The Rumour Thread

Why would the Kurnothi, whose main character is in Sylvaneth, main representatives (The Kurnoth Hunters and Skaeth’s Wild Hunt) are in Sylvaneth, and are part of the overarching narrative of the faction head of the Sylvaneth, be in Cities of Sigmar? They’re absolutely Sylvaneth. 

3 minutes ago, ScionOfOssia said:

Why would the Kurnothi, whose main character is in Sylvaneth, main representatives (The Kurnoth Hunters and Skaeth’s Wild Hunt) are in Sylvaneth, and are part of the overarching narrative of the faction head of the Sylvaneth, be in Cities of Sigmar? They’re absolutely Sylvaneth. 

But Kin of the Stag is not confirmed to be in one faction or the other. With the info we have so far it seems to be closer to CoS than Silvaneth, as they are Green Blood (I think it was called that way) humans that want to embody closer that Ghyranite side of them. This behaviour is true that is influenced by the recent Belthanos appearance, but would that turn them into Sylvaneth?

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Why do current troops double for Aqshy and Shyish? Arent they from every realm?

Technically yes but aesthetics-wise they’re heavily implied to be Aqshy troops(thus why they’re shown off with Hammerhal Aqshy’s colors & leaders, plus little things like the value in the leaves on their equipment since greenery in Aqshy is rare) with some Warcom articles even calling them an Aqshy force.

With some obvious focuses on death like the skulls, ghost piper, talking mummy head and skull face-plates on both cavaliers & fusiliers.

(Honestly the Pontifex kinda sums it up in one model with Fire & death xD )

Back in 2017 at warhammer World interviews they mentioned a focus they wanted for new humans was basing them on each Realm so I suspect releases down the line changing up that aesthetics a bit to represent other Realms and ideas.

Similar to Soulblight who right now have everything from medieval gothic, vampire samurai monks, Eurasian werewolves & skeleton warriors and now an high fantasy Egyptian leader on Ouroborus snake god. 

Cities of Sigmar is set-up to just as robust a mixing pot of Realms & culture flavors. 

Edited by Baron Klatz
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Baron Klatz said:

Technically yes but aesthetics-wise they’re heavily implied to be Aqshy troops(thus why they’re shown off with Hammerhal Aqshy’s colors & leaders, plus little things like the value in the leaves on their equipment since greenery in Aqshy is rare) with some Warcom articles even calling them an Aqshy force.

Not just heavily implied--Talia Vedra's reforms on the "walking" fusiliers and cannons were specifically called out in Warcom articles. The shields/pavise design is for Dawnbringer Crusades. Steelhelms IIRC are also said to be equipped by Hammerhal for Crusades aka "equipment that may not come back." This first wave was designed with the Twin-Tailed Crusade explicitly in mind.

Which is why I hope to Sigmar this bit below wasn't staff wishlisting & will come true. (with duardin and aelves too, if I can do some wishlisting myself!)

28 minutes ago, Baron Klatz said:

at warhammer World interviews they mentioned a focus they wanted for new humans was basing them on each Realm

• Like 4

Indeed. Also for more evidence the Aqshy heraldry is a manticore & Gargoylian which heavily echoes Tahlia & the Command Corps-

IMG_2536.png?ex=65f0cd1f&is=65de581f&hm=

and one of the pet mascots on the Fusiliers is an Dappled Efreet. A common vermin in Aqshy, walking fish evolved to escape the acidic seas.

On Realms, I can see them going 2 by 2 just so we don’t wait 7 editions for the full set.

Already noted Aqshy & Shyish which fits because Aqshy has a lot of ethereal threats, Death realmgates and even got hit by the first major undead menace of the Wraith Fleet.

so Ghur & Ghyran naturally, Azyr & Chamon for higher tier eccentric tech covered in orreries like the Hurricnum wizard wagon and then Ulgu & Hysh troops sharing moons, mysticism and surprisingly even blindfold warriors as there’s human Tyrion worshippers that are blind warrior monks while Ulgu’s Misthavn has sharpshooters that can fire accurately in pitch darkness but need eye-coverings anywhere with sunlight that will harm their eyes.

• Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 3

It is true that some characters are directly based on Hammerhall, like Vedra, but she is the city Marshall in the end, but apart from that I don't see the release too focused in a realm.

The articles also mentioned that Vedra's reform wouldn't work in all the realms due to their world-building differences, but the high Azyritan militaries liked it so much that they implemented it across the realms. So that would make all the releases fit every single realm.

IMO we won't see much realm-specific stuff. We had something similar for SCE on first ed, and since then we haven't got any more of those kits, so it makes me think it is unlikely something like that, even if it would be simply awesome.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Baron Klatz said:

Indeed. Also for more evidence the Aqshy heraldry is a manticore & Gargoylian which heavily echoes Tahlia & the Command Corps-

IMG_2536.png?ex=65f0cd1f&is=65de581f&hm=

and one of the pet mascots on the Fusiliers is an Dappled Efreet. A common vermin in Aqshy, walking fish evolved to escape the acidic seas.

On Realms, I can see them going 2 by 2 just so we don’t wait 7 editions for the full set.

Already noted Aqshy & Shyish which fits because Aqshy has a lot of ethereal threats, Death realmgates and even got hit by the first major undead menace of the Wraith Fleet.

so Ghur & Ghyran naturally, Azyr & Chamon for higher tier eccentric tech covered in orreries like the Hurricnum wizard wagon and then Ulgu & Hysh troops sharing moons, mysticism and surprisingly even blindfold warriors as there’s human Tyrion worshippers that are blind warrior monks while Ulgu’s Misthavn has sharpshooters that can fire accurately in pitch darkness but need eye-coverings anywhere with sunlight that will harm their eyes.

The Manticore is a direct reference to Tahlia as supreme Marshall, but apart from that, to me it is speculation. It could be some sort of salamander similar to Magmadroths that grow surrounding Hammerhall. Plus Gargolians are not Hammerhall exclusive.

Also, I wouldn't say the fish is a Dappled Efreet., they are just Gargolians. They could have a similar shape, but they are their own kind.

Following the same logic, the release is focused on the twin-tailed crusade, ok, but there's no reference at all to the Ghyranite side. Aesthetic wise there should be a lot of differences. Cavaliers with different mounts, steelhelms are mentioned to have living material as part of their armour... I don't know. It is not enough for me to say the release is focused on Ghyran. So it would be just the Aqshyan side of the twin-tailed crusade.

I hope I am wrong, as your ideas are super cool and it is a nice 2 by 2 realm pairing.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Also, I wouldn't say the fish is a Dappled Efreet., they are just Gargolians. They could have a similar shape, but they are their own kind.

Possible but I think that’s just a handy umbrella term for having them run around say a Hysh regiment out of Settlers Gain since Efreet wouldn’t be there but you might want them for a regiment working with the River Temples. 🐟 

Same as-

25 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

The articles also mentioned that Vedra's reform wouldn't work in all the realms due to their world-building differences, but the high Azyritan militaries liked it so much that they implemented it across the realms. So that would make all the releases fit every single realm.

Is an umbrella excuse so you can run cavalry and shieldwalls in Ghyran whose thick jungles are notorious for stopping that kind of warfare.

Which would make a fitting need to release new Druids, monster cavalry and wildkin that can fight alongside the Wildercorps through the dense foliages around the Ghyran settlements and so on for the mercurial moving battlefields of Chamon needing new troops and so on.

Whatever the case at least we know it’ll keep being cool stuff as always for the Mortal Realms releases. 👍 

Edited by Baron Klatz
  • Like 3

I was listening to the loremaster episode about Beasts of Chaos and they mentioned the Turnskin Plague. Here it is mentioned: The Beasts of Chaos Are in Their Element in this Savage New Era - Warhammer Community (warhammer-community.com)

It wouldn't surprise me if this plague it is used as a catalyzation for the renewal of the faction. Due to this plague the beasts have changed so much that a new name faction emerged from them.

• Like 5
  • LOVE IT! 1

2 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

there's no reference at all to the Ghyranite side.

it could unfortunately mean Ghyran fails or it could be that only the Aqshy side could come out in the first wave but you are right that Ghyran is not present enough in this wave :( it is really only present in-universe in the form of Aqua Ghyranis and its food production making this whole ordeal possible + ironwood(?) being used for the pavises and other military equipment.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CommissarRotke said:

it could unfortunately mean Ghyran fails or it could be that only the Aqshy side could come out in the first wave but you are right that Ghyran is not present enough in this wave :( it is really only present in-universe in the form of Aqua Ghyranis and its food production making this whole ordeal possible + ironwood(?) being used for the pavises and other military equipment.

It has felt a lot like Ghyran will fail out of the two but been wondering if the whole Vandus story will eventually have a knock-on effect to the Aqshy half. With the previous mention that Vandus may be no more and possible rise of Khorgus Khul to daemon princehood that he wanted to do via the head of Vandus I wonder how a rallied Khorne army with a daemon prince would do against the crusade.

I know there was a split so Neave went with the Crusade and Vandus the other direction but I am curious how much of an impact it may have.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Vaellas said:

It has felt a lot like Ghyran will fail out of the two but been wondering if the whole Vandus story will eventually have a knock-on effect to the Aqshy half. With the previous mention that Vandus may be no more and possible rise of Khorgus Khul to daemon princehood that he wanted to do via the head of Vandus I wonder how a rallied Khorne army with a daemon prince would do against the crusade.

I know there was a split so Neave went with the Crusade and Vandus the other direction but I am curious how much of an impact it may have.

I don't think Vandus would be close enough to the crusade. It feels more likely that this event could have a direct impact on Hammerhall itself and Vedra, if we talk about a character from CoS specifically.

Um, I wonder what will we get on this weekend's sunday preview. Because the way I see it we'll get either the kroot hunting pack, or dawnbringers 5. I'd say it very likely that Dawnbringers 5 comes this week, and then kroots for the next one?

22 minutes ago, Garrac said:

Um, I wonder what will we get on this weekend's sunday preview. Because the way I see it we'll get either the kroot hunting pack, or dawnbringers 5. I'd say it very likely that Dawnbringers 5 comes this week, and then kroots for the next one?

If I had to bet I would go for Dawnbringers 5 95%. That would include the Krethusa box and Callis & Toll. Quite a decent release that wouldn't leave much room for something like the Hunting Pack. Maybe something smaller like some Black Library release or HH heroes.

11 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

I was listening to the loremaster episode about Beasts of Chaos and they mentioned the Turnskin Plague. Here it is mentioned: The Beasts of Chaos Are in Their Element in this Savage New Era - Warhammer Community (warhammer-community.com)

It wouldn't surprise me if this plague it is used as a catalyzation for the renewal of the faction. Due to this plague the beasts have changed so much that a new name faction emerged from them.

Could absolutely see this happening.

20 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Could absolutely see this happening.

Yeah. Something like humans that got converted spread the plague to the rest of the beasts and that makes them give one step more in the evolution chain or the plagues humans transformed into beasts become its own improved version that gets over the old beasts.

Might not be the best lore-wise, but it is a feasible explanation of why a full faction would get substituted by something else. And the seed has been there since some time ago.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

But hasn't Whitefang said that beasties disappear from AoS? Who knows if in the next Dawnbringers book they are exterminated by the Sylvaneth and Kurnothi.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Peacaf said:

But hasn't Whitefang said that beasties disappear from AoS? Who knows if in the next Dawnbringers book they are exterminated by the Sylvaneth and Kurnothi.

I don't think a full disappearance has been confirmed. Honestly, a full eradication by some sort of martial action seems impossible to me. They are supposed to be too numerous for that.

About the removal or not, I think we only had data from whitefang the second, not the real one:

This has a 'thanks' from the proper whitefang, but it doesn't mention if thy are going to be replaced by something else or not, which is what my theory suggest.

Btw, forgot to mention that yeap, there have been no previews for Warhammer World on social media, like last year. Which makes me suspect one (or both) of two:

1) There won't be a lot of stuff showed

2) It's going to be showed just on Warcom articles, probably at the morning of the 2th of March

i'd say it's safe to bet for both

4 minutes ago, Garrac said:

Btw, forgot to mention that yeap, there have been no previews for Warhammer World on social media, like last year. Which makes me suspect one (or both) of two:

1) There won't be a lot of stuff showed

2) It's going to be showed just on Warcom articles, probably at the morning of the 2th of March

i'd say it's safe to bet for both

Yeah, last year they had just an article with limited reveals: Warhammer World Open Day – New Reveals for Warhammer 40,000 and Warhammer Age of Sigmar - Warhammer Community (warhammer-community.com)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Honestly that poll will be meaningless; everyone will vote for the End and the Death, not because its the best but simply because damn near everyone would have read it simply out of obligation. A lot of people would have simply read no Warhammer books in 2023 other than EatD trilogy. 

Edited by BarakUrbaz
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2