The Rumour Thread

Some people really don't seem to grasp the fact that ToW /AoS are NOT going to have official cross over models. They will have completely different factions with completely different model lines. Older models currently in AoS will be dumped from that system and picked up by ToW. 

9 minutes ago, madmac said:

At the rate TOW is going, they aren't going to get around to releasing BoC for probably years anyway. And the AoS BoC models are mostly fairly recent by WHFB standards. If they're willing to dust off those ancient TK skellies and the old metal treeman for wood elves there's really nothing stopping them from pulling out some really old beastmen models if necessary. If AoS BoC gets even a modest update with some updated -gors and heroes then all the easier for them.

Lol. The truth is we don't know. By all accounts what wil be on pre-order this saturday is massive. It are almost two complete armies released on the same day. For logistics is doesn't matter if it old or new mini's that are getting released / re-released.

Beastmen, is one of the core factions. From 20/01/2024 they are released and are in the Ravening Hordes book, exactly in the same way as Tomb Kings. Arcane journal is an extra supplement that gives you more options in different armylists, but all core factions will get their units, magic items and spells.

"Forces of Fantasy meanwhile contains army lists for those on the side of good: the Dwarfen Mountain Holds, the Empire of Man, the Kingdom of Bretonnia, the Wood Elf Realms, and the High Elf Realms. Each has profiles for every unit in the army, plus special rules for that faction, unique spells, magic items, and more, alongside showcases of beautifully painted Citadel miniatures.

Ravening Hordes does the same job for the monstrous forces of evil, covering the Orc and Goblin Tribes, the Warriors of Chaos, the Beastmen Brayherds, and the Tomb Kings of Khemri."

Edited by Tonhel

5 minutes ago, Tonhel said:

Beastmen, is one of the core factions. From 20/01/2024 they are released and are in the Ravening Hordes book, exactly in the same way as Tomb Kings. Arcane journal is an extra supplement that gives you more options in different armylists, but all core factions will get their units, magic items and spells.

Yep, and everyone can buy their models right now, no re-release necessary. I'm being completely serious. Brettonia and TK were lines that were long out of production and had to be brought back online. BoC have literally never gone out of production, why yank them out of production for AoS so you can...release the exact same models that were available for sale the day before on the same store for TOW?

If anything it's a chance to re-release the old beastmen characters or make some new resin characters for them.

8 minutes ago, Hollow said:

Older models currently in AoS will be dumped from that system and picked up by ToW. 

Right right, that's why they dusted out the old metal treeman. It's a headfake for them yanking the Treelord kit away from Sylvaneth.

Edited by madmac
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Hollow said:

Some people really don't seem to grasp the fact that ToW /AoS are NOT going to have official cross over models. They will have completely different factions with completely different model lines. Older models currently in AoS will be dumped from that system and picked up by ToW. 

It means actually the current cross models will have a box for TOW and a box for AoS ? 

1 hour ago, mawhis117 said:

That's what I think will happen too - Morghur returns and mutates the beastmen into strange, new and more easily-copyrighted forms. 

This is a great shout. A chaos spawn faction full of weird gribblies be amazing, and also scratches the aos tyranid itch. 

As someone who plays primarily gavespawn with all its weirdness, I hope this is where they take them.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Grunbag said:

I feel like gitmob and grotbag will replace spiderfang . Spiderfang received nothing yet and gitmob just got few models already but not enough to make a subfaction . I wish the story moves to chamon so we could have a chance to see grotbag coming . 

I guess that could be done. But Spiderfang are a pretty big part of Gloomspite at this point. They even got the Spider-god beast connected to them and the trading of spider venom.

Also dont see any real reason for Gitmob to stay within Gloomspite as they are followers of the sun.

Edit: Spiderfang joining Gitmob in a Frazzlegitz tome would make more sense to me.

Edited by Gitzdee
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, BarakUrbaz said:

I'm just glad I'm a Kharadron player because I'm immune to people constantly arguing about if my dudes are being squatted or not. 

Kharadrons would be squatted. I cannot say the source. 😅

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Gitzdee said:

I guess that could be done. But Spiderfang are a pretty big part of Gloomspite at this point. They even got the Spider-god beast connected to them and the trading of spider venom.

Also dont see any real reason for Gitmob to stay within Gloomspite as they are followers of the sun.

That is strange but it could be like gorkamorka dual god faction . And gobbapalooza already regroup them all . 

Just now, Grunbag said:

I can’t see how . So many old models left in AoS yet 

Pretty likely those old models have an even older version. That's what is going to be released for TOW, unless we get those models revamped in AoS before.

Just now, madmac said:

Yep, and everyone can buy their models right now, no re-release necessary.

Right right, that's why they dusted out the old metal treeman. It's a headfake for them yanking the Treelord kit away from Sylvaneth.

Yes, but each one of those core factions will get Arcane Journals, which seem to be accompanied by those big boxes full of mini's . This is the point @Ejecutor makes as those boxes gives a huge discount.

This saturday we have a pre-order of a new gaming system will all available armies. Over the next months these will get Arcane Journals and a couple of resin mini's and the release of the old Warhammer mini's. What do you think Beastmen will get? Anyway, in the Ravening Hordes supplement there will be pics of Beastmen Brayherds, so we will know what mini's will be featured. If I would have to take a guess I would guess, exactlt the same mini's as BoC, but on squares.

Thinking about it - Beasts of Chaos may not have recieved much love in terms of Models, but they do show up in the lore. 

GW used Ghorraghan Khai as the primary antagonist trying to stop the Rite of Life, where a Nurgle (or maybe Death) character would have made more sense. They then resurrected him for Seasons of War Thondia were they didn't really need to. 

I'm wondering whether, if they were planning to squat the faction, they would have used other characters in those instances

• Like 1

Just now, Ejecutor said:

Pretty likely those old models have an even older version. That's what is going to be released for TOW, unless we get those models revamped in AoS before.

That sucks even more . AoS old models looks terrible but can’t imagine them bringing back the very older models to TOW 

Just now, mawhis117 said:

Thinking about it - Beasts of Chaos may not have recieved much love in terms of Models, but they do show up in the lore. 

GW used Ghorraghan Khai as the primary antagonist trying to stop the Rite of Life, where a Nurgle (or maybe Death) character would have made more sense. They then resurrected him for Seasons of War Thondia were they didn't really need to. 

I'm wondering whether, if they were planning to squat the faction, they would have used other characters in those instances

The can perfectly squat BoC as a playable faction for a short while, but keep them heavly in the lore and when ready release a whole new BoC faction with a redesigned aesthetic. Meanwhile they keep getting money from the canned BoC kits through TOW. It does not seem so unlikely for GW to do.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Grunbag said:

That sucks even more . AoS old models looks terrible but can’t imagine them bringing back the very older models to TOW 

No, there will be no metal Ungors from the ninties re-released. :-D, They are core troops, it seems very unlikely that GW will do that. It would make the army insanly expensive. They will use the plastics which were released more than a decade for Warhammer ago and are still used in AoS.

Just now, Tonhel said:

No, there will be no metal Ungors from the ninties re-released. :-D, They are core troops, it seems very unlikely that GW will do that. It would make the army insanly expensive. They will use the plastics which were released more than a decade for Warhammer ago and are still used in AoS.

So 2 box for the same models ? One box for AOS and one box for TOW ?

Just now, Grunbag said:

Or if we believe the rumour from a couple pages back that BoC will be scrapped from AoS. Than there are no seperate boxes as AoS doesn't have them anymore.

Just now, Tonhel said:

Or if we believe the rumour from a couple pages back that BoC will be scrapped from AoS. Than there are no seperate boxes as AoS doesn't have them anymore.

I believe this rumor just as strongly as I believe Ogres and Giants were getting souped into one book.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Grunbag said:

I imagine, like cities of sigmar dwarves, they'll exist in both ranges for a while. At least until we get 4th edition and there are indexes for every faction and a partial range cull.

1 minute ago, Grunbag said:

It doesn't make sense at all, IMO. For example, we have the Bestigors here: Bestigors (warhammer.com)

10 for 42,50. If they release them for TOW, the current pricing would be 20 for 62,50. So basically you get minis for half the price. Which would be nuts.

• Thanks 2

Just now, madmac said:

I believe this rumor just as strongly as I believe Ogres and Giants were getting souped into one book.

To me it seems an unnecessary thing to do as it would just make AoS players unhappy, but it is not that GW haven't removed older Warhammer kits before.

But if next week pictures show up from the armies in the Ravening Hordes book with older plastic Chaos warriors and knights, but with the current plastic Gors and Ungors. Than the rumour doesn't seem so unlikely.