The Rumour Thread

7 minutes ago, Pizzaprez said:

God I hate how that feels true: get something "divisive" out there for people to unreasonably hyperventilate about to help drown out the very valid "my investment is suddenly trash" venting

Went from "well I wont play GW games anymore but their models are great" to "well... maybe not even the models" pretty quick. 

It doesn't feel that long ago that 10 figures cost somewhere between $30 and $35; $50+ for a box of ten core unit figures has crossed a threshold that has me not very interested in starting any new projects from GW. Wanted to get some more Sylvaneth for my wife, but I think I'm going to build absolutely everything else I own beforehand at this point. 

I like miniatures, and GW has some pretty ones, but outside the things I've already got rolling any other ideas/projects I have in mind are going to get reworked to avoid using GW kits. 

It's hard to justify >$50 for ten basic infantry when I don't even often buy full-priced videogames anymore.

This does speak to the GW push for Spearhead sized games: if the default is "tiny sized" games suddenly everything on the way to 1,000 points is "optional." Fortunately, I'm in a position where I can budget to jump on the "box of new chaos dwarfs" bundle that'll be a comparatively great deal from LGS 

I really really like seeing 40k get more inclusive: the tweaks to Custodes was a graceful way to handwave the "boys club" narrative

These days just buying a foot hero is rapidly approaching $50. The newer Kill Teams over in 40K land are $70 for 10 models and the vanguard equivalent boxes are $160, and that's before the new prices kick in. I haven't completely stopped buying GW products yet but I keep getting more selective. Books have been right out for a while now, buying models that aren't in some kind of discount bundle is something I only do with extreme reluctance. Ordering directly from GW is something I don't even consider.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Chikout said:

Those metal sheathed spikes look very similar to the saurus warriors. It's especially telling that it's a row of three spikes that are encased. 99120208036_SERSaurusWarriors03.jpg.788132ffb986c68d2a0d28a70a771110.jpg

wait the rumor looks like the EXACT SAME spikes as this body?? Did they mess up or did they reuse a Saurus body...

15 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Maybe this Seraphon RE is a hint that one of the first BTs for the next edition will be Seraphon?

Seems likely, GW likes to front load the armies that aren't getting major updates early in the edition.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Pizzaprez said:

God I hate how that feels true: get something "divisive" out there for people to unreasonably hyperventilate about to help drown out the very valid "my investment is suddenly trash" venting

Went from "well I wont play GW games anymore but their models are great" to "well... maybe not even the models" pretty quick. 

It doesn't feel that long ago that 10 figures cost somewhere between $30 and $35; $50+ for a box of ten core unit figures has crossed a threshold that has me not very interested in starting any new projects from GW. Wanted to get some more Sylvaneth for my wife, but I think I'm going to build absolutely everything else I own beforehand at this point. 

I like miniatures, and GW has some pretty ones, but outside the things I've already got rolling any other ideas/projects I have in mind are going to get reworked to avoid using GW kits. 

It's hard to justify >$50 for ten basic infantry when I don't even often buy full-priced videogames anymore.

This does speak to the GW push for Spearhead sized games: if the default is "tiny sized" games suddenly everything on the way to 1,000 points is "optional." Fortunately, I'm in a position where I can budget to jump on the "box of new chaos dwarfs" bundle that'll be a comparatively great deal from LGS 

I really really like seeing 40k get more inclusive: the tweaks to Custodes was a graceful way to handwave the "boys club" narrative

Someone did the maths since 2016 and the price went up close to a 40% in 8 years.

• Sad 3

8 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

wait the rumor looks like the EXACT SAME spikes as this body?? Did they mess up or did they reuse a Saurus body...

They look a bit fancier. They have kinda of an outline at the bottom of the metallic spike.

16 minutes ago, novakai said:

Realistically about 2/3 of the army (not taking Sons of Behemat into account) are probably getting only foot heroes this edition

Yeah, looking at last edition, outside of kruleboyz and stormcast we got Nighthaunt, Sylvaneth, Slaves (twice), Gitz, Seraphon, Ironjawz, Cities and FeC. I just hope this edition they focus on the factions that have smaller ranges (Fyreslayers, Idoneth, KO, Khaine, Ossiarch) or the ones that need a refresh (Ogors). Another slaves release and they will have near as much waves as Stormcast.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Arzalyn said:

Yeah, looking at last edition, outside of kruleboyz and stormcast we got Nighthaunt, Sylvaneth, Slaves (twice), Gitz, Seraphon, Ironjawz, Cities and FeC. I just hope this edition they focus on the factions that have smaller ranges (Fyreslayers, Idoneth, KO, Khaine, Ossiarch) or the ones that need a refresh (Ogors). Another slaves release and they will have near as much waves as Stormcast.

if Malerion isn't coming anytime soon then I do hope DoK get a release wave for themselves, they could use some more big models outside of morathi and the cauldron

40 minutes ago, novakai said:

Realistically about 2/3 of the army (not taking Sons of Behemat into account) are probably getting only foot heroes this edition

If we get a second rumor engine of Seraphon then the hope is they'll get multiple kits. I will be happy with a new Oldblood/1 new kit but would love to see Temple Guard, Oldblood on Foot, Skinks and a new monster. 

Just now, DinoJon said:

If we get a second rumor engine of Seraphon then the hope is they'll get multiple kits. I will be happy with a new Oldblood/1 new kit but would love to see Temple Guard, Oldblood on Foot, Skinks and a new monster. 

I did think it was weird that the recent seraphon wave didn't have a behemoth or big centrepiece kit, do we think Kroak was supposed to come in the later wave or are they holding something back?

1 minute ago, Luperci said:

I did think it was weird that the recent seraphon wave didn't have a behemoth or big centrepiece kit, do we think Kroak was supposed to come in the later wave or are they holding something back?

I mean either is possible but ideally they're holding a big dino back. However I have poked the rumor masters that be and have never gotten a hint if we should expect more. 

It is a blessing and a curse to get your battletome early in the edition, usually means we don't get that big of a release, look at Ad-Mech and Necrons for 10th and then we quickly get out paced in power. 

9 minutes ago, DinoJon said:

I think it is Temple Guard.

• LOVE IT! 1

Just now, DinoJon said:

It is a blessing and a curse to get your battletome early in the edition, usually means we don't get that big of a release, look at Ad-Mech and Necrons for 10th and then we quickly get out paced in power. 

On the other hand at least the design studio will actively balance points throughout the edition now, I just hope the aos team do a better job of balancing than the 40k team have been this edition.

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, Arzalyn said:

If we say 8-10 armies, which seems to be the average across editions, I would personally guess

Stormcast

Skaven

Chorfs

Ogors

Fyreslayers

CoS

OBR (only death army that feels lacking atm)

LRL(?) River temple at minimum kinda demands a follow-up

DoK(?) (Krethusa feels like the herald of a new direction)

Sylvaneth(?) (Kurnothi, this time for sure!)

I'm just not feeling change in the air for KO and IDK right now, unfortunately. They were both basically ignored in Dawnbringers unlike every other order army in my list and there's no real REs or rumors in general swirling around them.

Edited by madmac
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Luperci said:

Probably Serpahon were supposed to have their wave earlier rather than Korak going out later.

2 minutes ago, madmac said:

If we say 8-10 armies, which seems to be the average across editions, I would personally guess

Stormcast

Skaven

Chorfs

Ogors

Fyreslayers

CoS

DoK (Krethusa feels like the herald of a new direction)

Sylvaneth (Kurnothi, this time for sure!)

I'm just not feeling change in the air for KO and IDK right now, unfortunately. They were both basically ignored in Dawnbringers unlike every other order army in my list and there's no real REs or rumors in general swirling around them.

Remove DoK, because they will probably hold until Malerion and put Idoneth, and Sylvaneth and put KO instead, and it seems pretty reasonable.

2 minutes ago, madmac said:

Stormcast

Skaven

Chorfs

Ogors

Fyreslayers

CoS

DoK(?) (Krethusa feels like the herald of a new direction)

Sylvaneth(?) (Kurnothi, this time for sure!)

There a couple REs that could be IDK, fish tail thing and what could be coral or water spray. I would put KO and IDK over sylvaneth, just because sylvaneth already got their second wave