AoS 2 - Seraphon Discussion

Chris Tomlin

2 hours ago, SirSalabean said:

Hi all! I’ve got two start collecting skinks, and two boxes of skinks and two stagadons do I need anything else or am I good to go? I have no clue when it comes to list building I mainly just wanted a cool skink army and to try and avoid the older models in the rank. 

I'd say Lord Kroak is a GREAT add to any seraphon army... BUT... he is about to get a new model! So I'd wait to see what his new warscroll will be.

But yes, what you have will be a ton of fun! Hordes of skinks (with the mortal wound buff from Starpriests) back up by some big dinos is great way to play seraphon!

Obviously SKinks shine in Fangs of Sotek... but those models could also be pretty good in Thunderlizard!

EoTG
Skink Chief on Steggy
2x StarPriests
2x Priests
70x Skinks
2x Bastildons

That is alot of firepower! Double firing the Bastildons in Thunderlizards is where they really make up their point cost! Just beware the lower bravery of Skinks in Coalesced.

A great add if you have an extra 40 points is a Bound Burning Head. Lets both Bastiladons reroll hits of 1.

1 hour ago, Calebexnihilo said:

I'd say Lord Kroak is a GREAT add to any seraphon army... BUT... he is about to get a new model! So I'd wait to see what his new warscroll will be.

But yes, what you have will be a ton of fun! Hordes of skinks (with the mortal wound buff from Starpriests) back up by some big dinos is great way to play seraphon!

Obviously SKinks shine in Fangs of Sotek... but those models could also be pretty good in Thunderlizard!

EoTG
Skink Chief on Steggy
2x StarPriests
2x Priests
70x Skinks
2x Bastildons

That is alot of firepower! Double firing the Bastildons in Thunderlizards is where they really make up their point cost! Just beware the lower bravery of Skinks in Coalesced.

A great add if you have an extra 40 points is a Bound Burning Head. Lets both Bastiladons reroll hits of 1.

Thank you! How would you suggest building each unit/big model? 

8 minutes ago, SirSalabean said:

Thank you! How would you suggest building each unit/big model? 

Skinks = Blowpipes and shields
Flappy Bois  = Terradon Riders
Bastiladons = Solar Engine
Stegadons = To be honest, all the variants kinda look the same. I'd imagine most people won't mind you playing the model as any of the variants. The EoTG is great in some instances (especially in Thunderlizard). The Steggy Chief is great all around. The Skystreak Bow is my favorite for the stegadons. 

27 minutes ago, Calebexnihilo said:

Skinks = Blowpipes and shields
Flappy Bois  = Terradon Riders
Bastiladons = Solar Engine
Stegadons = To be honest, all the variants kinda look the same. I'd imagine most people won't mind you playing the model as any of the variants. The EoTG is great in some instances (especially in Thunderlizard). The Steggy Chief is great all around. The Skystreak Bow is my favorite for the stegadons. 

Thank you so much this helps a lot I’ll be getting Kroak too when he comes out as his model looks amazing 

• Like 1

image0.jpg?width=341&height=454

So first look at new Kroak, he's lost his shrug, he's lost his 4+ CP for a 5+, he now however has more wounds, a better move, no longer access to balewind due to wound count, a flat +2 to cast all the time as well as a really swingy rule to interact with summoning.

I think he will sit at 460 points. 

1 hour ago, baiardo said:

What is this than?

krok.jpg

That is Kroak's old old scroll from before the new book.

4 hours ago, AaronWilson said:

-snip-

Really interesting, I'd love to see his spells to see how those are affected. Really good point on him not being able to use BWV any more but I get the feeling that model is getting phased out anyway.

I don't know how I feel about that summoning ability. It feels like it might be a bit oppressive over the course of a game.

The 'falls asleep' rule is kind of fun but I'm intrigued to know if when he falls asleep and generates CCP if coalesced can do anything with them. I wouldn't have thought so but the fact that it goes to the trouble of spelling that out makes me curious.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, AaronWilson said:

So first look at new Kroak, he's lost his shrug, he's lost his 4+ CP for a 5+, he now however has more wounds, a better move, no longer access to balewind due to wound count, a flat +2 to cast all the time as well as a really swingy rule to interact with summoning.

I think he will sit at 460 points. 

Guys in rumors discussion are saying that's confirmed fake

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

We're running a escalation league play of AOS 3.0 at our local gaming store and were starting out at 500 points. You can only have two battle line units with no reinforcement rules, 1 Leader (General) and 1 Hero. What do you guys think of this load out or do you have another idea.

Battle line unit number One: 5 Saurus Knight's with War Spears (110 points) (Coalesced, Koatl's Claw)

Battle line unit number Two: 5 Saurus Knight's with War Spears (110 points) (Coalesced, Koatl's Claw)

General: 1 Saurus Scar-Vet on Cold One (Coalesced, Koatl's Claw) (110 Points)

Hero: 1 Skink StarPriest (Hand of Glory spell) (Coalesced, Koatl's Claw) (130 points)

Total points: 460 (Triumph: Inspired (+1 to wound)

*I could go with the Skink Star Seer instead and still be under 500 points, but I took the Star Priest instead for his staff ability he can put on a unit of Knight's and he has a better speed (8) than the Seer at (5).

Thoughts?