Troggherd (180)

Endless Spells
Scrapskuttle’s Arachnacauldron (50)
Emerald Lifeswarm (60)

Total: 1930 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 2
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 100

Although I've been flicking through the battletomb for a while I've only recently read some of the 'fluff' and I love that in the heart of Skragrotts lair in Chamon he as these 4 armoured Troggs gaurding his Realm Gate. I'd love to try and work some if those I this army somehow but we'll see how we get on

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/25/2019 at 10:56 PM, TeddyMadeMeDoIt said:

Let's get straight into it

D8eIuJt.jpg

i5i8t71.jpg

0qaWk46.jpg

Heading towards this list....

Allegiance: Gloomspite Gitz

Leaders
Dankhold Troggboss (300)
 General
Troggoth Hag (380)

Battleline
6 x Rockgut Troggoths (320)
3 x Rockgut Troggoths (160)
3 x Rockgut Troggoths (160)

Behemoths
Aleguzzler Gargant (160)
Aleguzzler Gargant (160)

Battalions
Troggherd (180)

Endless Spells
Scrapskuttle’s Arachnacauldron (50)
Emerald Lifeswarm (60)

Total: 1930 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 2
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 100

Although I've been flicking through the battletomb for a while I've only recently read some of the 'fluff' and I love that in the heart of Skragrotts lair in Chamon he as these 4 armoured Troggs gaurding his Realm Gate. I'd love to try and work some if those I this army somehow but we'll see how we get on

Hello, I've just seen your list full of Rockgut Troggoths, so maybe you can answer about their ability, TROWHIN' BOULDERS. 

Do they roll 1 dice for each model to determine the damage or just one dice for every unit? 

Thankssss

2 hours ago, DestructionFranz said:

Hello, I've just seen your list full of Rockgut Troggoths, so maybe you can answer about their ability, TROWHIN' BOULDERS. 

Do they roll 1 dice for each model to determine the damage or just one dice for every unit? 

Thankssss

Hi there, it's one dice to roll, trying to get under the amount of minis in that unit. So as long as that unit of 6 are all there that's an auto hit where the others will be one dice rolled trying to get under 3 

Hope that helps 👍🏻

4 hours ago, TeddyMadeMeDoIt said:

Hi there, it's one dice to roll, trying to get under the amount of minis in that unit. So as long as that unit of 6 are all there that's an auto hit where the others will be one dice rolled trying to get under 3 

Hope that helps 👍🏻

Thanks, I thought that you had to calculate the number of enemy models in the enemy unit you aimed to. 

1 hour ago, DestructionFranz said:

Thanks, I thought that you had to calculate the number of enemy models in the enemy unit you aimed to. 

Yeah it's one that I think a lot of us at to read a couple of times but once you got it it's there. The warscroll quotes roll a dice equal to or less than the number of models in THIS unit, meaning the ones that are throwing the rocks.

It's like testing their accuracy, the more models in a unit the easier it is to hit something.  In a unit of 6 up to 3 of them will definitely hit but when there are less of them it's harder for them to hit so the roll gets harder. 

I'm also thinking of using Mollog instead of a Gargant as I've heard good things, going to get a game in soon to test them out 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, TeddyMadeMeDoIt said:

Yeah it's one that I think a lot of us at to read a couple of times but once you got it it's there. The warscroll quotes roll a dice equal to or less than the number of models in THIS unit, meaning the ones that are throwing the rocks.

It's like testing their accuracy, the more models in a unit the easier it is to hit something.  In a unit of 6 up to 3 of them will definitely hit but when there are less of them it's harder for them to hit so the roll gets harder. 

I'm also thinking of using Mollog instead of a Gargant as I've heard good things, going to get a game in soon to test them out 

Thanks for the clarification. 

It would be to good what I have thought for this unit. One dice for each model with D3 damage each against numerous units.  It's not a DEATH or ORDER unit so it would not have been so strong. (I said that to don't polemicize with GW  😁 that seems to have forgotten that there is even Destruction Allegiance). 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/9/2019 at 4:33 PM, TeddyMadeMeDoIt said:

He's better than the Gargant because of his consistency and utility, both of which the gargant is famous for not having. It's also important not to forget that Mollog is a hero, so he gets Lookout Sir! and can be used for Inspiring Presence/RR charge etc.

40 minutes ago, Gdead909 said:

The simple fact that his weapon is like a starsoul mace is amazing. 

Aye, considering the prevalence of ethereal amulet atm the fact he consistently does mortal wounds is really nice.