My Celestial Vindicators

Brad Gamma

Hey there TGA, long time no post!

I have been absent from the forums for a while, because my hobby became very 40k focused, but I have recently gotten back into Age of Sigmar! Last time I was on here I was writing about my Gharuki Forest Duardin. This time I'm being slightly less adventurous and painting a largely unconverted, established army, the Celestial Vindicators.

The Celestial Vindicators are known for their war chants, which they use to keep their rage in check. I plan to build a warrior chamber called the Warsong Chamber, or Warsingers, who channel their rage into epic symphonies and songs. Eventually I would like to represent this with a trio of converted Knight Heraldors.

My main objective is to achieve a clean and beautiful Army in a GW style, replicating the sort of work done by the Armies and Battlefields team.

As I post this I have already completed 12 models which comes to about 600pts (I have Knight Questor Larissa Shadowstalker, who doesnt have a proper points cost).

Here are the models so far!

Liberators - Lead by the fearless Starla Goldmane. She does not allow her men to dual wield weapons, because they get out of hand!

LiberatorsSquad2.jpg.cb38634e8d314a53c19399d3127cd41f.jpg

Steelheart's Champions - As of yet unnamed Steelheart's Champions equivalent! Love these models

SteelheartsChampions.jpg.42b763b596837651b1dce2562ffce025.jpg

Liberator Prime - Liberator prime Argus Ragefist, soon to be accompanied by his dual hammer wielding men.

LiberatorPrime.jpg.d041ae913e634b2c847449757559aabd.jpg

Knight Incantor - Gaia Stormheart accompanies the Warsong Chamber on their quest.

incantordraft1.jpg.e060bdf4462f499b7cb2a1f87042be2c.jpgincantordraft2.jpg.8be346d3af756419cc6e12a71de897d2.jpg

Questing Knights - As of yet unnamed errant and knight questor tag along for the fun!

Questors.jpg.283d6d87807d252f0c9118bb202b1fdb.jpg

Looking forward to expanding these guys over the coming months! I will start to take some army shots when I get to 1000pts, and some WIP shots along the way.

Next up is a unit of 5 Judicators!

Thanks for having a look :)

Edited by Brad Gamma
Duplicate photo
  • Like 15
  • LOVE IT! 5

21 hours ago, Sttufe said:

Your Gharuki Duardin were some of my favorite KO conversions yet, I cannot wait to see how these SC come out!

Thanks buddy! Probably a bit less converting on these ones :) though I will probably do an armies on parade board for them, depending on when that comes back round.

19 hours ago, Kramer said:

Loved those green dwarfies. Good to have you back 

Thanks! Good to be back.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Mastertama said:

Can you tell me the process by which you made the blue? it's really good

Beautiful miniature compliments

Of course! My method uses an airbrush, so i'll list how I do it, and then how I would do it without an airbrush.

For reference, each model here took about 5-7 hours depending on how many extra bits there were. The exception to this is Severin Steelheart, who I spent about 20-25 hours on because I was using it as a portfolio piece.

With Airbrush 

1. Prime everything in mid-grey (I use badger grey primer through my airbrush).
  2. Airbrush Incubi Darkness over the whole model.
  3. Do a light zenithal with Sotek Green. The total amount you use here sets the brightness for the model, I've varied a bit inconsistantly.
  4. (Optional) Glaze sotek green onto raised parts that I feel should be brighter, but the airbrush has missed.
  5. Shade recesses with coelia greenshade then a more detailed recess shade with nuln oil.
  6. Thick highlight with temple guard blue.
  7. Thin highlight with baharroth blue.
  8. Points and specular highlights with 50:50 baharoth and white scar.

Without Airbrush (faster method)

If I was going to do the base coat without an airbrush here is how I would do it, if I wanted to retain a little bit of speed. If you look at the first picture of the liberators, the guy in the top left is very close to this because I just sprayed him Sotek green. He looks a bit flatter than everyone else, but I don't think its that noticeable.

1. Prime mid to light grey
  2. Basecoat Sotek Green
  3. Shade recesses with coelia greenshade then a more detailed recess shade with nuln oil.
  4. Thick highlight with temple guard blue.
  5. Thin highlight with baharroth blue.

Without Airbrush (slower method)

If I was going to do the base coat without an airbrush but wanted to get a close result to what I have above, I would do the following but it would take a while

1. Prime mid to light grey
  2. Basecoat Incubi Darkness
  3. Block out some high points in sotek green
  4. Blend the two colours with glazes.
  5. Shade recesses with coelia greenshade then a more detailed recess shade with nuln oil.
  6. Thick highlight with temple guard blue.
  7. Thin highlight with baharroth blue.
  8. Points and specular highlights with 50:50 baharoth and white scar.

Awesome painted stormcast. I love the coulors. Well done basing too. I always prefered Metall armor instead of some fancy coulors but your Style changed my mind a little. 

I like the exclusive models as well. I miss the orc heads but it fits better to the rest, the way you converted it. 

Looking forward to see more. Keep up that good work 

• Thanks 1

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...