Doppel vs ethereal, what do you prefer?

Grimoriano

I think the Doppelganger Cloak is amazing on a VLoZD because it prevents them from being Alpha-striked so they can always do their damage. I don't have much experience with the Ethereal Amulet but obviously the unrendable 3+ save feels strong.  A bit too strong for my personal tastet, so I don't use it. Though it does not protect from Mortal Wounds so you should keep that in mind. 

I would say neither is very efficient on non-combat heroes. If your Necromancer general ends up in close combat the battle is almost certainly lost. In my 1K Legion of Sacrament list my Necromancer General is protected with the Wristbands of Black Gold, a unit of Skeletons and a Wight King.  As a support unit there should always be someone between him and the enemy.

Edited by Macarian
  • Like 1

ragged cloak or have you not played skaven or flying dwarf pirates recently.

They are both wicked artefacts but for me a ragged cloak or sword of judgement as my army lacks that mortal wound kick, if I had a 3plus save i'd be inclined to take the amulet but doppelgänger does mean you can lump your mawcrusha or terrogeist as a big movement block without out the worry of getting a swift 1-2 dead from a block of half naked lady elves

• Like 1

My army is the Grand Host of Nagash, and they march forth from Nagashizzar, at the heart of Shyish, the realm of Death.  As such, for thematic reasons alone, I personally have always taken the Realm of Death's Ethereal Amulet over the Realm of Shadow's Doppleganger Cloak on my own Dragon Lords.

• Like 4