The Rumour Thread

31 minutes ago, EonChao said:

The event starts on the 6th April so I guess we'll see stores start promoting it over the next week or so ready for it. You sign up as either a protector or destroyer of the city (regardless of faction) and then have a score sheet to complete to earn points. If you get 18 points that you get a success for your side and a Coin Malleus.

Points are for:
Paint a full Vanguard or Spearhead box (6 points)

Paint a leader/hero (1 point) x2

Paint a battleline unit (1 point) x2

Paint a behemoth (1 point)

Paint an artillery unit (1 point)

Paint any unit (1 point) x4

Play a Path to Glory game (1 point) x4

Play any game of Age of Sigmar (1 point) x4

Complete a Path to Glory Quest (2 points)

And then there's bonus points for introducing a new player to the game

Wow, I'm ngl painting a battleline unit should be worth 3x as much as a leader or hero AT LEAST. Painting battleline for some factions is legitimately soul draining, especially when you then need 40 of them

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Personally I love the direction AOS and the Narrative is going. 

my only trepidation is that if Kelly really wants 9/10ths of the Realm discs to be held by Chaos... 4e can only have so much of everyone else losing. Like if Skaven took 1/3rd of the Great Parch, that sounds like Aqshy is now 9.33/10ths full of Chaos? where is the hope they say they want in AOS if Skaven and Chaos destroy more Cities than got founded? etc.

starting to really feel like Malerion and/or Tyrion will be the narrative tools used to put Order back on the offensive, whenever that is.

if Silent People are still on the table I hope they quite literally eat the Skaven out of Ghur

edit: i don't want to write 9/10ths anymore 😂

Edited by CommissarRotke
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

12 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Personally I love the direction AOS and the Narrative is going. 

I could definitely see Chaos Duardin, Skaven and Ogors being the big releases for this Edition.

Alongside Wave 2s for Idoneth, Fyreslayers, Ossiarch, Kruelboyz, Kharadron and Cities.

Wave 3 for Lumineth as well.

Theres plenty of space and time for all that to happen.

Malerion? I think he'll be the big bad in 5.0 with his Aelves joining DOK and Dark Elves leaving CoS.

Fixed 😅

4 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

starting to really feel like Malerion and/or Tyrion will be the narrative tools used to put Order back on the offensive, whenever that is.

Maybe that is the plan for 5th edition, as we should reset the cycle and go back to focus in order like 1st edition.

Edited by Ragest
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

my only trepidation is that if Kelly really wants 9/10ths of the Realm discs to be held by Chaos... 4e can only have so much of everyone else losing. Like if Skaven took 1/3rd of the Great Parch, that sounds like Aqshy is now 9.33/10ths full of Chaos? where is the hope they say they want in AOS if Skaven and Chaos destroy more Cities than got founded? etc.

if Silent People are still on the table I hope they quite literally eat the Skaven out of Ghur

And the number of Cities founded is also pretty low! Before Vedra's reform 9/10 crusades ended failing. Now if also the cities start failing Sigmar better go to another game in his Maleus asteroid now.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

It isn't that far from the water

Hide contents

But I just asked in the Wiki group and no, Verdigris doesn't have a pic showing its icon like Embergard, which is... weird. It could be a leak about which city survives.

Honestly through the whole narrative I was more rooting for the crusaders in Ghyran, marshall Thorian speaks to me way more than Zenestra. Hope she turns into a tree or something and survives the narrative.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, pitzok said:

Honestly through the whole narrative I was more rooting for the crusaders in Ghyran, marshall Thorian speaks to me way more than Zenestra. Hope she turns into a tree or something and survives the narrative.

What about Verdigris failing, but her succumbing to her Ghyranite powers in the last defense and appearing later on as a Sylvaneth character? I think that would be a nice plot twist and a cool way to give an army a name with some lore behind it.

1 hour ago, EonChao said:

The event starts on the 6th April so I guess we'll see stores start promoting it over the next week or so ready for it. You sign up as either a protector or destroyer of the city (regardless of faction) and then have a score sheet to complete to earn points. If you get 18 points that you get a success for your side and a Coin Malleus.

Points are for:
Paint a full Vanguard or Spearhead box (6 points)

Paint a leader/hero (1 point) x2

Paint a battleline unit (1 point) x2

Paint a behemoth (1 point)

Paint an artillery unit (1 point)

Paint any unit (1 point) x4

Play a Path to Glory game (1 point) x4

Play any game of Age of Sigmar (1 point) x4

Complete a Path to Glory Quest (2 points)

And then there's bonus points for introducing a new player to the game

It’s paint or build on the muster cards since they’re on their twice it’s  1pt build a leader 1pt paint a leader etc, or at least that how my store is doing it

Edited by Deakz28

10 minutes ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

Guys, look at the big tatoo on the new edition SCE. What is it ? Do you know it ?

AoS HubPage Announcement Large

Ngl it looks a bit like the lower half of the brand of sacrifice in Berserk.

Maybe for GHR to ascend he had to go through the same process as Griffith and this sce just got caught in the crossfire of the eclipse?

1 hour ago, pitzok said:

Yeah both thorian and vedra are much more compelling characters than zenestra to me personally, zenestra is distinctively more sinister and shady. Maybe thorian dies and get reforged by sigmar, that'd be interesting imo

• Like 4

Regarding the in-store event, my local posted the below a few days back:

image.png.1621934e4c8b0423acded92265cff733.png

And they have been doing a daily worldbuilding thing to determine the details of the city, like the realm, location in the realm, description of the terrain, etc. while they build an in store board to match it.

Quoted below to not absorb too much post space:

May be a graphic of text that says "ÛI DAWNBRINGERS CRUSADE Minnarkis WILL OUR CITY RISE OR FALL? Will Minnarkis be founded in Aqshy or Gyran? Let us know your opinions in the comments. Join the Dawnbringer Crusade In-store Today!"

May be an image of text that says "ÛI Û DAWNBRINGERS CRUSADE Minnarkis WILL OUR CITY RISE OR FALL? Minnarkis will be built in Ghyran, but in what type of environment? Let us know your opinions in the comments. Join the Dawn Dawnbringer Crusade In-store Today!"

May be a graphic of text that says "Û Û DAWNBRINGERS CRUSADE Minnarkis WILL OUR CITY RISE OR FALL? Minnarkis is set to be constructed beneath cascading waterfalls atop boulders strewn with moss surrounded by ferns of unusual size, but there are ruins of an older settlement there! What are those ruins from? Let us know your opinions in the comments. Join the Dawn Dawnbringer Crusade In-store Today!"

May be a graphic of text that says "Û DAWNBRINGERS CRUSADE Minnarhis WILL OUR CITY RISE OR FALL? It seems the ancient rubble that Mirrakis being built upon extends deep beneath the Gyranite soil and may hide a sinister secret! Today help us decide why this location was chosen to build the fledgling city, simply resource rich area, are their arcane magics here be harnessed, or something else more sinister?, You decide! Let us know your opinions in the comments. Join the Dawnbringer Crusade In-store Today!"

Edited by GloomkingWortwazi
  • Like 4
  • LOVE IT! 4

5 hours ago, CommissarRotke said:

Sacrosanct might get a hero or two as wardens of the Ruination chamber? We also know Astreia (model hero) died to Ushoran, which kind of screamed "we're thunderstriking her" to me. only problem is she's in the Hammers chamber not Hallowed Knights and I'm not sure the precedent on switching chambers?

we gotta keep in mind that #AOSreforged means the team is trying to solidify/clarify the lore so new people can be onboarded better. Expect them to address the common complaints that "prevent" other Warhammer fans especially from jumping into AOS.

i'm...tentatively curious about this. it would also explain why "SIGMAR LIED" was something we already knew about Stormcast.

I would love Thunderstrike Astreia...

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, GloomkingWortwazi said:

Regarding the in-store event, my local posted the below a few days back:

image.png.1621934e4c8b0423acded92265cff733.png

And they have been doing a daily worldbuilding thing to determine the details of the city, like the realm, location in the realm, description of the terrain, etc. while they build an in store board to match it.

Quoted below to not absorb too much post space:

That's suuuuper cool!

• Like 1

Side note: I guess the location is confirmed by a Whitefang like?

21 hours ago, GloomkingWortwazi said:

Also, maybe along the Adamantine Chain is where the Skaven are setting up shop for AoS4?
Was just flicking through the CoS book and noticed the two warren-cities marked on the map of The Great Parch:

image.png.0818c5df6a91d8df8295381678a6a3e5.png

image.png.273e916640b86a5957e167ae6a05a39d.png

Edited by GloomkingWortwazi

10 minutes ago, GloomkingWortwazi said:

Spoiler

Maybe then we can confirm the Skavens are attacking Embergard? Which would be a spoiler also...

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, GloomkingWortwazi said:

2 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Hide contents

Maybe then we can confirm the Skavens are attacking Embergard? Which would be a spoiler also...

Spoiler

Well also Ionus black towers for the ruination chambers are also located in the Adamantine Mountains so i just a domino effect 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Vaellas said:

Just had a look and my local posted as well. Seems that each store may have a different name for their city.

Yeah each store has been assigned a different city which can be saved or destroyed.

6 hours ago, CommissarRotke said:

Sacrosanct might get a hero or two as wardens of the Ruination chamber? We also know Astreia (model hero) died to Ushoran, which kind of screamed "we're thunderstriking her" to me. only problem is she's in the Hammers chamber not Hallowed Knights and I'm not sure the precedent on switching chambers?

we gotta keep in mind that #AOSreforged means the team is trying to solidify/clarify the lore so new people can be onboarded better. Expect them to address the common complaints that "prevent" other Warhammer fans especially from jumping into AOS.

i'm...tentatively curious about this. it would also explain why "SIGMAR LIED" was something we already knew about Stormcast.

FFS, thanks for the spoiler... 

Just because "you know", doesn't mean the rest of us do. Use the spoiler tags in future for the schmucks like me that weren't aware. This is as irritating as when some numpty on twitter spoiled broken realms Teclis.

Sorry but this has wound me up. It's just inconsiderate, it really is. In a world that's pretty faecal, toy soldiers and advancing narrative brings some joy. Spoilers like this really aren't fun. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 13

On 3/25/2024 at 9:11 AM, Gaz Taylor said:

It's going to be on 16th May from 1900 local time to the event. They say so on the page (if you read between the lines :D )

I'm hoping to go to the UK event on that weekend but lets see how many wife points I can save (I'm already at a Warmaster event at the start of the month!).

I agree Battalions will go. I suspect we will see something similar to 40K where you choose a 'detachment' (which will probably be called Battalions!) to theme your list and build from there.

As much as I love alternating activations, I suspect part of the issue with it is how the general public would see it. If you are making a game which anybody could pick up, having a traditional turn system is an easier sell than alternating units. Plus there can be a lot of book keeping with such systems. Not saying it's right or wrong but that's probably the feedback GW have had.

Fair point Gaz to be honest. Being able to just "do your stuff" then let them do "their stuff" is a much easier system.

Reactions being brought into heresy was a game changer IMO and it'll be interesting to see what they've done with it for AoS 4.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 01rtb01 said:

FFS, thanks for the spoiler... 

Just because "you know", doesn't mean the rest of us do. Use the spoiler tags in future for the schmucks like me that weren't aware. This is as irritating as when some numpty on twitter spoiled broken realms Teclis.

Sorry but this has wound me up. It's just inconsiderate, it really is. In a world that's pretty faecal, toy soldiers and advancing narrative brings some joy. Spoilers like this really aren't fun. 

When is the barrier between a past act and a spoiler considered? Just asking. This happens in Dawnbringers 4, which was released 2 months ago.

I am trying to use spoiler tags as much as possible when I talk about stuff related to the current book (book 5), but probably I would skip them in a month or so once Book 6 is around. It is true that is not like talking about stuff from the second edition, but for me 2 months is enough to talk about it freely.

• Like 16