AoS2 - Dankhold Troggoth Discussion

Malakree

On 12/14/2022 at 3:09 PM, Gitzdee said:

I dont think it is likely that we would lose Orruks as allies. It is more likely that synergies could change imho. I think it is great that we can use other Troggoths in our lists and i hope maybe even better rules.

I want to try and run this list next time. It got no casters but it does seem like a fun list imho.

- Army Faction: Gloomspite Gitz
LEADERS
Mollog (175)
     - General
Breaka-boss on Mirebrute Troggoth (180)
BATTLELINE
Fellwater Troggoths (155)
Fellwater Troggoths (155)
Rockgut Troggoths (145)
OTHER
Dankhold Troggoths (170)
TOTAL POINTS: 980/1000

Does Mollog unlock troggoths as battleline? Not sure if it has the troggboss keyword..?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jmason said:

Does Mollog unlock troggoths as battleline? Not sure if it has the troggboss keyword..?

The app allows it. He is a Hero and Troggoth. Dont know what the exact ruling is at the moment.

Edit: Maybe not. I think i already added the battleline with a Troggboss and switched generals after. Too bad XD.

Edited by Gitzdee

50 minutes ago, Gitzdee said:

The app allows it. He is a Hero and Troggoth. Dont know what the exact ruling is at the moment.

Edit: Maybe not. I think i already added the battleline with a Troggboss and switched generals after. Too bad XD.

It’s a bummer, would love to have another option for a general in an all troggs list. Mollogg and hag should both be options, hoping the new book fixes that!

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Lord Krungharr said:

I can't think of another Forgeworld unit that is in a battletome; doubtful the Hag will in the next tome.  But Mollogg probably will be (I see the deer aelves are in the Sylvaneth book), and hopefully he'll do something useful besides look fantastic!

IMO Molloggs current warscroll is slightly underrated. He just suffers from being overcosted, at 130/140 he'd actually be a really solid contender.

50 minutes ago, Lord Krungharr said:

But he doesn't do anything besides being able to issue commands does he?  If the Jabbertoad was able to work better, that would be something.  I'm gonna get the model though, just too good to not paint.

He's a lot tankier than you expect, outputs status effects and does mortal wound damage instead of normal damage. If nothing else at 130 points he's got 11 wounds on a 4+ with regen.

There's also some really janky stuff you can do with movement/piling in because of how his base works.

• Thanks 1

Definitely eagerly awaiting the new book.  Hoping the allied Kruleboyz troggoth units will still be viable/permitted....but also wondering if allied Wurrgog Prophets might be good to take too for extra needed MW output.  Just read a report about Lumineth stoneguards who ignore rend-2 or something.  That's a bit scary!  Need a potent staring contest to deal with that noise.  Plus extra wizardry doesn't hurt.

1 hour ago, Lord Krungharr said:

Definitely eagerly awaiting the new book.  Hoping the allied Kruleboyz troggoth units will still be viable/permitted....but also wondering if allied Wurrgog Prophets might be good to take too for extra needed MW output.  Just read a report about Lumineth stoneguards who ignore rend-2 or something.  That's a bit scary!  Need a potent staring contest to deal with that noise.  Plus extra wizardry doesn't hurt.

The Wurrgog declines in effectiveness hard without the tatoos.

39 minutes ago, Lord Krungharr said:

Skragrott should be able to plant mushrooms into enemy heads and make them do things.  I hope that's a thing we get!  And also control the moon phases too, but not having to be the general to do it (as I recall that's a stipulation currently).

He should just get a "always general" trait. Then let the debuff from his handcannon stack...oh man

• Like 2

• 6 months later...
3 hours ago, Ulfast said:

Because of economics I actually had to stop collecting an army of trolls but I´m thinking to restart again. But is it possibly in the new armybook to play an all troll army?

At warhammerfest a while ago the best performing gloomspite list had 18 rockguts. I want to say there were 2 others in the top 16, all had 15+ rockguts and a dankhold the other had 2 man dankhold squad. Was insane the damage output they had.

You do need at least 1 unit of 20 stabbas and a gobbapoluza, I think 2 of them were running a unit of sporesplattas. Essentially it was a trogg list with the gobo support stuff.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Malakree said:

At warhammerfest a while ago the best performing gloomspite list had 18 rockguts. I want to say there were 2 others in the top 16, all had 15+ rockguts and a dankhold the other had 2 man dankhold squad. Was insane the damage output they had.

You do need at least 1 unit of 20 stabbas and a gobbapoluza, I think 2 of them were running a unit of sporesplattas. Essentially it was a trogg list with the gobo support stuff.

What do stabbas and gobbapalooza add to a trogg list for tournament play? Dont really understand :).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gitzdee said:

What do stabbas and gobbapalooza add to a trogg list for tournament play? Dont really understand :).

Gobbapalooza gives a bunch of buffs and provides 2 unbinds. The extra rend especially is horrendous if you combine it with the fellwaters no positive save buffs. You get dankhold troggs to -4 rend and the opponent can't get +save, almost every unit in the game now has no save.

The stabbas are a classic screen, you sit the troggs 2.5" behind them, this means anything which charges the stabbas brings the troggs into combat but can't attack them till after they activate unless they have a 3" range. It's a way to ensure your opponent doesn't get to decimate your big expensive trogg unit before they get to attack.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Ulfast said:

Because of economics I actually had to stop collecting an army of trolls but I´m thinking to restart again. But is it possibly in the new armybook to play an all troll army?

For casual play its easy to build an all Troggoth list. Could also ally the 2 Kruleboyz Troggoths or use Mollogs mob from Underworlds if u want some more options. 

There is also the rumour about a new big Troggoth model for Gitz.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Gitzdee said:

For casual play its easy to build an all Troggoth list. Could also ally the 2 Kruleboyz Troggoths or use Mollogs mob from Underworlds if u want some more options. 

There is also the rumour about a new big Troggoth model for Gitz.

This is definitely worth highlighting. The difference between competitive tournament play/list building and casual play is huge. List building can even vary wildly between "casual just for fun" tournaments and serious competitive tournaments.

EDIT: There are two clubs near me, one is my club and its members regularly go to tournaments. The other is a more generic local board/card gaming club. If I were to go to the "local" club and take my tournament list nobody would want to play me. The list is to domineering and they just want to play with their toys.

Edited by Malakree
  • Like 1