Sons of Behemat Discussion πŸ‘£

Gareth πŸ„

53 minutes ago, Moogypies said:

Now for actual models :D I have started work on the Giant Cavalry with his "Blood Vulture" to be used as a huskard on stonehorn
Lot of work to be done filling in gaps and contructing the legs still This guy will also have to fit in with my Orruk mawtribes desert theme so will probably have tyranid carapace like shoulderpads added tooΒ 
20200821_132525.jpg

Looking good so far mate!!

7 hours ago, Moogypies said:

Now for actual models :D I have started work on the Giant Cavalry with his "Blood Vulture" to be used as a huskard on stonehorn
Lot of work to be done filling in gaps and contructing the legs still This guy will also have to fit in with my Orruk mawtribes desert theme so will probably have tyranid carapace like shoulderpads added tooΒ 
20200821_132525.jpg

Crackin job their mate, love it.......the stonehorn actually looks small compared to the gargant haha

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Gutlord said:

Crackin job their mate, love it.......the stonehorn actually looks small compared to the gargant haha

Hah, you never know in like 10 years maybe well get giant cavalry when they expand the faction :D It's just about the right size, the hardest thing was the body shape of the stonehorn and the way the gargants groin/leg stubs are doesnt really lend well to a traditional riding pose, but when you're that big if you fall off just jump back on I suppose.Β 

I'll want at least 3-4 of these so will have to think about ways to keep the theme and add some variety in poses which will...pose a challenge

Edited by Moogypies
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just wanted to share my first Gargant with you guys.

It was built like the Gargant on the box. The cage was an annoying nightmare to paint.πŸ€ͺ

386ACDF3-D025-4EA0-8230-46C9461C4AFF.jpeg
Β 

I also tested him out today. In the first game he was the classic distracting Carnifex and got sniped by Lumineth archers before he could move. And in the second he managed to kill 9 Wardens (2 live on in his pocket).

I really hope that his warscroll gets a big power up, because with the Aleguzzler rules these things aren't much of a threat and their survivability is just non existent (the Wardens he charged brought him down to 2 wounds...).

Edited by Archibald
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Archibald said:

Just wanted to share my first Gargant with you guys.

It was built like the Gargant on the box. The cage was an annoying nightmare to paint.πŸ€ͺ

386ACDF3-D025-4EA0-8230-46C9461C4AFF.jpeg
Β 

I also tested him out today. In the first game he was the classic distracting Carnifex and got sniped by Lumineth archers before he could move. And in the second he managed to kill 9 Wardens (2 live on in his pocket).

I really hope that his warscroll gets a big power up, because with the Aleguzzler rules these things aren't much of a threat and their survivability is just non existent (the Wardens he charged brought him down to 2 wounds...).

Fantastic work mate love the base!! Were you using him with Beastclaw Raiders by any chance?Β 

9 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Fantastic work mate love the base!! Were you using him with Beastclaw Raiders by any chance?Β 

Nope,

we played a 1500p and 1000p game. And i used just one Frostlord. But i have to say that i love the look of the Gargant alongside the Gutbusters.😍
Β 

List 1 (1500p):

Frostlord on Stonehorn

Hunter

4 Ironguts

12 Gluttons

2 Cats

4 Cats

4 Cats

1 Gargant

Β 

List 2 (1000p):

Slaughtermaster

4 Ironguts

12 Gluttons

2 Leadbelchers

1 Gargant

Β 

Let GARGANTOBER come!

Edited by Archibald
  • Like 1

Progress shot, the beastie is nearly done, tomorrow the giant gets hit with the brush and we eliminate those unsightly streaks and pools.Β 

I'm not sure how much we'll see beneficial to us in New Book 1-Β Morathi, possibly some relics and the such usable to all races? But there again if we assume they would've been out already credit of the GHB having our points, maybe it does.Β 

20200822_222248.jpg

Edited by Moogypies
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Looking at the Gargant has me so hyped just to see what artwork we are going to get!!

Almost there, only 5 weeks and 3 days till at least one of our official products is on preorder which means community articles in about 4 weeks hopefully!Β :PΒ The book can tide us over if its not at the same time at least.

Edited by Moogypies
  • LOVE IT! 1

20 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Looking at the Gargant has me so hyped just to see what artwork we are going to get!!

The artwork on that poster looks amazing doesn't it......just imagine what we're going to see in our battletome!

I've just bought gordrakk for my ironjawz because he has an ability that gives destruction units plus 1 to hit.....that armoured mega gargant of mine is gonna be one ard lad πŸ’ͺ

38 minutes ago, Moogypies said:

Almost there, only 5 weeks and 3 days till at least one of our official products is on preorder which means community articles in about 4 weeks hopefully!Β :PΒ The book can tide us over if its not at the same time at least.

I hope we get some fantastic Community Articles!! Not longΒ to go and we'll have a Battletome, new kit and an Audio Drama!!

15 minutes ago, Gutlord said:

The artwork on that poster looks amazing doesn't it......just imagine what we're going to see in our battletome!

I've just bought gordrakk for my ironjawz because he has an ability that gives destruction units plus 1 to hit.....that armoured mega gargant of mine is gonna be one ard lad πŸ’ͺ

Hell be breaking the Gates to Azyr himself!! I cannot wait lads.

• LOVE IT! 1

3 hours ago, Moogypies said:

image.png.91938429c92cc6b19dc418b4f0012661.png

This says we're going to have a bunch of named special mercenary giants in our book! The question will be if we are able to freely use them also in addition to generic megas. We now know a little more content about our book at least, it's not just 4 warscrolls!

Β 

Β 

3 hours ago, Noomanator said:

We finally get another tidbit on how allied Mega Gargants will work with this community article.Β 
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/09/08/lumineth-and-friends/

I only hope this means we are soon, perhaps even ahead of the speculated 10th of October preo-order date?

Literally saw the article and thought I'd take a look later, how wrong I was!! This is bloody excellent!! A named Mega Gargant!! God this has me so excited how many others are there?! Will they have their own lore?! They even confirmed that they were coming out before too long so the October 10th Pre Order date could be true for the Sons as well as the Audio Drama!!Β 

If you cannot tell...I'm excited.

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Β 

Literally saw the article and thought I'd take a look later, how wrong I was!! This is bloody excellent!! A named Mega Gargant!! God this has me so excited how many others are there?! Will they have their own lore?! They even confirmed that they were coming out before too long so the October 10th Pre Order date could be true for the Sons as well as the Audio Drama!!Β 

If you cannot tell...I'm excited.

I wonder how many there are, since Mr Whalebiter is Order/Destruction only well probably have a chaos only guy, a dead giant? and a few inbetween. Make me wonder if the sprue has spare parts to help differentiate them tooΒ 

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

46 minutes ago, Moogypies said:

I wonder how many there are, since Mr Whalebiter is Order/Destruction only well probably have a chaos only guy, a dead giant? and a few inbetween. Make me wonder if the sprue has spare parts to help differentiate them tooΒ 

That's just what I was thinking mate, not everyone enjoys hacking thier models to bits and chucking green stuff all over them so it would make sense to have additional parts.....or....wait a minute.......ok, what about if the 3 mega gargants we've seen are destruction/order models,Β then last minute they show us a chaos/death box set allowing 3 additional models!Β