Mitzy's Destruction Army The Meatmen of Mitzmanheim

Mitzy

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, Chris Tomlin said:

So good @Mitzy, so so good!

Also love the Ogor slave with the Brutes, that's a cool touch aesthetically. Personally though, I'm not a fan of the "unit filler" multi basing though. Seems potentially messy in game, especially with a key piece like the Gore-choppa.

Can't wait to see them painted!

Cheers Chris, I'm really chuffed with the new MB, and last night he kicked the snot out of a treelord and Drycha to name but a few :) you need to have faith when it comes to the unit filler, it will work I promise ;) 

12 hours ago, Mitzy said:

Cheers Chris, I'm really chuffed with the new MB, and last night he kicked the snot out of a treelord and Drycha to name but a few :) you need to have faith when it comes to the unit filler, it will work I promise ;) 

Haha was that @Jimbo's Drycha? If so she does not like Megabosses. Krunk gave her a good kick in as well.

Visually I know it's gonna look great, just concerned in game. I'm sure it'll be fine though mate.

27 minutes ago, Chris Tomlin said:

Haha was that @Jimbo's Drycha? If so she does not like Megabosses. Krunk gave her a good kick in as well.

Visually I know it's gonna look great, just concerned in game. I'm sure it'll be fine though mate.

Yup it was indeed @Jimbo 's, she got her head well and truly caved in by a well placed size 24 boot :)  

Ok, just found this thread and wow...  Just WOW.  Oh, and WAAAAAAAAGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

So, I've looked at the pics up to this point.  Your models are amazing.  I'm going to need to carve out some time to actually read all of this thread at some point.

Love the boss w/the barrels, and the gore gruntas, and... well... All of it really.  Thank you for sharing.

1 hour ago, MechaBriZilla said:

Ok, just found this thread and wow...  Just WOW.  Oh, and WAAAAAAAAGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

So, I've looked at the pics up to this point.  Your models are amazing.  I'm going to need to carve out some time to actually read all of this thread at some point.

Love the boss w/the barrels, and the gore gruntas, and... well... All of it really.  Thank you for sharing.

You are more than welcome my friend :) many thanks for the feedback and enjoy... I have 15 brutes on the go at the moment so keep your eyes peeled!

Oh and WAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH back at you bro :) 

So I am plodding away on the brutes, I have 15 built primed and in various stages of base coat. But I got distracted...

Yes that's right I went and got me some Bonesplitters, specifically 40 Savage Orruks. The arrival of these stopped the brute painting dead as I rushed to build me some Savages.

Oh what a ball ache though! I guess that is the downside to repackaged old models? Every single part on the sprues have mould lines, and I don't mean small insignificant ones either, I spent 3 hours literally prepping the bodies of 20 Savage Orruks. This has I admit sucked the fun out of them right now, but I'm hoping the time invested on the prep work is repaid when I prime them green and just pick out the bones and leather!

I'm hoping for a quick paint time... Let's wait and see!

received_10154586249329009.jpeg

15 hours ago, Malakithe said:

What's your list/plans for the Bonesplitterz? @Mitzy @Dez

At this stage I am building/painting the 30 so that I can use them to open up the Destruction Grand Alliance, other than Ogres I have no Destruction battleline units (Orruks are in the pipeline but at the back of the queue). My first draft 2k list looks something like this:

Leaders
Orruk Megaboss (140)
Orruk Megaboss (140)
Orruk Warchanter (80)
Orruk Warchanter (80)

Units
Savage Orruks x 10 (100) (Battleline)
Savage Orruks x 10 (100) (Battleline)
Orruk Brutes x 10 (360)
Orruk Brutes x 10 (360)

Behemoths
Rogue Idol (480)

War Machines

Batallions
Ironfist (60)

Total: 2000/2000

The reason behind it is primarily I want to field the Rogue Idol I love the model and it will be a centrepiece in the army when I don't field the Mawkrusha. Will it work? Who knows, I'm trialling it on Tuesday evening, so time will tell...

Quick update, I've been busy trying to get 15 Brutes painted for a 6 player mega game we are running on Friday night, I really want them finished to completion but I may have to go back to them for a few odds and sods, but here is where they are at this point after a nice relaxing bath in the Agrax pot :) 

2016-09-13 23.08.14.jpg

Looking good so far! Those bits of yellow are really popping, almost to the exclusion of the turquoise. That or there are only a few models with the turqoise on them yet :)  

I've been chugging along painting up Ironjawz myself, I'll post up my #wipwednesday soon!

On ‎09‎/‎09‎/‎2016 at 10:05 AM, Mitzy said:

At this stage I am building/painting the 30 so that I can use them to open up the Destruction Grand Alliance, other than Ogres I have no Destruction battleline units (Orruks are in the pipeline but at the back of the queue). My first draft 2k list looks something like this:

Leaders
Orruk Megaboss (140)
Orruk Megaboss (140)
Orruk Warchanter (80)
Orruk Warchanter (80)

Units
Savage Orruks x 10 (100) (Battleline)
Orruk Brutes x 10 (360)
Orruk Brutes x 10 (360)

Behemoths
Rogue Idol (480)

War Machines

Batallions
Ironfist (60)

Total: 2000/2000

The reason behind it is primarily I want to field the Rogue Idol I love the model and it will be a centrepiece in the army when I don't field the Mawkrusha. Will it work? Who knows, I'm trialling it on Tuesday evening, so time will tell...

Haha...too weird, that's super similar to my proposed list for Clash!!! Like you I am painting up 30 Savage Orruks purely with the intention of opening up the whole of Destruction - specifically I want to get my Rogue Idol conversion done as a new centrepiece.

Funny how I'm seeing more and more double Megaboss, double Warchanter lists popping up. Personally I think it's a very solid choice that we will eventually see more and more of.

Sorry to break it to you (again), but you have an illegal list. Need to split down one of those units of Brutes to 2x 5 in order to fulfil the Ironfist. Or, if you want 2x 10 (which with the double character setup, I think you do), drop the Ironfist altogether and get a Grot Shaman!

Also, the Brutes are looking great man. Such awesome models to paint, they basically paint themselves. I have 20 painted now and am ordering 10 more this weekend.

Which Tournaments you signed up for bro?

2 hours ago, Chris Tomlin said:

Haha...too weird, that's super similar to my proposed list for Clash!!! Like you I am painting up 30 Savage Orruks purely with the intention of opening up the whole of Destruction - specifically I want to get my Rogue Idol conversion done as a new centrepiece.

Do it mate, I think the Rogue Idol is a great addition to a destruction list, not the best from a competitive side but adds some propper Orky Chaos :)

Funny how I'm seeing more and more double Megaboss, double Warchanter lists popping up. Personally I think it's a very solid choice that we will eventually see more and more of.

This is such a good combo, I definitely think we will see a rise in the double double!

Sorry to break it to you (again), but you have an illegal list. Need to split down one of those units of Brutes to 2x 5 in order to fulfil the Ironfist. Or, if you want 2x 10 (which with the double character setup, I think you do), drop the Ironfist altogether and get a Grot Shaman!

See I'm just SOOO good at list writing ;) but yes it would be 10, 5 & 5 although 10, 10 & 5 would be better! Or as you say loose the Ironfist altogether, hmmm...

Also, the Brutes are looking great man. Such awesome models to paint, they basically paint themselves. I have 20 painted now and am ordering 10 more this weekend.

Which Tournaments you signed up for bro?

Cheers matey, I love the minis, I've really had to do a Tomlin and work hard to get them to tabletop for tonight, Sadly the skin and weapons aren't finished but they are in a tabletop state ready to wage war across the realms of Hilton in about 3 hours. Keep an eye on Twitter as there is a 6 player bun fight going on tonight!!!

Here is a couple of photos of them as they stand for tonight's shenanigans... 

2016-09-15 21.19.15.jpg

2016-09-15 21.19.30.jpg

On 9/14/2016 at 2:30 PM, Dez said:

Looking good so far! Those bits of yellow are really popping, almost to the exclusion of the turquoise. That or there are only a few models with the turqoise on them yet :)  

I've been chugging along painting up Ironjawz myself, I'll post up my #wipwednesday soon!

The Turquoise has now been highlighted and looks much brighter...

• 1 month later...

WOW...........

it just goes to show how much effort and time goes in to running an event! My last post on here was on the 16th September! 

As you probably know I am one of the four guys running RAW in November. The event is putting a massive strain on my personal hobby time as we have embarked on a mass terrain build to make sure every table has its own bespoke terrain to help bring the narrative to life for all the players.

I'm not complaining as we are passionate about RAW and want each and every player to have the very best gaming experience possible.

But it has meant that the Meatmen have been largely ignored!

Whilst I don't have any Orruk goodness to show you tonight I do have a photo of two pieces of terrain that I painted last night for our Realm of Beasts boards.

The realm is inhabited by a tribe of Orruks and there will be a full on encampment. Of course no Orruk camp is complete without a shrine to Gork and Mork and a totem pole!

As the pieces will form part of my personal terrain collection I simply had to paint them up so that they sat within my Meatmen theme...

I hope you enjoy them and promise that as soon as the RAW terrain is finished I'll be back to full on Orrukyness!

IMG_0433.JPG

• 1 month later...

I'm BAAAAAAAAACK..... WOW last post way back on the 19th October! So that RAW16 event really took it out of me. Almost three whole months of nothing but terrain building! But boy was it worth it! if anyone didn't catch the gazillion posts on Twitter go take a look, search for #RAW16 as there's loads of photos kicking about.

Anyway I was particularly pleased with how the Realm of Beasts tables came out and for those of you following my thread here are some photos of the 24' x 4' tables which included an Orruk encampment (including the Gork & Mork shrine and totum I posted back in October).

IMG_5960.jpg

IMG_5961.jpg

IMG_5962.jpg

IMG_5963.jpg

IMG_5964.jpg

IMG_5965.jpg

IMG_5966.jpg

IMG_5967.jpg

IMG_5969.jpg

@Mitzy - Man...those tables!! Sooo cool. That's the one realm I didn't play in. If I had my Ironjawz I'd have loved to play on them. As it was, The Venetian Court would have looked a little out of place I guess!!

I like the list and funnily enough I was working on some equally uncompetitive Destruction army lists to work towards for next year this morning!! Just need to sort a left arm so I can crack on with my Idol.

How much of that list do you have to paint? Should look great all together.

Glad to see this thread revived. I'm sure we can inspire each other to stay motivated and we absolutely have to get Da Black Sunz facing off against the Meatmen of Mitzmanheim in 2017!! Perhaps we could do a full feature battle report for this forum, with pics etc. Could be cool.

x

To clarify and put a little perspective in to the design of the list. Firstly this is going to be a pretty army (all Orrucks & Goblins are pretty right?), it is designed with only one trophy in mind (not a podium one!). That's right I want to see if I can get a few more best painted awards in 2017 and this army I think gives me a good chance of acheiving this most sort after accolade...

I have a large centrepiece (The Idol), some converted characters, some nice new units (the grots, nasty stalkers and Orruk boys) and a good idea on how to display the Meatmen of Mitzmanheim to their full ability.

I want to take them back to their real namesake, the town of Mitzmanheim... I'll post WIP's of the new units as I add them (some just got ordered a few minutes ago!) but this is going to be fun :)

Archived