Time to go digital.

10 minutes ago, TheOtherJosh said:

So, which ones got updated? Because I’m not seeing it :( 

On my ipad in iTunes Ko, Dok, doT, Idoneth Deepkin and malign portents got updated.  These are the books I have on my ipad. There are probably more.  You have to do it manually. They show up in the purchased section which has an icon in the bottom right corner of the screen.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Chikout said:

On my ipad in iTunes Ko, Dok, doT, Idoneth Deepkin and malign portents got updated.  These are the books I have on my ipad. There are probably more.  You have to do it manually. They show up in the purchased section which has an icon in the bottom right corner of the screen.

And Skirmish got updated.... had to pull that from the Warhammer Digital site...

23 minutes ago, Chikout said:

Did they by chance update the points in the back of DoT? (That would be amusing.)

11 minutes ago, Ravinsild said:

Do they do this with Azyr as well? How do you buy standalone GW products in iTunes?

It’s in the iBooks store. (The iBooks app) select “search” For “Age Of Sigmar” at that will pull up the available Age Of Sigmar items (including battletomes and novels)

Unsure If they are doing updates to the “Enhanced editions” or not.

Just now, TheOtherJosh said:

It’s in the iBooks store. (The iBooks app) select “search” For “Age Of Sigmar”

Well I already bought them Azyr and I plan on buying the core books (GHB, Rules and MP) in the Warlords set so I don’t want to buy stuff a 3rd time. I already bought a digital and physical copy of the Battletomes for my armies as wel zzzz. 

4 minutes ago, Jjfiv3 said:

I really hope they update the books in the AoS app. My Khorne book hasn’t changed. Maybe with a future app update?

Try deleting the book from the device and re-downloading it from your library, perhaps? (like you used to have to do for the war scrolls to get the updates.)

2 minutes ago, TheOtherJosh said:

Try deleting the book from the device and re-downloading it, perhaps?

I’ve tried both deleting the book and the app itself but no luck. Maybe it’s tied to a future update ☹️

I'll be sticking with physical. I just prefer to hold a thing I've paid for when possible. I still buy CD s (average 1 per week), physical video game discs, and novels as well.  Interestingly, digital WD just got canned but physical remains.

Heck, I even shell out the extra moolah for some special edition Battletomes and books.

17 minutes ago, Sleboda said:

I'll be sticking with physical. I just prefer to hold a thing I've paid for when possible. I still buy CD s (average 1 per week), physical video game discs, and novels as well.  Interestingly, digital WD just got canned but physical remains.

Heck, I even shell out the extra moolah for some special edition Battletomes and books.

Yeah... the Digital WD should just be rolled into an epub3 with no fancy formatting IMO...

The updated edition DoT review:

All of the FAQs were input. (Though missed FAQ’s were not ... such as the Gaunt Summoner Rules for “Book Of Profane Secrets” ...)

Partial Points were updated in the points list in the back. (Pinks, Tzaangor, Acolytes got the update, LoC and Kairos did not ... as an example)

Fluff text in the unit profiles was often cleared to make space for updated text.

Fate point Summoning Table was added, the faq updated spells/Artefacts/Command Traits were all fixed. (They had to do a formatting page re-flow for the Command Traits.)

Pink Horrors have a remnant Of “”CHAOS WIZARDS know the summon pink horror spell ...”

Overall really pleased with the faq update.

On 7/9/2018 at 9:04 AM, Karol said:

I envy people that can do that. Stores here don't like people using digital rules, because they don't sell them and because it is hard to check if it is the legal thing or just a download. I hope that if GW goes full digital in the future they will still leave the option to buy actual books to people. 

Of course if they do go all digital then the Stores will presumably have to get with the time and start accepting them. 

21 minutes ago, Naflem said:

Of course if they do go all digital then the Stores will presumably have to get with the time and start accepting them. 

any person who decides to get only the digital book, will not be able to play at the store. So all first people that try to do it, will have spent money on models, the digital books and have no where to play. To this day no one has tried it, and probablly no one will.  Well maybe if they reintreduce paid tables like it was supposably in the past, but am not sure I would want that. 8-10 games and you just used up enough money for a hero or box of troops.

By the way I personally wouldn't mind if GW added digital codes to their printed books.

22 minutes ago, Karol said:

any person who decides to get only the digital book, will not be able to play at the store. So all first people that try to do it, will have spent money on models, the digital books and have no where to play. To this day no one has tried it, and probablly no one will.  Well maybe if they reintreduce paid tables like it was supposably in the past, but am not sure I would want that. 8-10 games and you just used up enough money for a hero or box of troops. 

By the way I personally wouldn't mind if GW added digital codes to their printed books.

Sorry, I meant to say if Games Workshop does decided to go all digital, presumably that Store (and any other Stores that are similar) would have to start accepting digital copies. 

5 minutes ago, Naflem said:

Sorry, I meant to say if Games Workshop does decided to go all digital, presumably that Store (and any other Stores that are similar) would have to start accepting digital copies. 

They’re not likely to go digital because folks like to have paper in hand ... and it doesn’t require batteries that die at inopportune times ... ;) 

I am also using all the battletomes via ibooks/itunes and loaded all the updates. 

Great work!  When I play tournaments, you just have all the rules ready without carrying all the books.

In addition I use the AOS app with azyr for a comfortable army building.

so I totally agree with theotherJosh

28 minutes ago, Naflem said:

Ah ok, I think that here they would just stop supporting GW games, they already make most of their money from ccg and board games.  Again globaly I don't know how it would work. Sometimes I think that to play GW games you need a smart phone or tablet, a car to transport your models, because there is no way to transport something like multiple archeons by hand, and in the end game a house or at least a flat dedicted only to playing. ?

Okay, further analysis of the Disciples of Tzeentch content update for the June 28th iBooks version, there's a couple issues

Items Incorrect/Missing from the June 28th FAQ/Errata Updated Disciples of Tzeentch iBooks ePub

p.76 - Magical Supremacy (Incorrect wording for Arcanites and Daemons)

• TZEENTCH ARCANITES : Magical Supremacy (still using the old wording of 27” unbind)
  • TZEENTCH DAEMONS: Magical Supremacy (Still using the old wording of 27” unbind)

p. 76 - Cult Demagogue (Run-on wording? Repeats ‘TZEENTCH ARCANITES that are within 9” of your general”)

• “5. Cult Demagogue Cult Demagogue: Add 2 to the Bravery characteristic of friendly Tzeentch Arcanite units whilst they are within 9" of the general.TZEENTCH ARCANITESthat are within 9" of your general”

p.77 Ambition’s End - HERO and WIZARD are not keyword bold in updated text

p. 104 - Missing the FAQ – Scintillating Simulacra

• Needs to add the following: ‘For the purposes of this spell, whether a roll is a success or a failure is determined after re-rolls and modifiers have been applied.’

p. 106 - Arcanite Cabal - WIZARD and WIZARDS is not keyword bold in updated text

P. 115-123 Partial Wording left in for the ‘Chaos Wizards know [...] Summon...”

Spoiler

p. 115 - Lord of Change

“CHAOS WIZARDSknow the Summon Lord of Change spell, in addition to any others they know.”

p. 117 - Herald of Tzeentch on Burning Chariot

“CHAOS WIZARDSknow the Summon Burning Herald spell, in addition to any others they know.”

p. 118 - Herald of Tzeentch on Disc

“CHAOS WIZARDSknow the Summon Herald on Disc spell, in addition to any others they know.”

p. 119 - Herald of Tzeentch

“CHAOS WIZARDSknow the Summon Herald of Tzeentch spell, in addition to any others they know.”

p. 120 - Screamers of Tzeentch

“MAGIC

CHAOS WIZARDSknow the Summon Screamers spell, in addition to any others they know.”

p. 121 - Burning Chariots of Tzeentch

“MAGIC

CHAOS WIZARDSknow the Summon Burning Chariot spell, in addition to any others they know.”

p. 122 - Exalted Flamers of Tzeentch

“MAGIC 

CHAOS WIZARDSknow the Summon Exalted Flamer spell, in addition to any others they know.”

P. 123 - Pink Horrors of Tzeentch

“CHAOS WIZARDSknow the Summon Pink Horrors spell, in addition to any others they know.”

P.133 - Not all Pitched Battle Profiles were updated, and there are Incorrect values for some of the units (other units are correct)

Spoiler

Unit Name, Incorrect Listed Value, Correct Value

Herald of Tzeentch, 120, 140

Herald of Tzeentch on Disc, 120, 140

Kairos Fateweaver, 340, 380

Lord of Change, 300, 380

Blue Horrors of Tzeentch, 50, 100

Brimstone Horrors of Tzeentch, 40, 70

Exalted Flamers of Tzeentch, 120, 100

Flamers of Tzeentch, 200, 160

Screamers of Tzeentch, 140, 100

Chaos Spawn 60, 50

Magister, 120, 140

Ogroid Thaumaturge, 160, 180

Tzaangor Shaman, 120, 180

Tzaangor Skyfires, 160, 220

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone have any thoughts on iBooks vs the AoS app? It seems like they are updated much better on iBooks reading the thread here 

I've just started with AoS and bought a couple of books on the app but now I'm wondering if it was a much better idea to get them on iBooks.

Thanks

Archived