Starcast - The Thread

Turragor

1 minute ago, Marcvs said:

Storms... that thing is not keyword restricted 😮 well then, yes, probably auto include in whatever grand alliance list one can come up with. Bonkers

It functions like the +1 to cast to friendly wizards of the drakes, instead that's for all friendly's with teclis.
Also, using LRL battlelines + Teclis + a Drake would be fun, they would get + 2 to cast, + 1 to dispell.

12 minutes ago, Maturin said:

It's a pain in the ass though that  Malign sorceries artifacts are being removed.

yeah, pretty bad, both for SCE and GA:Order at the moment, the realm artifact leaked so far are... underwhelming. We'll see I suppose.

But now I cannot stop thinking of Teclis + Hearthguard bersekers in GA:O and things like that lol

1 hour ago, Marcvs said:

yeah, pretty bad, both for SCE and GA:Order at the moment, the realm artifact leaked so far are... underwhelming. We'll see I suppose.

But now I cannot stop thinking of Teclis + Hearthguard bersekers in GA:O and things like that lol

What do Hearthguard do?

Are we leaning towards me not cleaning up, gluing together and painting my Lord Kroak model then? 😛

Teclis and 10 new archers might be simplest experiment (quickest to paint). Ofc one can boot up tabletop simulator again - but its not like I found time for that either haha. I usually find 1 - 1.5 hrs every 2 nights to paint andthen play tournaments when they pop up :)

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Turragor said:

Are we leaning towards me not cleaning up, gluing together and painting my Lord Kroak model then? 😛

Lol I still hope they won't hit him with a +81 pts increase... I literally finished painting my Stormkroak earlier today ^^"

IMG_20200702_180415756.jpg.cc3e6ced39156bfc520c6750c65adfbe.jpg

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

Yeah Im gonna get him done. I mean, in fairness, LRL - following from Seraphon - aren't going to end pure SC lists. If you have to play pure SC you have a few options and Starcast is one of them.

It may be that it's tough against LRL with Starcast (I think the list has a few tools to  make it tough in return mind you) but that applies to the rest of the factions in the meta too.

We shall see.

1 hour ago, Turragor said:

Yeah Im gonna get him done. I mean, in fairness, LRL - following from Seraphon - aren't going to end pure SC lists. If you have to play pure SC you have a few options and Starcast is one of them.

It may be that it's tough against LRL with Starcast (I think the list has a few tools to  make it tough in return mind you) but that applies to the rest of the factions in the meta too.

We shall see.

But a Shootcast would have an easier time. 4 balistas + LO isn't fun when you're on the receiving end.
The biggest problem with Stormcast for me is our inability to go first if we want to. We'll always end up deploying last, unless you play a 2000pts Skyborne slayers with no other units besides those of the batallion.

Edited by Maturin

27 minutes ago, Maturin said:

We'll always end up deploying last, unless you play a 2000pts Skyborne slayers with no other units besides those of the batallion.

OK, ok... hear me out:

Spoiler

Allegiance: Stormcast Eternals
Drakesworn Templar (420)
- Tempest Axe
Drakesworn Templar (420)
- Tempest Axe
Drakesworn Templar (420)
- Tempest Axe
10 x Liberators (200)
- Warhammer & Shield
10 x Liberators (200)
- Warhammer & Shield
10 x Liberators (200)
- Warhammer & Shield
Drakesworn Temple (140)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 108

No please! Don't leave the topic just yet. I can explain lol.

Remember, Libs are getting a points drop ... plus em... hahaha I got nothing.

I'm not so sure it's a bad idea, though 4 drops will still not outdrop the 1-2 drop power houses.

PS: Come the new tome, if they buff the hell out of liberators, this is the kind of list I'll play lol.

Edited by Turragor
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Marcvs said:

ok so, points for SCE have leaked @ chumphammer on twitter. Changes for Starcast after a fast read:

Liberators at 90pts

Incantor 120 (exorcist 90 lol )

Celestant prime 300

Its great for thé Prime. Libs sucks anyway. WE néed New warscrolls for libs. 

Edited by Maturin

I like seeing Concussors down to 220 and desolators and tempestors went down to 190, however the gap got shorter and I really prefer concussors if the points allow, their deny pilein on 6 to hit in itself is a really handy tool.

Judicators going down to 140, had hoped to see 130 or even 120, but perhaps GW does not want to make it all too cheap and then improve warscroll to what SC should be in the next book and force people to massively cut their favourite army comps ;)

19 minutes ago, Scurvydog said:

I like seeing Concussors down to 220 and desolators and tempestors went down to 190, however the gap got shorter and I really prefer concussors if the points allow, their deny pilein on 6 to hit in itself is a really handy tool.

Yeah good stuff. Something people don't care about despite its effectiveness is thé etherwings. At40 points, its almost free. They won me several games

After the point reductions, here's a first attempt at the low-magic version of Starcast -IF the possibility of allying LRL is confirmed, I have seen a leak with an alliance table for Destruction so they may include changes on this aspect.

LCoSD 500
Templar 420
Castellant 120
3xLibs 270
Light of Eltharion 220
Prime 300
Incantor 120

Total: 1950 (you can either swap one unit of libs for bow judicators or include a unit of aetherwings)

Again, if the alliance with LRL is possible, you can also swap the incantor for the archers, but I feel the inclusion of the autounbind scroll is still very useful.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Marcvs said:

After the point reductions, here's a first attempt at the low-magic version of Starcast -IF the possibility of allying LRL is confirmed, I have seen a leak with an alliance table for Destruction so they may include changes on this aspect.

LCoSD 500
Templar 420
Castellant 120
3xLibs 270
Light of Eltharion 220
Prime 300
Incantor 120

Total: 1950 (you can either swap one unit of libs for bow judicators or include a unit of aetherwings)

Again, if the alliance with LRL is possible, you can also swap the incantor for the archers, but I feel the inclusion of the autounbind scroll is still very useful.

Without the ethereal amulet, I'm not really comfortable with the Templar. Sure, you could shine the light on him, but then the castellant hasn't got it.
The prime could fit in a piece of terrain in a pinch to get +1 save, but not the drake.

1 hour ago, Maturin said:

Without the ethereal amulet, I'm not really comfortable with the Templar. Sure, you could shine the light on him, but then the castellant hasn't got it.
The prime could fit in a piece of terrain in a pinch to get +1 save, but not the drake.

Of course he's more vulnerable, but I tend to use him as counterpunch, keeping him further behind the Celestant. In any case, I always took Ignax on the Celestant so far

Edited by Marcvs

Going to a turny and thinking of bringing my SC now.

I love the extra points available in the list, but really conflicted on what might be the best synergy:

LCoSD 500

Incantor 120

Castellan 120

Prime 300

3 x 5 libs 270

4 concussors 440

comet 100

But that leaves some budget of 120

could be judicators, and most other heroes... Another incantor could improve my magic a bit, better defense with another scroll an possibly dispell the comet for the other to recast. A Knight Heraldor to toot some MW and also assist the LCoSD to maximize stormwinged is also interesting. Heck even 2 castellans to reinforce both the drake and dracoth unit could be worth something and lastly a Relictor for divine light and some heal or MW output.

Edited by Scurvydog