Ricki's Midnight City - Clockwork Pegasus Knights June 2020

Melcavuk

6 hours ago, Sttufe said:

holy heck I forgot how much I loved looking at these conversion! I love the incoporation of dragons, and the witchhunters are super cool!

Cheers, waiting on the new admech releases so I can gear up for my full steam cavalry and Midnight birdmen

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Dude, not only is your paintjob absolutely top notch, but those conversion are totally sick!

The amount of kitbashing and conversion job done is amazing and I really appreciate you taking WIP pictures as well so that we get to see, where, what and how are those parts attached!

Last time I saw a project of this scale was back in the day, when somebody scratchbuild and kitbashed his own Beastmen themed Space Wolf chapter for 40K.

Keep up the good work m8!

Edited by Myrdin
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Post WHTV its time to bring in the true strength of the Vendati Order by way of the Cognizant Legions, those who have suffered at the hands of the arcane, who bear physical, mental or emotional scars and little left in their soul bar the loathing of the arcane, first up are the armoured crossbows, and also a new Duardin Ironsworn

IMG_0688.JPG

IMG_0662.JPG

IMG_0671.JPG

• Like 4
  • LOVE IT! 1

2 hours ago, Melcavuk said:

IMG_0718.JPG

IMG_0719.JPG

IMG_0720.JPG

IMG_0721.JPG

IMG_0723.JPG

The squats are great addition to the army, as always the painting is absolutely spectacular! I am in awe. How do you even do this with conversions and such, it seems impossible. I can't wait to see what goes in next! P.S. I love the war machines, you make these things almost come to life before your eyes!

Edited by Sttufe
  • Like 5

On 3/2/2020 at 9:24 PM, Sttufe said:

The squats are great addition to the army, as always the painting is absolutely spectacular! I am in awe. How do you even do this with conversions and such, it seems impossible. I can't wait to see what goes in next! P.S. I love the war machines, you make these things almost come to life before your eyes!

Cheers, at this point I've been hands on with most of the kits across the ranges which helps with conversions as I can usually visualise the end result a lot more easily from the constituent parts. Don't get me wrong there are many failed attempts that never see the light of day.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

After the ToS in February I opted to add another little detachment of Midnight City innovations to my army, this time improving on MK1 units by adding in Clockwork Crossbows and a MK2 Ironsworn Templar. With movement trays done they're finished! 

IMG_1561.JPG

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 2

5 hours ago, Melcavuk said:

Decided to convert a new freeguild general and human runesmith from Sisters of Battle bits, here's the conversion and the nearly finished models. 

IMG_1574.JPG

IMG_1578.JPG

Very nice, should be a bit of a different theme than the more clockwork elements of the rest of the army!

• Like 2

Putting some paint on my Forgelord, a hulking goliath of a man older than the mountains themselves who has seen more than his share of war, he made home in the City of Midnight alongside those who were lost in part due to its lack of strategic significance and remote location. He had been content to serve out his days at his arcane forge, yet with the Siege Azyrite intensifying and Hammerhalian artillery causing a cave in on his forge this goliath emerged unarmed and unarmoured yet wielded his wrath to tear armour from Sigmar chosen 

IMG_1603.JPG

IMG_1604.JPG

IMG_1605.JPG

IMG_1606.JPG

IMG_1607.JPG

• Like 5
  • LOVE IT! 3