The Rumour Thread

10 minutes ago, TrawlingCleaner said:

Dragons aren't my jam but I absolutely love the battle-cats the Sacrosanct have and the big Gryph chargers too. They're really cool!

A very grim Anvils of the Heldenhammer army is calling my name 😅

The only thing I spotted was:

dJbcvmW2uEFcYR3N.jpg

Is this new? It looks like an Ogroid with wings in the centre?

It is not new. Googling by the picture itself shows it is from the key defeat over Khul in Aqshy during the Realmgate Wars: Batalla de la Puerta de la Ira | Sigmaroteca | Fandom

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Draznak said:

I confirm that this is an old artwork from 1st edition.

Otherwise an empty article today if you're already used to the Mortal Realms. I hope we'll get some real infos, whether it's about lore, rules or minis, because otherwise it's going to be a long time until May.

Leviathan has more than one lore article. One of them was specific about the Tyranic Wars. So it was also old for those knowing about it, but a good starting point for those that weren't.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

Incarnates don't even get a mention in the recap of 3rd edition. The disrespect!

Hopefully they either get a major rework or are just maybe left to the side for the next edition. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

That's literally where Embergard is as well. Also, on a side note someone on WhatsApp brightened the CGI trailer bit where the Steelhelms appear and there was a banner where the Embergard icon could be seen.

image.png.1b6af8e48867e7861fc4d98a091fdb95.png image.png.cc0a3ae82c3aa3fbf6ce0ac37f43e736.png

That's just one of the generic city icons from the transfers (bottom middle)

Spoiler

Cities of Sigmar Round Table: Part Three – Creating the Heraldry and  Iconography - Warhammer Community

But MAYBE it's going to be established as Embergard if the city survives in the next BT (and maybe the one to the right of it will be Verdigris)? Sorta like how we now know the cult icons under the Cult of the Wheel are for the Brethren of the Bolt.

Or it's really just a generic "not named major city, use anywhere were a city gets destroyed" emblem.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

Incarnates don't even get a mention in the recap of 3rd edition. The disrespect!

The disrespect is for Chamon!

AoS RealmsLore Mar26 Realms6

Sharing an image with Ghyran and... it seems there's nothing more on Chamon than Vindicarum and the Spiral Crux! Sometimes I feel I picked the worst realm for my army 😭

Edited by Ejecutor
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Asbestress said:

Hide contents

Cities of Sigmar Round Table: Part Three – Creating the Heraldry and  Iconography - Warhammer Community

But MAYBE it's going to be established as Embergard if the city survives in the next BT (and maybe the one to the right of it will be Verdigris)? Sorta like how we now know the cult icons under the Cult of the Wheel are for the Brethren of the Bolt.

Or it's really just a generic "not named major city, use anywhere were a city gets destroyed" emblem.

the "embergard" icon definitely feels too simple to be a city icon imo, the one to the right however I could see

4 minutes ago, Asbestress said:

Hide contents

I don't want to spoil you, and maybe I should have considered it before posting it earlier. Sorry.

Spoiler

But that's the icon that Embergard uses. It appears in Dawnbringers 5 in a drawing next to the city name.

Edited by Ejecutor
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Asbestress said:

Hide contents

It could be, there’s a big twin tailed comet to go with Zenestra and her cult in Embergard, and 3 little red dots around that could represent embers.

For the city next to it being Verdigris ? I don’t know but I feel like an image of the sea and a sea monster don’t mix well with a city established in a Ghyran forest.

2 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

The disrespect is for Chamon!

AoS RealmsLore Mar26 Realms6

Sharing an image with Ghyran and... it seems there's nothing more on Chamon than Vindicarum and the Spiral Crux! Sometimes I feel I picked the worst realm for my army 😭

the point of the realms I feel like has always been to leave a lot of them mysterious so you can make your own stories for them, they just give us these key slices like the great parch and spiral crux

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DinoJon said:

Hopefully they either get a major rework or are just maybe left to the side for the next edition. 

Get them out of the game, TBH. We only have one and that's not enough to justify a whole subsystem.

Maybe just turn it into an endless spell that can fight and rampage like a monster. Or just delete it, honestly.

• Like 7
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

I don't want to spoil you, and maybe I should have considered it before posting it earlier. Sorry.

Hide contents

But that's the icon that Embergard uses. It appears in Dawnbringers 5 in a drawing next to the city name.

Well then, that settles it :D

1 minute ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

It could be, there’s a big twin tailed comet to go with Zenestra and her cult in Embergard, and 3 little red dots around that could represent embers.

For the city next to it being Verdigris ? I don’t know but I feel like an image of the sea and a sea monster don’t mix well with a city established in a Ghyran forest.

Yeah, I haven't gotten around to catching up with a lot of the Dawnbringers stuff, and Verdigris sorta sounded like it could be near water.

5 minutes ago, Asbestress said:

Well then, that settles it :D

Yeah, I haven't gotten around to catching up with a lot of the Dawnbringers stuff, and Verdigris sorta sounded like it could be near water.

It isn't that far from the water

Spoiler

But I just asked in the Wiki group and no, Verdigris doesn't have a pic showing its icon like Embergard, which is... weird. It could be a leak about which city survives.

Edited by Ejecutor

7 minutes ago, Luperci said:

the point of the realms I feel like has always been to leave a lot of them mysterious so you can make your own stories for them, they just give us these key slices like the great parch and spiral crux

Just give me more visual references TT

1 hour ago, Luperci said:

Whilst not as big as a new 40k edition, they'll get a bunch of new players interested in the new edition so having stuff like this easy to find on the new edition articles (it'll be linked in the bottom of the rest of the articles coming over the next few months) will help get them aware and interested in the setting.

• Like 4

As someone who has often been hesitant about Age of Sigmar's rather abstract worldbuilding, I appreciate today's primer. A strong sense of scale and place is what I miss the most from the setting.

One question for the loreheads: the article describes Azyr as "hanging between the realms". Why is that? What makes Azyr special? Is it the because it holds the core of the World-That-Was? Is Azyr the functional sun of the other realms? Or is the whole thing meant more as a metaphor (the home of Order keeping an eye on the rest of the universe).

Azyr is the place where the stars are. If you look the sun at Aqshy, you will probably see Hysh (and some others suns like Ignax the Sun Drake). If you look the sky and the stars, you see Azyr. The "space" between two stars is the void. So imagine that Azyr is at the top on the Cosmos Arcane, while Shyish is at it bottom. While Hysh and Ulgu do a race between each. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Magnusaur said:

As someone who has often been hesitant about Age of Sigmar's rather abstract worldbuilding, I appreciate today's primer. A strong sense of scale and place is what I miss the most from the setting.

One question for the loreheads: the article describes Azyr as "hanging between the realms". Why is that? What makes Azyr special? Is it the because it holds the core of the World-That-Was? Is Azyr the functional sun of the other realms? Or is the whole thing meant more as a metaphor (the home of Order keeping an eye on the rest of the universe).

Azyr isn't really delved into much, so I dunno.

I remember this one novel that had a room that was a three dimensional map of the Mortal Realms; along the walls were Ghyran, Aqshy, Hysh, Ulgu, Chamon and Ghur, while on the roof was Azyr and on the floor Shyish. The idea being that Azyr hangs above all the other Realmspheres and Shyish hangs below. So they're kind of arranged like this, with each corner being a Mortal Realm:

Hexagonale_bipiramide.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

So here's a general question, probably more for it's own thread, but with each GW store being assigned a new named city to found/destroy as part of the upcoming campaign leading up to 4th ed, is there any interest in cataloguing those? Or would people be too concerned about giving out details of where they live?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Magnusaur said:

It’s probably more metaphoric than anything else, but i guess it could be referring to how it’s usually visible in the night skies of the realms. Hysh is the realm that serves as the sun (with ulgu’s “orbit” eclipsing it to cause night in a realm) but azyr’s kind of more stationary in that sense, given it’s fixture in the night sky as kind of a North Star type thing, though the realms have a lot of “stars” that float beyond and between them. Some of those are balls of azyr realmstone, some are giant old ones artifacts that (those two are why divination of the stars work, being divination realmstone and giant unknowable constructs respectively) while others are just animals that live in the aetheric void and look like floating balls of fire, which the Seraphon sometimes befriend and have travel alongside their ships.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, EonChao said:

So here's a general question, probably more for it's own thread, but with each GW store being assigned a new named city to found/destroy as part of the upcoming campaign leading up to 4th ed, is there any interest in cataloguing those? Or would people be too concerned about giving out details of where they live?

it'd be an interesting project, a lot of stores have facebook pages and checking my local store they have the name of the city on there. You could probably get a lot that way, I reckon you'd feel a bit gutted if they just release a list of them all with the result at the end though

Edited by Luperci

1 hour ago, Gaz Taylor said:

something they should have done years ago

Some of us of course weren't there in 2015-2018 but come on ! GW has done it many times, and the first iteration was the best IMO, during Malign Portents (on its website with the excellent short stories), 6 years ago before AOS2 ! 

Azyr is just spatialy above and the "axis" of the other realms rotation. Shyish isn't under the rest of the realms.

Alas this video now is unreferenced, as it was then replaced in AOS2 with this one, less clear but still : 

All of it was also posted on Warhammer Community. BTW we are one click away from a Wiki answering how the Realms work. And the various iterations of the AOS website also have a map of the Realms and a timeline :

https://ageofsigmar.com/explore-the-realms/

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2