege armour.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Grim Beasties said:

Oh no meat or gold required, just provide us enough blasting powder and point out the enemy/meat/loot. And we have a special offer in October if you want a realy GARGANTUAN Merc, just provide the siege armour.

Seige armor is for pussies, get a powersuit, way better. In fact, I can provide one for you in size XXXXXXXXXXXL for the low low low price of eternal servitude and loyalty to the Barak of the Red Sun and 1 metric ounce of regular old steel. Best deal on the market I can readily assure you, and our laborers are treated just as humanely as anyone could ask for, definitely not like corporate slaves that toil endlessly towards a goal of paying their freedom that they can never reach. Not that you would ever be considered something so low as laborers, valued customer.

• Like 2

Aye, Sigmar gets a pass when it comes to declaring himself the God of Hammers. After all our ancestors were the ones who gave him Ghal Maraz in the first place. He and his stormcast might have gone a bit carried away, but at least they are celebrating true dwarven craftsmanship. 

The elgi though... 

As I said in the great hall of the Bristling Beard last night, its not just about hammers, that is just a rallying cry.

They have stolen runecraft,

They have usurped the likeness of Hashut as their icon,

They have awakened the very mountains and turned them against us,

And they have armed their warriors in a mocking parody of the mighty hammerers.

All three Duardin clans stand united in this, as do the Dawi Zharr. When Dwarf marches with Chaos Dwarf and calls him "cousin" you know that we are serious. That has never happened before in this world or the last. But if there is one thing that can return the lost ones to the fold its the shared hatred of aelves.

• Like 1

The pointy ears using hammers is some next level blasphemy, that not only needs entering in the book of grudges but needs "hammering out".

Preferably Aelf brain matter everywhere, starting with those no good twins Teclis and Tyrion. One started the end times and the other couldn't keep his hands off the Everqueen then followed that up with a dalliance with Morathi! And he's meant to be honorable?! 

All said from the viewpoint of your friendly neighbourhood vampire. 

2091898504_Kharadronoverlords.JPG.77e49a1530836c8816c2d884c944a8e5.JPG1397873495_DwarfArmy.JPG.d2a7db92e995e2f70991bf22d3e55b6c.JPG318000501_ChaosDwarves.JPG.af4f837d11afab179b901f05bc375f75.JPGMy forces are mustered!

Throng, Legion, and Skyfleet alike. (I've posted these before, but it seemed like a good time to dig the pictures out again. I've got half an aetherwar set to add to the Kharadrons, so will need to take a new picture for them once I finish painting them.)

Edit: Now I just need some of my friends to actually get some Lumineth and the battle can be joined!

Edited by EccentricCircle
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, JPjr said:

oh wow, so you telling me that you guys haven't seen the leaked concept art for Tyrion's model?

5880cb92942afe80eb7ffd9e7853aa8a.jpg

Ahhh, he holds his puny aelven beer. This item is of negligible quality that everyone knows is truly inferior to the great Dwarven Ales. Stick to your watered wine you pansy aelves! And we all know Aelves cant grow beards, so that's just an obvious aelven made lie.

Edited by Sttufe

46 minutes ago, EccentricCircle said:

2091898504_Kharadronoverlords.JPG.77e49a1530836c8816c2d884c944a8e5.JPG1397873495_DwarfArmy.JPG.d2a7db92e995e2f70991bf22d3e55b6c.JPG318000501_ChaosDwarves.JPG.af4f837d11afab179b901f05bc375f75.JPGMy forces are mustered!

Throng, Legion, and Skyfleet alike. (I've posted these before, but it seemed like a good time to dig the pictures out again. I've got half an aetherwar set to add to the Kharadrons, so will need to take a new picture for them once I finish painting them.)

Edit: Now I just need some of my friends to actually get some Lumineth and the battle can be joined!

Excellent, now we just need one more person to join us....

SOMEBODY FIND GOTREK!!!