The Golden Abacus - #Pir8Realms

StoneMonk

Call-to-pirates2.gif.5060fd3c0fb6a2f8f244330ba436e828.gif

Welcome pirates, raiders, corsairs, freebooters, marauders, privateers, picaroons, rovers, and anyone seeking to be Truly Free!

[This thread is the start of a narrative collaboration that anyone is welcome to join if you're interested in telling pirate-themed stories, with words or miniatures, in AoS]

Ya see, there be many forces seeking to control the heart and mind of folk like us. Be it Sigmar by law or Slaanesh by obsession, they all seek to shackle our bodies and tame our spirits. Stories are told of great captains from long ago who had the whole of the 8 Realms at their disposal. In the rule of chaos we saw all opportunity snuffed...and in the God-King's push to "take-back" the realms, opportunities are opening back up. But mind you, if the Pantheon of Legend succeeds in gaining control, we will see our lively-hoods snuffed just the same. 

So what are folk like us to do to protect our freedom from the shackles of order or chaos? Why, this is the reason we invited you here..

Let us band together, and where mutually beneficial and agreeable, share in the pain and reward of this life we've chosen. What that means is up for discourse and democratic affairs. Some have suggested an accord or a code to create our community by. That's not to say you can't have a proclivity for one or more of the gods, we're not looking to bring down the ire of any of them. But if you have a greater commitment to your own self than anyone else, perhaps you'll find more like-minded confederates here.

Our First Order is to find a place in the 8 realms that we might find safe harbor and could protect from the building of cities or the ruination of filth. Not your personal cove of safety, but someplace that could become the capital of our pirate coalition. If you're interested, do this for me:

1. Introduce yourself [your pirate captain or general] and your crew [share pictures]

2. Submit a location that you have visited in your travels across the 8 Realms and why you think it could serve this purpose. Please include any strategic advantages, natural or magical features, or aesthetics that would make it an ideal location.

Looking forward to getting to know you and making the seas, skies and lands safe for mortals like us.

- Crulg, Commander of the MÜHLE

Edited by StoneMonk
  • Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 2

Ello 'umie loota boss, I'se be Loonkaptin Zagrukk Da Shroom Shark, boss of da Salty Squig! Me and my boys ave sailed from da beastie realm all da way to da boney seas in search of places wiv lots of shiny stuff ta nick! One of dose places was Da Triple Stabba(Dead Man's Trident to you umies), it was constantly pourin, the few amiss dere was like proppa gitz with der kunnin, and best of all NO HAMMER BOYZ.  IMG_1527.jpeg.81dcd807abd14a8f514dd6ed77ca8180.jpeg 

• Like 4

20190408_222554.jpg

Adm'rul Kurgan is a veteran of a hundred campaigns in every corner of the Realms: from the steaming jungles of Ghyran to the ruined cities of the Hysh; he has burned ports in the Rotwater Blight, raided the towns of Okkam’s Reach in Ulgu, besieged fortresses in the Endless Desert of Shyish, endured the perpetual snowstorms and barren wastes of the Silverglades in Chamon, battled in the heart of the Jade Kingdoms, looted the floating islands over the Harrowmark forests and engaged all manner of foes: alive or undead, daemonic or mortal. All the while stealing anything that wasn't nailed down, and having a go with a claw-hammer at anything that was.

The Hogwashas - Orruk Ironjawz Brutes

The crew of the Adm’rul’s flagship and his bodyguard. Huge specimens of the greenskin race, they exemplify the ideal held true by all Orruks that “Might is Right”. They take the biggest cut of the loot, have the best weapons and armour, and the best tattoos in the fleet.

They swagger about port as if they own the place, and so far no-one has told them otherwise. They relish adventure and excitement and we gladly board the Hogwasha and set off through a Realmgate into skies-unknown, just to see what happens when they get there.

20190408_134549.jpg

20190408_134640.jpg

20190408_134644.jpg

20190408_134600.jpg

20190408_134604.jpg

20190408_134608.jpg

20190408_134612.jpg

20190408_134620.jpg

20190408_134624.jpg

20190408_134629.jpg

20190408_134634.jpg

Edited by WarbossKurgan
  • Like 7
  • LOVE IT! 2

20180927_222345.jpg

Da Cleavermaw was a hulking conglomeration of different wrecked and captured ships, cobbled together over many years from their victims and any old junk they could salvage. The prow and stern were completely mismatched and it rode through the air in an ungainly, awkward way. It looked like a dog, steered like a cow and smelled like a slum. Luckily it also packed a punch like a prizefighter: it was equipped with strange mechanical contractions to grapple and board an enemy and vast amounts of heavy artillery.

For years Kaptain Mogrum was completely obsessed with closely examining the captured papers, maps, charts, orders, logbooks and letters - he had standing orders for the crew to gather them from captured sky-ships. He hoarded them in his cabin and, along with his clerk, poured over them for hours in the night making details notes and trying to fit them together or to make sense of them as a whole.

Some months ago Kaptain Mogrum received a near-fatal head injury in a boarding action - a Kharadron skypike split his skull. He was not expected to recover, so it surprised everyone when he woke up and exploded the cabin wall by vomiting up a green lightning-blast of Waaagh! power. The head wound he had survived had unlocked a connection to Gorkamorka and the Waaagh! energy that was generated by the orruks around him. 

Since his accident Kaptain Mogrum was changed. Where before he had been a brutal, but cunning, Warboss who led his crew from the front, he was always first over the gunwales into an enemy ship, and a vicious, merciless fighter. But he was now a cunning, but brutal, Weirdnob Shaman!

Since his awakening the pirate orruks who followed him fully embraced his change (not least because he killed a lot less of them in fits of anger. Even if he did kill a lot more of them in accidental explosions of Waaagh! energy... on balance it seemed better to them) and from then on they all consider themselves experts in the fields of thaumatology, evocation and sorcery. They nodded sagely to one another as they described the magic around them in great technical detail (often using the wrong terms but they really didn't care). They pronounced judgements on the quality of the wizardry they witnessed and debated the relative merits of various spells.

When they journeyed to the very edge of the realms in search of the wild magic of Endless Spells, their Kaptain issued each of them an ensorcelled black-powder pistol as a focus for binding the Endless Spells. Each orruk then took it upon themselves to add charms and trinkets to their pistol, in order to enhance its power. A selection of teeth, bones, coins, pebbles with holes, crow feathers, gold and silver rings, and polished fragments of glass - all tied on with string or jewellery chains - adorned their foci.

• Like 4

Well Met, Crulg, 

I'll admit that I didn't quite get the idea of this when you shared it with me, but when I've mentioned it to others in our line of work, I've seen more interest than distrust...though a fair share of distrust too.

The last moon cycle en route to the 8th Wonder, do you remember that chain of skyslands shaped like teeth that chomped down on the mainland. It didn't seem like they were anchored to one location, so could be hard to find again. But if there's someway to understand how or why they act like they do, they could be easy to defend.

Ahdor "Sailfin" Anspear, Admiral of the Kingfisher hunting crew, former officer in the Excelsis naval fleet.
(40k Drukhari + AoS = counts as Dru-kharidron Overlords)

IMG_9387.jpg

IMG_0377.jpg

Drukharidron Kingfishers pistoleers 00.jpg

Grubhauler.jpeg

• Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 2

Kapitan Alunzo da Leeva and The Rotmoons

The Rotmoons were a band of swashbuckling orruk sky-pirates. They called themselves Privateers, and acted more like pirates, but they spent more of their time acting like explorers than either. They searched the ruins of the Realms for treasures and artefacts from the Age of Myth. Their Shaman, El Doctoro, considered himself an expert on that long-forgotten era and often pronounced, with great complacency and authority, what a found treasure was or its magical powers. He was occasionally correct but only occasionally.

Their skyship, The Rotmoon, was recently wrecked (again!) in the forests of The Harrowmark. They made a deal with another orruk pirate crew, the Ogresuns; under Kaptain Salty Ogbad, to recover their cargo. But Ogbad fled with a small portion of the treasure after losing most of it to the Gilded Hand and the Ordeshal Host. The Rotmoons were reduced to looking for a ship to steal as a replacement. They hoped to cut-out one of the merchants that often call at the Wortbad skydock.

Kapitán Alunzo da Leeva - Orruk Warboss

A dashing and swashbuckling Orc Pirate; young, capable and unusually quick-witted. He was popular with his crew as he got them out of many scrapes over the years but he was unpopular with the other captains of the Ironfang Fleet who saw him as an “upstart young pup”. He was unfortunately prone to shipwreck much more often than someone with his actual skill should be.

26914199_10156101144513336_287203514_n.jpg

El Doctoro - Orruk Great Shaman

Surgeon, explorer, collector, drug addict (well, Magic Mushroom addict): El Doctoro was all of these to an extent. He often dropped hints that there is more to him than just “the shaman”. He wanted the crew of the Rotmoon to think he was mysterious and complex.

26996505_10156101144613336_568616304_n.jpg

Hammerhead (AKA Tiburón Martillo) - Ogor Maneater

Dressed in the Rotmoons style Hammerhead wore a black cloak and breaches, an off-white ruff, a battered morion helmet engraved with an octopus design and silvered armour. He carried a handgun that he used like a pistol and he liked to twirl his huge cutlass in great swishing arcs.

26856939_10156101144593336_1317955512_n.jpg

Dragante - Orruk Boss

A hulking brute of an orruk with a hook for a hand and a bad attitude. He made sure the Boyz did exactly what they were told and bashed heads together when the crews' arguments (inevitably) turned into fights.

26857408_10156101144523336_440765748_n.jpg

The crew...

rotmoons23-15.jpg

Juan Dee. Alchemist, seer, astronomer, astrologer, occult philosopher and advisor to The Rotmoons.

DVNaXyhXkAEB5RP.jpg

20180511_121506.jpg

Dregante and newcomer Bortagno find themselves lost in the forests of the Harrowmark... something watches them from the trees...

• Like 1

Well if we'se showing off our crews den allow me ta introduce da Grotficers 

IMG_1531.jpeg.a2b658a73941e28c0cdf0ce877d5d701.jpeg

dis ere is Grotwonk Slickspitta, boss of da guns(madcap shaman)

IMG_1530.jpeg.6f2fc21471189ce1f04e723009b61109.jpeg 

First loon Snuffnak Gunksack Snapper of Eezy Pickinz and boss of da Squiga Diverz

IMG_1528.jpeg.872e329c62ca966db9ea674f471480e3.jpeg

Boss of Grog, Nazpizzle Shroombagz(brew git)

Prisoner interrogater, Slitsnag Moonpoke, Poker of Da Oomies(Spiker)

Morale Boss Glitnak Kunnintongue, Smacker of Da Gitz(Boggle eye)

Story Tella Naffnik Kunninnibbla(Scaremonger)

Star Gazer Stizglat Toadhoppa(Shroomancer)

• Like 1

Crulg: Well met to ya all an impressed ya heedin' da call. Admiral Kurgan, your reputation precedes ya. Some of me captains tell yer tails to rile da crew up before an encounter.

Sailfin, ya fair ******, that set of skylands you mentioned would indeed be a formidable location, though da smashin to da ground may disrupt some commerce. But take a second look if you think it be right for our needs.

Loonkaptin Zagrukk the Shroom Shark mentioned da Tripple Stabba also known as Dead Man's Trident...if it's got a name, do many others know about it. Da shape alone makes it intrigin'. May need to send some scouts and learn more about it.

I'm certain Admiral Kurgan and Kapitan Alunzo have seen places that'd make our toes curl, but I welcome your ideas sirs.

Waiting on mah senior staff to get back to dock and i'll introduce 'em. 

• Like 1

On 4/15/2019 at 10:46 AM, Acid_Nine said:

so, I need to ask. with all these amazing conversions, are there any tips to make some chaos pirates?

The scurvy crew of the Flying Tallyman are still hirin’ (and still in need of a Cap’n), but might aid ye’ in yer querulence.

As of this moment, they sail in the Soulless Seas of Ghyran, but they’ve been asearch for a seaworthy realmgate to take them to The Glittering Archipelago in Chamon.  I hear tell the isles we’re once the stronghold of a filthy rich Duardin clan afore they fled to the skies leavin’ behind all their riches.

6D518F73-ED65-48C4-BA6E-43B381BB17AB.jpeg.41f7c01ebab313808a754696851bf048.jpeg

The Flying Tallyman

569275FF-9D4E-4DEC-84F0-CC1E36BDD17A.jpeg.1b563e9c55e61305895e40888234014e.jpeg

52023949-FB78-48F9-9A0C-FA569719029D.jpeg.1652fc40ad589e5c97b5e248be13a8f4.jpeg

WIP of the ship’s Plague Cannon

63D7A118-3C78-4916-B924-53B2F1425D90.jpeg.3af79813a2eeabb53a403cdd94e0f565.jpeg

WIP of the Captain’s Mate Smitty Cystongue? (Name in progress too)

Update: Smitty has a paint job!

B813B60C-95D3-4F3E-865B-8C3E1E068783.jpeg.266d8017cbd3c51c39ecfa133990685d.jpeg

04D7B1DE-ECE8-4E29-897A-7D4C080D2FCE.jpeg.359a89119f0bc14fb29ab54745a0c818.jpeg

Edited by Nacnudllah
Update WIP pics
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

Alright Boys, now dat we ave a right and proppa mob of Thievin Gitz(Meself included), we need ta decide on where in all da eight realms we should set up our port o call(my grog boss is getting rather inventive with his cursing). Now so Far we ave Da Tripple Stabba, Mork's(Or was it Gork's?) Broken Chompas(da floating islands da pointy head mentioned) and the Shiny Loot Beach(Glittering Archipelago). I says we ave a vote, most posts for the location wins, agreed?

Edit: Sorry if this sounded offensive or rude to anyone, I am glad we have this thread and really enjoy the world building we are doing, and hope we can soon take it to the next level. 

Edited by TheR00zle
Grammar and Apologies
  • LOVE IT! 1

Crugl: Aye admire yer enthusiasm, but wit da exception of Kurgan, I dunno that we got the da forces ready to travel and den capture the location if it already be settled. I know others on der way, and I be obliged to wait to increase our odds of success. Plus, I ain't knowin if I fully trus' any of yoo yet to endeavor on such a monumental task. 

As for da locations, some of dees ideas be cool, but what do ye really know about each location. Scoutin' might be a better next step, perhaps we each send a trusted hand to join an expeditionary crew to go out together an' see what we're in for...

Stonemonk: @Theroozle Let's give some more time for people to jump in and share ideas and build armies, imagine gathering supplies and crew for such a big adventure. I'd also like to build a bit of drama up to the point of arriving at the new location. Imagine this is our first movie with 3 acts and the final act is arriving at the island. 

• Like 1

On 4/15/2019 at 9:46 AM, Acid_Nine said:

so, I need to ask. with all these amazing conversions, are there any tips to make some chaos pirates?

Great question man! Do you have a favorite chaos god? Dark Oath vikings could be cool on some bone ship. Also, they don't have to be water or air based, they could be land based raiders if you can imagine something unique in AoS. 

On 4/15/2019 at 1:43 PM, Nacnudllah said:

The scurvy crew of the Flying Tallyman are still hirin’ (and still in need of a Cap’n), but might aid ye’ in yer querulence.

Loving these @Nacnudllah!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, StoneMonk said:

Crugl: Aye admire yer enthusiasm, but wit da exception of Kurgan, I dunno that we got the da forces ready to travel and den capture the location if it already be settled. I know others on der way, and I be obliged to wait to increase our odds of success. Plus, I ain't knowin if I fully trus' any of yoo yet to endeavor on such a monumental task

As for da locations, some of dees ideas be cool, but what do ye really know about each location. Scoutin' might be a better next step, perhaps we each send a trusted hand to join an expeditionary crew to go out together an' see what we're in for...

Stonemonk: @Theroozle Let's give some more time for people to jump in and share ideas and build armies, imagine gathering supplies and crew for such a big adventure. I'd also like to build a bit of drama up to the point of arriving at the new location. Imagine this is our first movie with 3 acts and the final act is arriving at the island

Alright sir, sorry for jumpin da bow on dat, I could scout out da triple stabba in a bit as currently me and my boys are shipwrecked were for da time being.

7 minutes ago, StoneMonk said:

Great question man! Do you have a favorite chaos god? Dark Oath vikings could be cool on some bone ship. Also, they don't have to be water or air based, they could be land based raiders if you can imagine something unique in AoS. 

Loving these @Nacnudllah!

@Acid_Nine posted some ideas he has on the dream army thread.

• Like 1

'Ello all yoose Oomies, Big fellas, and pointy heads, I am Loonseer Skarnik Gloomcap, I was sent by Da Shroomshark to tell you gitz bout Da Tripple Stabba(he would of done it himself if he wasn't tryin to wrangle some troggoths to join our crew). IMG_1529.jpeg.ee99cfe7eca9f0a942145c3517a150bb.jpeg

(Model is WIP)

Anyway Da Triple Stabba(Dead Man's Trident) is located in da realm of death itself(Shyish) in some underworld called "The Galleon's Graveyard" and is a bunch of islands dat look like a three prong stabba when yoose are floating from eatin to many puffshrooms. It's always raining 'ere, and da clouds are so thick it's like Da Everdank came early(don't tell da Looking I sed dat though, I like me head in one piece(ha!)). So far it seems dat were are only three major lairs(or whatever you lot call your homes) in da area:

1. Port Jagged: Named after all of da wrecked ships and rocks sticking out of da water like squig teef, and is the major Oomie "settlement(dats what you call your lurklairs right?), it's a right and proppa place of villainy, with all sorts of oomie crimes being committed(It was ere where I learned some oomies have mushrooms growing on dem). Hey fink dat da storm is actually some goddess or godbeast(it depended on who I asked) named  Scyjaw , who collects(or eats) all da souls of any creature dat dies under its rain.  when I asked what dis git looked like, hey showed me two pictures, one was a oomie girl leaking water from er eyes, and da other was of a giant allopex chompin down onna bunch of ships.

2. Pele Koa Isles: dis place is basically three or four volcanoes linked together. I woulda done more explorin but a bunch of da fire stunts came outta nowhere and started throwing axes at me! some of dem were weird though, it looked like dey were made of hot rocks.....

3. Skellie Keep: Dis place was very weird(and coming from me dats saying somefing). It's one of dose pyramid places dat Nagash and dose Desert Skellies like building, but it was being run by some vampire(so da people of Jagged told me). Even weirder is da fact dat were were still living 'oomies dere as well. We should be extra sneaky around dis place, as dey ave a small fleet(three or four barges) and regularly patrol it. Owever, it seems dat da skellies are "friendly" if you give dem exotic pets or strange books once a year. 

Well dat's all I could find out,. Don't ask me for a map of da joint, I didn't ave time to nick one(and in irl I'm not that great of a digital drawer(is anybody here good at that kind of thing?).

• Like 1

I haven't got any pictures so far, but I've got a nighthaunt army that do, on occasion, sail the eight seas:

"In Ulgu, I've heard tell of an island hundreds of miles wide and long, inhabited by the forsaken' souls of an entire empire o' mortals. Every inch of it is unhallowed ground, and the dead do not rest easy there. It is surrounded by mountains an' cliffs so high that the sun never rises, and huge fortress-cemetaries are found at every turn. They call it: Tenebrus.

It is said that a god lives there, who gave his name to the isles, powerful enough to challenge even Nagash, should he ever awaken from his deific slumber. This god holds sway over the ghosties that live upon that acursed rock, and he commands night and shadow. I believe that this 'Tenebrus' could hold great potency o'er the entire realm of Ulgu, should only a few of us pirates set foot 'ere. If all o' us anchored there, well...

We would have to fight off the ghosties firs', though..."

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, S133arcanite said:

I haven't got any pictures so far, but I've got a nighthaunt army that do, on occasion, sail the eight seas:

"In Ulgu, I've heard tell of an island hundreds of miles wide and long, inhabited by the forsaken' souls of an entire empire o' mortals. Every inch of it is unhallowed ground, and the dead do not rest easy there. It is surrounded by mountains an' cliffs so high that the sun never rises, and huge fortress-cemetaries are found at every turn. They call it: Tenebrus.

It is said that a god lives there, who gave his name to the isles, powerful enough to challenge even Nagash, should he ever awaken from his deific slumber. This god holds sway over the ghosties that live upon that acursed rock, and he commands night and shadow. I believe that this 'Tenebrus' could hold great potency o'er the entire realm of Ulgu, should only a few of us pirates set foot 'ere. If all o' us anchored there, well...

We would have to fight off the ghosties firs', though..."

Welcome to the fold friend! might I ask who be the captain(or similar title) of your fine group of ghosts?

1 minute ago, S133arcanite said:

My leader, or Shroudlord, is known as Mordrak, the Shadeling. He is a knight of shrouds who often takes to a spectral ship, accompanied by his Guardian of Souls Marrak, to search for new souls.

Nice~ is he converted or standard(just curious). Either way this group is growing Crulg!

• Like 1