The Rumour Thread

My guess, and it is purely a guess, is that dawnbringers 2-5 will all feature models solely from a single grand alliance, that's been the case for the past two at least, and it sounds like the next one will be all Death stuff.  Possibly I'm reading into a pattern that's not really there, but I'd expect book 5 to come with models for chaos factions only.  They could go back to a multi-GA 6th book to wrap things up, that seems possible, or the rumoured DoK stuff could be unrelated to dawnbringers and will come with their 4th Ed battletome later down the line.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Id love a Book VI but my hearts telling me 5 is the Golden number. Id love to be proved wrong though.

I'd love book 6 with Fyreslayer update, but I think we would've seen at least something in rumour engines by now. The Vulkyn Flameseekers had 0 rumour engines about them though, so there is a very small chance.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Snarff said:

I'd love book 6 with Fyreslayer update, but I think we would've seen at least something in rumour engines by now. The Vulkyn Flameseekers had 0 rumour engines about them though, so there is a very small chance.

I think Fyreslayers are going to get the Ironjawz treatment next Edition mate. I can feel it.

Skaven range refresh and Ogor refreshes. Small updates to Beasts of Chaos.

Chaos Duardin release.

End of Edition Narrative Campaign about Fyreslayers and Kharadron being disgusted with the Chaos Duardin incursion, join forces (Narratively NO SOUP) and march out to crush them.

New Bael Grimnir model and 2 new units, a new monster and a Warmachine for Fyreslayers. New ship and character for Kharadron.

• Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 1

28 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

What about the new end of ed faction being the Kragnos buddies?

I want to know how will they resolve the issue between Kruleboyz worshipping Kragnos as the Earthquake god (at least, many of them... besides the fact that the faction waited until Kragnos freed himself to show itself) and

Spoiler

the Mouth of Mork wanting to "get rid of Kragnos" and concealing that he knows where the other Drogrukh are.

In addition, it feels that the role of monster hunters and poachers has gone from BS to KB... I hope that, if this continues, the spiritual aspect of KB is further explored (we already have monsters and warmachines).

Edited by Someravella
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Someravella said:

I want to know how will they resolve the issue between Kruleboyz worshipping Kragnos as the Earthquake god (at least, many of them... besides the fact that the faction waited until Kragnos freed himself to show itself)

This is easily fixed imho. Orruks follow the path that leads to the most battles, Kragnos has been lots of fun. Gorkamorka is the one true god for the greenskinz. Also Gordrakk probably wants revenge at some point. Lots of posibilities here.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Someravella said:

I want to know how will they resolve the issue between Kruleboyz worshipping Kragnos as the Earthquake god (at least, many of them... besides the fact that the faction waited until Kragnos freed himself to show itself) and

Reveal hidden contents

the Mouth of Mork wanting to "get rid of Kragnos" and concealing that he knows where the other Drogrukh are.

In addition, it feels that the role of monster hunters and poachers has gone from BS to KB... I hope that, if this continues, the spiritual aspect of KB is further explored (we already have monsters and warmachines).

Honestly it is the perfect setup for a definitive split between the green skins and Kragnos. Which would align with the launch of a new Destro faction for Kragnos and his Drogrukh. This would be also a super fit for the Era of the Beast, having a new destro faction as its conclusion.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

I think Chaos is almost confirmed. Daugther is the one that is less sure. Also, I don't discard Dawnbringers VI being V the chaos focused one and VI the closing one.

The book IV is death and only FeC faction, and then will 2 books V and VI for Chaos, then wow alot of books for AOS v3 and this will be greatest version ever 😆

2 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

I think Chaos is almost confirmed. Daugther is the one that is less sure. Also, I don't discard Dawnbringers VI being V the chaos focused one and VI the closing one.

The book IV is death and only FeC faction, and then will 2 books V and VI for Chaos, then wow alot of books for AOS v3 and this will be greatest version ever 😆

14 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Honestly it is the perfect setup for a definitive split between the green skins and Kragnos. Which would align with the launch of a new Destro faction for Kragnos and his Drogrukh. This would be also a super fit for the Era of the Beast, having a new destro faction as its conclusion.

I would hate that, because there would be a dissonance between lore and KB models... I mean, many KB models have banners and idols after Kragnos. For instance, the banner of the gutrippaz has something that looks like Kragnos and its prison —which also has Gobsprakk—, the banner of the Killaboss on Gnashtoof is a mountain broken apart, and the Belchabanna also looks like Kragnos...

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Someravella said:

I would hate that, because there would be a dissonance between lore and KB models... I mean, many KB models have banners and idols after Kragnos. For instance, the banner of the gutrippaz has something that looks like Kragnos and its prison —which also has Gobsprakk—, the banner of the Killaboss on Gnashtoof is a mountain broken apart, and the Belchabanna also looks like Kragnos...

The problem is that we have a scenario of a big/ main character of the faction vs a whole faction aesthetic as you mentioned. If the big guy ends knowing what is going on, Gobsprakk would have to suffer some sort of punishment. If not, I see this split that I mentioned. So I see that the Kruleboyz would be damaged one way or another. Let see how this ends, as it is finally getting spicy.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Someravella said:

Je détesterais ça, car il y aurait une dissonance entre l'histoire et les modèles KB... Je veux dire, de nombreux modèles KB ont des bannières et des idoles après Kragnos. Par exemple, la bannière du gutrippaz a quelque chose qui ressemble à Kragnos et sa prison —qui a aussi Gobsprakk—, la bannière du Killaboss sur Gnashtoof est une montagne brisée, et le Belchabanna ressemble aussi à Kragnos...

That without counting all army's scareshields.

20 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

This was explained when Krule were launched with the Dominion box.

I don't recall that granted it was awhile ago. I thought they said something about modeling the shield after their own face or something?

Edit: Neither here nor there really. Your oruks can do or be whatever. I'm just curious. 

Edited by Vasshpit
  • Like 1