Double-spraying?

Bumfunk

Hello everyone!

So i'm in a bit of a frustrating situation. I'm currently painting a zombiedragon, which i've sprayed black. It made sense in the situation, but i've decided to go with another colorscheme, and therefore it would be tons better if it was sprayed (primed?) with zandri-dust instead.

So my question is: Is it possible to "re-spray" my model without ruining it too much? (My first layer of spray is rather thin).

I hope you can help me!

Cheers!

Usually for large models I do a zenital highlight with base sprays. I first prime the entire model gray and hit them with zandri dust after that and it doesnt kill any detail. If your first coat is nice and thin you can definitely spray it again.

3 hours ago, Bumfunk said:

Thank you all! It's really appreciated! Guess i'll just respray it with zandri dust !

What does it mean to "fog" it?

It's a light spray, so you spray sort of at/above the model rather than directly trying to coat each aspect of it. 

Others have mentioned zenithal highlighting, so don't spray the underside, just spray the upper angles. It means that your following basecoats go over lighter or darker prime layers, subtlying changing the tone darker or lighter where light would naturally fall. 

Archived