The Rumour Thread

6 minutes ago, Acrozatarim said:

Pretty nifty reveals. Shame we didn't see any actual miniatures from the new starter box, and they're still being pretty cagey about a lot of the potential rules changes at hand.

The Underworlds fanatics are utterly gonzo. I hope we don't see new flagellants for CoS being quite so silly, design-wise, but it really works for Underworlds.

Ossiarch Warcry band is promising. Hopefully we'll see the main Ossiarch range explore a bit more of the Geiger-esque bone constructs thing in the future.

In the end, this new warband doesn't contain flagellants in the way we know them. They are lightning catchers who enjoy being hit. That's the only parallelism with flagellants. I think their aesthetic would be on the same line, without the lightning rod and using flails.

11 minutes ago, Garrac said:

Gotta say tho that I prefered the artistic direction in the Leviathan trailer. The shiny boys there really ate more ****** compared to the shiny boys here

Completely agree. I was hoping to see 3 minutes of Stormcast stomping ratskulls, weapons teams turning the tide of the battle, the Clawlord taking out a Liberator or two, and maybe a faceoff between a rat ogre and an Annihilator. I just wanna see my minis in glorious extended 3D combat... 🥺

• Like 1

My take on the preview (still need to view the whole presentations and listen carefuly what they said):

• AoS 4.0: Need to see SCE miniatures to see how diferent they are from old ones, but in the trailer, they are just SCE with a fancy armour. Skavens seems awesome. I'm more interested in the rules, but it's really good to read that subfactions are still here. I will wait to read the lore before making my opinion, but trying to invade the Great Patch by throwing Skavenblight seems the best skaven tactic.
  • Dawnbringers VI Chaos-edition: Really good for chaotic and viking fans. Abraxia looks awesome.
  • Dwarven Mountain Holds: Ok. Exactly what I expected.
  • Warhammer Underworlds: Wintermaw: Ok, not the best, not the worst. They have awesome design elements that can be used for new units
  • Warcry: Briar and Bone: Awesome miniatures. Centaur-ossiarcs, bee-tamers,... crazy things going. I think Warcry won the miniature-war preview.
  • Chaos Space Marines: Ok. They are marines, with spikes.
  • Kill Team: Termination: I don't know... I have a League of Votann army, and I'm not sure that I want to buy that kill team.
  • Horus Heresy: ??
  • Necromunda: ??

A lot to unpack, but a bit sad the there wasn't any 4.0 miniature. I can't wait to read about the new rules.

Edited by Beliman
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

REs site updated. Just 24 pending.

1.jpeg

Fairly sure bottom left is the gross underside of the Gnarlwood Stump thing from the Warcry reveal (but we don't have visual proof yet).

5 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

WH

Gryphoraven!? 😁

Edited by GloomkingWortwazi
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, BarakUrbaz said:

I think its supposed to be a crow (as opposed to regular Gryphs being eagles), because death symbolism. 

*Note to self*

Add raven deathcast knights to Lethis army. This is going to be a fun army.

Happy to see them embrace chocobo fandom.

Edited by Gitzdee
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Garrac said:

Gotta say tho that I prefered the artistic direction in the Leviathan trailer. The shiny boys there really ate more ****** compared to the shiny boys here

Clearly Stormcast are just better at their jobs fighting endless verminous hordes than Space Marines are at fighting endless chitinous hordes.

Lightning > Guns 

Hi guys, I really like the warcry content and since i collect warcry boxes, I was wondering - I keep reading on various websites that this new box (Briar and Bone) is the last release of the current "season" - where was this stated by GW? I´m still hoping for o fourth dual box (I really like the warband tomes, and I believe kruleboyz and fyreslayers warbands donť have theirs...). Thanks!

6 minutes ago, GloomkingWortwazi said:

Fairly sure bottom left is the gross underside of the Gnarlwood Stump thing from the Warcry reveal (but we don't have visual proof yet).

Gryphoraven!? 😁

Uh. Interesting. It could be the scenery. Yes. I note it to check once it is released.

Just now, Ejecutor said:

Uh. Interesting. It could be the scenery. Yes. I note it to check once it is released.

Yeah kind of a weird one but seems about the right scale and has 5 protrusions, just like the leg trunks. Hopefully we get some better shots of it soon to confirm or deny.

2 minutes ago, TubbyWargamerCZ said:

Hi guys, I really like the warcry content and since i collect warcry boxes, I was wondering - I keep reading on various websites that this new box (Briar and Bone) is the last release of the current "season" - where was this stated by GW? I´m still hoping for o fourth dual box (I really like the warband tomes, and I believe kruleboyz and fyreslayers warbands donť have theirs...). Thanks!

I didn't read anything about being the last box, but someone said here that Warcry still has at least a year (cannot remember if it was 2) before the next ed.