Lore Question - Famous heroes of the Age of Myth?

Nin Win

So has anyone come across any mentions of named personalities from the Age of Myth that are not the current pantheon of gods?  I know some beasts are mentioned and Sigmar occasionally defeats some foe that can occasionally be named, but are there any you think are worth mentioning?

I'm finalising the scenarios for a campaign that is a struggle for the soul of just such an ancient being.  Anyone have any idea who or what would be a good candidate for the object of a quest for an ancient tomb?

Hm, there is not really much about the Age of Myth, after most of the background is made for the Age of Sigmar (beginning of the Realmgate Wars) or Age of Chaos.

You are playing in a part of a realm, that you created or in an exiting part.

If it is the first case, you can basicly create your own history, as long as you don't use existing named Characters (the same way as Dungeon Master would do in a Roleplaying Game).

Good ideas.

In the end I decided to put it as an easter egg for one of the players in the campaign.  The name is the same as his first Dungeons & Dragons character from our campaign back in the day.  I wonder if he'll remember it.

In the future though, I'll definitely go for the world that was.  What a cool thing to just have their tomb just be in one of the mortal realms.  Why or how that got there being a big mystery.  Certainly souls worth warring over.

5 hours ago, Nin Win said:

So has anyone come across any mentions of named personalities from the Age of Myth that are not the current pantheon of gods?  I know some beasts are mentioned and Sigmar occasionally defeats some foe that can occasionally be named, but are there any you think are worth mentioning?

I'm finalising the scenarios for a campaign that is a struggle for the soul of just such an ancient being.  Anyone have any idea who or what would be a good candidate for the object of a quest for an ancient tomb?

There is a lot of inspiration to be drawn from the Core Book chapters dedicated to Aqshy, Ghyran, Shyish and Chamon. 

For example, in Aqshy's Great Parch chapter there is mention of several tribes of old, notably the Direbrands, and some of their leaders like Varrus Blackfist (an ancestor of Vendel Blackfist aka Vandus Hammerhand) : see the Core Book page 86.

I rememebr reading Nagash defeated many of Gods of the Dead to become the supreme overlord/god of the Dead. I'd imagine the Age of Myth to be full of stories of many many Gods, Godbeasts, Titans, deities etc fighting for control in the primordial realms. Which I think makes for a great "make your own story". Would be great if those old gods and heroes were some fo the old warhammer world heroes that died before the Age of Sigmar, or maybe have been trapped or improsoned like Slaanesh. 

Archived