TheDiceAbide's Destruction (Beastclaw and Ironjawz)

I had better share the progress! The Frost Spear had a more appropriate appearance now, and after looking at my bitz, trying to think of what to do with the left hand, I saw a thumb tack on my table and figured I could whittle it down into an ogre-sized ******. He's definitely becoming an extravagant ogre. :)

Next I'll be adding stretched earlobes with tusks through them, a second chin and maybe some jowls, then it's onto the little things I've skipped, like rivets on the metal bands holding the throne together.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

1 hour ago, Lysandestolpe said:

This is so cool!

What tool did you use to shape the spear blade?

I'm so excited about this project!

Thanks!

The spear blade was just carved out of a thick piece of plasticard. I used files (round) and my xacto knife and just got to whittling!

3 minutes ago, Ademo said:

What a cool project - you're certainly a resourceful guy using that pin.... are you sure you aren't an ork?

I've been called worse... I'm the kind of guy who walks through hardware, pet stores, and office supply stores, and only sees terrain opportunities.

17 hours ago, WoollyMammoth said:

I do a lot of green stuff work, but I still feel like such an amateur. Do you use special tools? Do you have any tips or resources one can use to learn better techniques for using green stuff? 

I would say practice for a couple decades, but nobody wants to hear that, haha. Aside from normal sculpting tools, I use a set of tools called color shapers, they're basically soft rubber paint brushes with different shaped tips, they're amazing. Also, use plenty of water, spit, or better yet Nivea hand lotion, to keep it from sticking to your fingers and tools.

Well, while I wait on some bits for my Beastclaw Raiders, I thought I'd try out my paint scheme for the Ironjawz part of my destruction force. I have always wanted to do a lava-themed game table, and obviously would need an army to go along with it, so i've settled on a clan of Ironjawz who have settled in the Realm of Fire for a bit too long, causing them to be red-skinned instead of the classic green.

I'm trying to keep the scheme fast (basecoat, wash, highlight, edge highlight), and it seems to be working... if all goes well, I may have to do a Bonesplitters army to match.

red-orruk-front-wip.JPG

red-orruk-back-wip.JPG

What a wonderful project log! I'm loving all the details you are picking out, both in modeling and painting.

Yeah, I get in trouble when I go out shopping with my wife. The positive effect is that she doesn't take me along much anymore :)

Archived