AoS 2 - Hedonites of Slaanesh Discussion

HERO

6 hours ago, LeonBox said:

TL;DR: super frustrating army to play against and I'm not really sure how to go about countering them since they have an answer for just about everything

I'll admit I've not played against LRL, I've only played them (and that was without Teclis as I don't like his model at all). I found they had a big weakness to MWs because their units are expensive but tend to have a low wound count. However, we don't tend to output a tonne of MWs so in general I think our best bet is mass attacks into low wound units and tying up their archers ASAP. Lurid Haze should help catapult a model into their archers ASAP. 

While they're not bad at all defensively, they're also not that good and tend to have expensive screens, so quickly overwhelming them hurts. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Enoby said:

I'll admit I've not played against LRL, I've only played them (and that was without Teclis as I don't like his model at all). I found they had a big weakness to MWs because their units are expensive but tend to have a low wound count. However, we don't tend to output a tonne of MWs so in general I think our best bet is mass attacks into low wound units and tying up their archers ASAP. Lurid Haze should help catapult a model into their archers ASAP. 

While they're not bad at all defensively, they're also not that good and tend to have expensive screens, so quickly overwhelming them hurts. 

I always prioritise his archers with seekers, and they do a fantastic job of keeping them busy from turn 2 onwards. I was pretty low on bodies (3x5 Chaos Warriors, 2x5 seekers, Glutos, Keeper, bunch of small heroes) which doesn't help too much, but I don't see the  point of paying for daemonettes. Maybe running marauders or something for a horde unit would help? 

Regarding Teclis: my opponent has gone LRL for like the past 4 games and I find them fine without Teclis. They're just extremely overpowering with him, though. The ward save, plusses to cast for everyone, scary ranged attack and autocasting is just so oppressive. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, LeonBox said:

super frustrating army to play against and I'm not really sure how to go about countering them since they have an answer for just about everything.

My relatively limited experience against Lumineth says to put pressure on them early. There's a lot for them to remember and feeling overwhelmed can push them into mistakes. Admittedly my opponent didn't have Teclis in either game, but an overwhelming alpha strike worked against his static and hyper aggressive lists. (only have the 2 against them with Slaanesh though) Pinned him in place, but there wasn't really any key units in my list for him to focus down. He settled on the keeper for a few turns (which was probably a mistake)

I used the lurid haze with the marauders and splintered fang list against him. The 6 inch pile in was disgustingly helpful as well. Had my cake and ate it too. The fangs were surprisingly okay, but they fought his ethereal units mostly. I'm glad the fox had a slight nerf in the faq though. Only affects our pile in shenanigans, but still. Every bit helps. Lumineth will likely do well against our Glutos focused lists from the mortals and not caring about modifiers. 

Maybe experiment around with your list? I've been trying new things for a few games before switching it up. I'm not happy about it, but, unfortunately I've have a hard time justifying using any faction but the lurid haze. I love my marauder conversions, but is it worth it to take them without the teleport shenanigans? Anybody had experience with that?

Regardless, I hope y'all are having a good week.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, TheArborealWalrus said:

My relatively limited experience against Lumineth says to put pressure on them early. There's a lot for them to remember and feeling overwhelmed can push them into mistakes. Admittedly my opponent didn't have Teclis in either game, but an overwhelming alpha strike worked against his static and hyper aggressive lists. (only have the 2 against them with Slaanesh though) Pinned him in place, but there wasn't really any key units in my list for him to focus down. He settled on the keeper for a few turns (which was probably a mistake)

I used the lurid haze with the marauders and splintered fang list against him. The 6 inch pile in was disgustingly helpful as well. Had my cake and ate it too. The fangs were surprisingly okay, but they fought his ethereal units mostly. I'm glad the fox had a slight nerf in the faq though. Only affects our pile in shenanigans, but still. Every bit helps. Lumineth will likely do well against our Glutos focused lists from the mortals and not caring about modifiers. 

Maybe experiment around with your list? I've been trying new things for a few games before switching it up. I'm not happy about it, but, unfortunately I've have a hard time justifying using any faction but the lurid haze. I love my marauder conversions, but is it worth it to take them without the teleport shenanigans? Anybody had experience with that?

Regardless, I hope y'all are having a good week.

I definitely agree with your take - when using LRL, the worst thing to face was a fast army getting up in my face with big damage before I had the chance to get my buffs off and forcing me to spend Aetherquartz on +1 to save. 

Slickblades are probably our best bet against them, being able to put out some decent MWs and take a beating from MWs back. Always always put the battleshock immunity spell on them so the Cathallar can't get them

Also, I've said it before but I am very impatient with the rules for these twins. Knowing our luck they'll be 10 wound each, 4+ save, 14" move, and some okay combat/magic profiles. But then I keep thinking "what if they get the special god treatment like most god models do". As in, Teclis's Archmage ability, Archaon's Slayer of Kings, Nagash's Hand of Dust/massive casting bonus, Morathi's iron heart, whatever Alarielle does. 

There could be some really crazy abilities added onto these models that we've never seen before. Of course, it could be super basic beatstick stuff, but if Synessa had some sort of subterfuge ability and also something that buffs allies (like bringing out their sin), and if Dexcessa is an absolute monster in combat, like having an ability that means enemies always save on a 6+ and giving a bonus to Euphoric killers. Something that makes you go "yeah, these are the best caster and combatant in Chaos". 

Every time I stop to tell myself 'no', and that we'll probably end up with "KoS but more hitty" and "KoS but more casty". But we can hope 

• Like 1

Just hype for the models and not the rules. Wait patiently because they can be really disapointing otherwise. We don't know if their rules are writen by the same guy that did the battletome or there is another more generous guy that write every small update of Kragnos.

As something funny, today I had a dream in wich I was playing with Dexcessa. The dream was pretty short as it was just my opponent rolling a bunch of mele attacks, dealing 11 wounds to Dexcessa, and me removing the model from the table because she only had 11 wounds. Upon waking up I was so happy it was just a dream... but one never knows...

• Like 2

On 5/12/2021 at 9:23 AM, Carnith said:

Maybe if you only limit yourself to the wanderers, but Cities as a whole has a ton of chaff. Freeguild Guard, Corsairs, and Flagellents are plenty cheap enough to chaff for the army, they just don't fit the wanderers theme. 

Oh, I wasn't aware they were Ungor cheap.  I just thought it was the Scourgerunner Chariot.  Hmmm  good to know, thanks. 

6 hours ago, Yoid said:

Just hype for the models and not the rules. Wait patiently because they can be really disapointing otherwise. We don't know if their rules are writen by the same guy that did the battletome or there is another more generous guy that write every small update of Kragnos.

As something funny, today I had a dream in wich I was playing with Dexcessa. The dream was pretty short as it was just my opponent rolling a bunch of mele attacks, dealing 11 wounds to Dexcessa, and me removing the model from the table because she only had 11 wounds. Upon waking up I was so happy it was just a dream... but one never knows...

Yeah, I know it's not a good idea to get excited about the rules but it's difficult not to :P I hope your dream isn't prophetic; I wouldn't want to see either of them have less than 11 wounds. 

I'd hope it was the same person writing the Broken Realms just for consistency, but I can imagine it was a team effort. There's a chance that we'll get something disappointing, but they very rarely mess up their god models from my understanding. 

Another thing I really want to know is if we'll be getting any extra rules in addition to the twins - as in a new host or other allegiance benefit. 

Something I would really like to see in the next battletome or rules supplement is mount traits for our chariots. Not every army has these traits, but our chariots are pretty unique considering how many variants we have, and it'd give us more reason to use the smaller ones if the traits had some benefits to taking lots of multiple. 

I dont know what I want from twins power level wise, ive said before I wouldn't mind them having a way to funnel off depravity to hand out army buffs. I kind of want them to individually be around 250-300 points keeper level monsters individually and can take both for 600.

However with how the rules are in slaanesh wouldn't surprise me if you have to take both of them, not allowed to go separate, with 8 wound bodies, the voice is just a 2 cast wizard with only daemon lore with +1 to C+U with a command ability that stops battleshock, while the talon is a 6 attack, 2+3+ that can advance and charge command trait with no other rules (maybe 6s proc mortals) for 500 points.  Also they somehow lock you just into playing pretenders and remove access to allies or other chaos books. Oh they also let slaangor be battleline with no scroll adjustment or points drop.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, MothmanDraws said:

I dont know what I want from twins power level wise, ive said before I wouldn't mind them having a way to funnel off depravity to hand out army buffs. I kind of want them to individually be around 250-300 points keeper level monsters individually and can take both for 600.

However with how the rules are in slaanesh wouldn't surprise me if you have to take both of them, not allowed to go separate, with 8 wound bodies, the voice is just a 2 cast wizard with only daemon lore with +1 to C+U with a command ability that stops battleshock, while the talon is a 6 attack, 2+3+ that can advance and charge command trait with no other rules (maybe 6s proc mortals) for 500 points.  Also they somehow lock you just into playing pretenders and remove access to allies or other chaos books. Oh they also let slaangor be battleline with no scroll adjustment or points drop.

I really hope you're not right! 

That said, while we did get Slaangors, I think that the scroll they did for Glutos was really nice. So it's not like they can't write good scrolls for our book, it's just we have one really poor one, and most others have poor points. Not that these twins will be fantastic but I reckon they'll be at least decent, even if niche. 

On an unrelated note, now Slaangors have been mentioned, does anyone wonder what the rational was behind their warscroll. For the points debacle, I'm sure the idea was just "we are worried about summoning". But for Slaangors, I can't see a focussed idea about what they wanted Slaangors to actually do - it feels like someone forgot to write the warscroll until last minute, or they were much stronger and were nerfed last minute.

19 minutes ago, pnkdth said:

Wasn't there a play-tester (was it facehammer or THW?) who said he couldn't reveal anything other than the twins have some great rules?

I think it was Facehammer, and this is why I'm excited about them! It might just be that he overvalues a particular type of rule, but he's always seemed level-headed and competent so I trust that these twins have at least something going for them.

It's just rare from what I've seen for playtesters to specifically say how excited they are for the community to see some rules.

So with the rules and point leaks of new battletomes, this confirms our units in our new battletome were pointed unfairly. The gravelords have access to quite a bit of summoning and have yet been priced aggressively from the look of it. We also suffer from having less rules for our units. Like the stormcasts, our mortal units have neither musicians nor standard bearers which would have brought additional rules to boost to them

I certainly hope we don t have to wait for the winter faq to see some relevant point changes. I am not talking about a 5pt reduction here and there

• Like 2

1 hour ago, azdimy said:

So with the rules and point leaks of new battletomes, this confirms our units in our new battletome were pointed unfairly. The gravelords have access to quite a bit of summoning and have yet been priced aggressively from the look of it. We also suffer from having less rules for our units. Like the stormcasts, our mortal units have neither musicians nor standard bearers which would have brought additional rules to boost to them

I certainly hope we don t have to wait for the winter faq to see some relevant point changes. I am not talking about a 5pt reduction here and there

And here I'm sitting thinking they got a similar reaction and have quite a lot of squishy characters in the same range our Lord of Pain. Grave Guard, for instance, is very similar to Painbringers but has a worse save (unless you got shields), no re-rolls to save and is slow. Both HoS and SBGL have gotten the same treatment with their magic + have buff pieces like Glutos. I also think there's a good asymmetrical balance between Blood Knights and Slickblades. The former has more armour whereas the latter has more wounds and speed (reliable charge). They have more interesting characters though and it remains how useful they'll be (since there were little in the way more making them more durable).

Like someone posted in the SBGL thread, "if you want all the cool things and combos I guess you're playing 5k games as standard?" :D

Quite a few echo sentiments similar the HoS thread, i.e. it feeling like it is lacking something. Much like HoS, it seems to land a solid mid tier army with some teeth for competitive play. Since both armies are supposedly been created with 3rd in mind I think we can expect certain things to work well with it. My first thought is that the more squish characters will be easier to hide and protect while magic and shooting takes a hit.

2 hours ago, Enoby said:

I think it was Facehammer, and this is why I'm excited about them! It might just be that he overvalues a particular type of rule, but he's always seemed level-headed and competent so I trust that these twins have at least something going for them.

It's just rare from what I've seen for playtesters to specifically say how excited they are for the community to see some rules.

Yeah, I like them. They have a very solution-oriented mindset and don't fall into doomscrolling and negativity. I don't even think our book is bad, just a bit over-costed in places. Maybe I'm simply too optimistic? I'm also relieved my favourite armies aren't S-tier monsters. Good for me, good for the game, because this game REALLY doesn't need another battletome like Seraphon.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, azdimy said:

blissbarb archers now cost 165

I do think they want to be careful with slaanesh, if the points get too cheap its summoning engine can be quite scary, though it was telling seeing reports of the comped tournament giving slaanesh players 200 more points and it just made them look like 2000 point armies. 

1 hour ago, pnkdth said:

And here I'm sitting thinking they got a similar reaction and have quite a lot of squishy characters in the same range our Lord of Pain. Grave Guard, for instance, is very similar to Painbringers but has a worse save (unless you got shields), no re-rolls to save and is slow. Both HoS and SBGL have gotten the same treatment with their magic + have buff pieces like Glutos. I also think there's a good asymmetrical balance between Blood Knights and Slickblades. The former has more armour whereas the latter has more wounds and speed (reliable charge). They have more interesting characters though and it remains how useful they'll be (since there were little in the way more making them more durable).

Like someone posted in the SBGL thread, "if you want all the cool things and combos I guess you're playing 5k games as standard?" :D

Quite a few echo sentiments similar the HoS thread, i.e. it feeling like it is lacking something. Much like HoS, it seems to land a solid mid tier army with some teeth for competitive play. Since both armies are supposedly been created with 3rd in mind I think we can expect certain things to work well with it. My first thought is that the more squish characters will be easier to hide and protect while magic and shooting takes a hit.

Yeah, I like them. They have a very solution-oriented mindset and don't fall into doomscrolling and negativity. I don't even think our book is bad, just a bit over-costed in places. Maybe I'm simply too optimistic? I'm also relieved my favourite armies aren't S-tier monsters. Good for me, good for the game, because this game REALLY doesn't need another battletome like Seraphon.

I think there is a notably difference between SBGL and hedonites, while both have week magic I dont think they are anywhere close in "lack of synergy" .SBGL have plenty of things that help other units, like necromancers spell working well on foot troops, foot troops being able to soak wounds, the wolf branch heroes being able to stack +3 to cast. SBGL can build "engines" in their army for decent price like necro + zombies + corpse cart for not to many points then can build a cavalry wing with some cohesive buffs. Sure if he wants "all the cool things and combos" he would need 5k but atleast sbgl can have a choice of small contained combos.

Nothing in slaanesh outside of maybe glutos bomb really works cohesively(glutos bomb takes up most of your army), the seeker cav has no support, our blissbarbs have no real support (outside of getting a shardspeaker in close to try to get the + to wound). Our heavy hitter keepers are built to support other units as they cannot buff themselves, sigvald either needs a keeper to babysit him or hes a suicide missile. The only things that really bundle up is fiends/glutos or the painbringers/twinsouls/lord of pain/syllesske and the 2nd is expensive to make work.

Slaanesh can work as a strong tome, but its doing it in a very bland way, seeker spam as they are our only decent output on a strong platform or the glutos negatives to hit stacking (which is likely dead in 3rd due to debuff capping) its strength is getting perfect summons(which are heavily match up dependant). All the lists I build usually come out with some house of cards where im hoping they survive to get the ball rolling, the slaanesh book its very hard to build a block of your army and feel its functioning right (compare to say gloomspites snuffler+stabba+loonboss, soulblights necro +cart + 40+ zombies which are satisfying chunks of your army, you know how they work together and feel cohesive). It feels like when designing slaanesh they wanted it to not be about "combos" but about the strong and interesting units but most of the warscrolls are very bland, even if you played at 5k slaanesh would barely have any more synergy.

I think points can turn slaanesh into a powerhouse codex but it is more about making boring mortal units survive to overwhelm with summoning.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I still didn't see that specific intervew because no one seems to know the exact reference/link, but what I heard is he said "I cannot wait for the Slaanesh players to see the twins rules" and this can be interpreted in a good and bad meaning. Whathever they do may be overcosted or an extremely niche thing that the army don't need.

I prefer to wait and see the rules before becoming excited.

7 minutes ago, Yoid said:

I still didn't see that specific intervew because no one seems to know the exact reference/link, but what I heard is he said "I cannot wait for the Slaanesh players to see the twins rules" and this can be interpreted in a good and bad meaning. Whathever they do may be overcosted or an extremely niche thing that the army don't need.

I prefer to wait and see the rules before becoming excited.

That  was on an aos coach interview

Here is the link

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MothmanDraws said:

I think there is a notably difference between SBGL and hedonites, while both have week magic I dont think they are anywhere close in "lack of synergy" .SBGL have plenty of things that help other units, like necromancers spell working well on foot troops, foot troops being able to soak wounds, the wolf branch heroes being able to stack +3 to cast. SBGL can build "engines" in their army for decent price like necro + zombies + corpse cart for not to many points then can build a cavalry wing with some cohesive buffs. Sure if he wants "all the cool things and combos" he would need 5k but atleast sbgl can have a choice of small contained combos.

Nothing in slaanesh outside of maybe glutos bomb really works cohesively(glutos bomb takes up most of your army), the seeker cav has no support, our blissbarbs have no real support (outside of getting a shardspeaker in close to try to get the + to wound). Our heavy hitter keepers are built to support other units as they cannot buff themselves, sigvald either needs a keeper to babysit him or hes a suicide missile. The only things that really bundle up is fiends/glutos or the painbringers/twinsouls/lord of pain/syllesske and the 2nd is expensive to make work.

Slaanesh can work as a strong tome, but its doing it in a very bland way, seeker spam as they are our only decent output on a strong platform or the glutos negatives to hit stacking (which is likely dead in 3rd due to debuff capping) its strength is getting perfect summons(which are heavily match up dependant). All the lists I build usually come out with some house of cards where im hoping they survive to get the ball rolling, the slaanesh book its very hard to build a block of your army and feel its functioning right (compare to say gloomspites snuffler+stabba+loonboss, soulblights necro +cart + 40+ zombies which are satisfying chunks of your army, you know how they work together and feel cohesive). It feels like when designing slaanesh they wanted it to not be about "combos" but about the strong and interesting units but most of the warscrolls are very bland, even if you played at 5k slaanesh would barely have any more synergy.

I think points can turn slaanesh into a powerhouse codex but it is more about making boring mortal units survive to overwhelm with summoning.

Yeah, I would agree that there is a certain lack of synergy in that X adds to Y. However, the way modifiers, abilities + spells (Glutos, Shardspeaker, Syll'esske, etc), and CAs (Syll'esske, Keeper, LoPain, etc) all serve in making our units more effective/survive longer to generate more DPs.

That's our "synergy" and how the army is put together. I'm not particularly overjoyed over the reliance on DPs and summoning but it is a powerful tool.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, pnkdth said:

Grave Guard, for instance, is very similar to Painbringers but has a worse save (unless you got shields), no re-rolls to save and is slow.

Grave guards have twice the output of Painbringers point for point. While their offensive stat is similar on a per model basis, the grave guard warscroll gives you 10 models against 5 for the pain bringers

I m hearing that they are a lot of synergy in the gravelords book but they are difficult to accomplish while hos is a struggle to find any. Gravelords can play magic dominance with Nagash if they want to play that way, we don t have that option so far (twins may change that)

Blood knights have enough allegiance buffs in the battletome (retreat and charge, permanent buffs for killing units) to edge out the slickblade for less points.

The army has access to cheap battleline, cheaper support heroes when do not.

Overrall,I feel gravelord players are in a much better place than where we are with their new battletome but time will tell

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, azdimy said:

That  was on an aos coach interview

Here is the link

Oof. The interview is a nice content, but it is a constant beating to any slaanesh dreams. Admiting that summoning is baked into the point cost of units, and that playing with Hedonites units instead of StD is handicaping yourself. When asked about Hellstriders costing so much he said something like "Don't know if i should talk about that" like if something disturbing is behind this decission.

When they talk about the twins, what he say is "They got the potential of changing how the rest of the army plays", he dosn't refer to a power level at all. He also describe them as "Smaller Keeper of Secrets" And later he say "Well, I already know what they do" to clarify any doubt about his words being speculation or not.

Really bitter, but well, nothing new we didn't know by reading the battletome ourselves.

Edited by Yoid
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

I think it's a real shame we didn't get alternative uses of depravity points à la BoK's blood tithe abilities. We're so locked into a particular playstyle (using mortal units to generate DPs so we can summon our daemons in) that it penalises you heavily for wanting to play a thematic list like mortals only or daemons only -- the former is impossible without completely ignoring your DPs and the latter is just too expensive. 

Also the more I use Keepers the less impressed I am with their change this edition. They're big, scary, fast melee monsters, or they're supposed to be. Why, then, are we encouraged to now use them as a support piece? With the Fane change they're also swingier than ever. I had one inflict a measly 5 wounds on a unit of swordmasters the other day, and this was with the +1 to hit from the Fane. They're so crushingly disappointing now. 

Edited by LeonBox
Spelling
  • Sad 1

38 minutes ago, LeonBox said:

I think it's a real shame we didn't get alternative uses of depravity points à la BoK's blood tithe abilities. We're so locked into a particular playstyle (using mortal units to generate DPs so we can summon our daemons in) that it penalises you heavily for wanting to play a thematic list like mortals only or daemons only -- the former is impossible without completely ignoring your DPs and the latter is just too expensive. 

Also the more I use Keepers the less impressed I am with their change this edition. They're big, scary, fast melee monsters, or they're supposed to be. Why, then, are we encouraged to now use them as a support piece? With the Fane change they're also swingier than ever. I had one inflict a measly 5 wounds on a unit of swordmasters the other day, and this was with the +1 to hit from the Fane. They're so crushingly disappointing now. 

Yeah, +1 to hit is a nerf from rerolls to hit. This battletome has been full of nerfs one after another

• Like 1

Kind of a different question, but does anyone have any exalted chariot conversions? I was looking at the official model and it didn't feel very exalted. Thought about adding the body of the DoK cauldron to make a raised platform. Throw on some snake bits and figure out how to add the blender and steeds to the bottom on that base. It'll look fabulous. Wish me luck.

I'm not sure if I want to do my snake head conversion from my daemonettes (still WiP) to the herald. Kind of want a high priestess vibe from her which isn't quite served by the snake head I feel. Thoughts?

TLDR: Ideas/pictures for exalted chariot conversion would be appreciated.

Hope you all are having a good week. Cheers.

9 hours ago, pnkdth said:

That's our "synergy" and how the army is put together. I'm not particularly overjoyed over the reliance on DPs and summoning but it is a powerful tool.

Yeah, Unfortunately the army was built around summoning and not the other way around. I have had very few games where I felt like I could have won without summoning. It's like the Sons of behemat. The rule informs all other rules for the army. I personally would prefer a worse summoning table for cheaper/more synergistic units. Like the other chaos gods. There is the argument that Slaanesh is more about personal glory than army cohesion, but then the few buffs don't seem to apply that way either. *shrug*

The worst part for me is that if we get appropriately costed the currently good builds will become oppressively good. The summoning, even with the nerfs, is just so effective that we are tide locked. You could just up the current "good" unit's prices, but that feels lazy. I suspect that they made the normal buffs and stuff in the army with the current summoning and then the playtesters crushed it. (explains the archer batalion)Then they cut them sloppily out. Not sure why they didn't just nerf the table instead, but I'm not a rules writer. I AM having great fun with conversions though. (still working on my snake based fiends idea)

May fortune smile upon our army in the coming months. Good luck lads/lasses/other. Cheers.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TheArborealWalrus said:

Kind of a different question, but does anyone have any exalted chariot conversions? I was looking at the official model and it didn't feel very exalted. Thought about adding the body of the DoK cauldron to make a raised platform. Throw on some snake bits and figure out how to add the blender and steeds to the bottom on that base. It'll look fabulous. Wish me luck.

I'm not sure if I want to do my snake head conversion from my daemonettes (still WiP) to the herald. Kind of want a high priestess vibe from her which isn't quite served by the snake head I feel. Thoughts?

TLDR: Ideas/pictures for exalted chariot conversion would be appreciated.

Hope you all are having a good week. Cheers.

Well, I convert mostly for saving money because im in a tight budget. I adquired Wrath and Rapture back in the day when Fiends were awful. I converted all my fiends with Daemonettes heads to turn them into Daemon Princes, specially one that I give a spear too (the others don't look so good in the neck). Before Covid I had plans of making a chariot pulled from one of these "Exalted Fiends" as a way to represent the exalted chariot.

The thing is, you can change the beast that pull the chariot to something mighthier. If you got money and/or access to an Slickblade kit, you probably can make one pulled by exalted seekers.