Icefall Yhetees in AoS 2nd Edition

Dmuerto

In the new generals handbook the Icefall Yhetees have a line in their "NOTES" section which reads: "Battleline in Beastclaw raiders army if general is mounted on a thundertusk".

Does it mean that that general can also be a Huskard on a Thundertusk and not necessarily a Frostlord on a Thundertusk? 

Ty in advance!

6 minutes ago, Dmuerto said:

In the new generals handbook the Icefall Yhetees have a line in their "NOTES" section which reads: "Battleline in Beastclaw raiders army if general is mounted on a thundertusk".

Does it mean that that general can also be a Huskard on a Thundertusk and not necessarily a Frostlord on a Thundertusk? 

Ty in advance!

yes

1 hour ago, PlasticCraic said:

Or even (technically) Thundertusk Beastriders. 

But I can't think of any advantage to exploiting that (not through lack of trying). 

I don't think Beastriders can be your general...

Based on the core rules you definitely can. It's just "select a model".

Based on the matched play rules in GH18 you definitely can't. I've just seen a photo that I will not post here, that specifies that in matched play you do not choose a new general when yours is slain, and your general must be a leader. 

Wasn't a good idea anyway!

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/28/2018 at 3:18 PM, PlasticCraic said:

Based on the core rules you definitely can. It's just "select a model".

Based on the matched play rules in GH18 you definitely can't. I've just seen a photo that I will not post here, that specifies that in matched play you do not choose a new general when yours is slain, and your general must be a leader. 

Wasn't a good idea anyway!

Absolutely correct. Core says model. Matched play says HERO model ?

@Kramer not quite! It's a Leader (battlefield role), not necessarily a Hero (keyword).

There's a huge overlap, but a Troggoth Hag for example can't be your General because she's not a Leader despite being a Hero (check out the updated FW pdf).

Whether that's deliberate is questionable, given the rolling and ongoing  issues this launch has been having. But there ya go. 

2 minutes ago, Izikail said:

Witch means all the fungoids people have been taking as a general for the cmd ability, dosnt wok

You are incorrect, the malian portent faq says that they can be made the general of your army even if it doesn't share a keyword with your aliance, but you don't get a command trait.

Not the worst trade in the world.

Edit: Also in the faq you can put the shaman in your army even if you usually can't ally with moonclan. Uses part of your ally points but not the 1 in 4 rule.

Archived