AoS 2 - Legion Of Azgorh Discussion

Gaz Taylor

On 8/3/2019 at 12:40 AM, Grdaat said:

With that setup you might want to just take Chaos as your allegiance, since you can use Dark Avenger or Lord of War to boost those units of Fireglaives. Dark Avenger against Order units with them would be disgusting.

I dont think it would be legal to run as generic Chaos, as Fireglaives are only Battleline if your allegiance is Legions of Azgorh. 

You would have to bring 3 units of ironsworn or Another generic Chaos battleline. 

I still dont See the worth in generic Chaos. Dark avenger was changed with aos 2.0. It only adds +1 hit for the General against order.  (Instead of +1 hit to units nearby)

Crown of Commands is only 6" ignore battleshock. Might help a Big kdaai unit or some centaurs, but there are much better artefact options.

There might be the usual Chaos battle trait combined with the command trait for 5+ to add One hit to a unit when it attacks 

Using this ability on all units should procc sometimes, but i would Not rely on 5s.

Edited by Charly2912

7 hours ago, Poppityping said:

I dont think it would be legal to run as generic Chaos, as Fireglaives are only Battleline if your allegiance is Legions of Azgorh. 

That's true, you'd need some more Ironsworn or some cheaper option from a different faction, but I think you could still probably do it with 5 or so Fireglaives.

7 hours ago, Charly2912 said:

You would have to bring 3 units of ironsworn or Another generic Chaos battleline. 

I still dont See the worth in generic Chaos. Dark avenger was changed with aos 2.0. It only adds +1 hit for the General against order.  (Instead of +1 hit to units nearby)

Crown of Commands is only 6" ignore battleshock. Might help a Big kdaai unit or some centaurs, but there are much better artefact options.

There might be the usual Chaos battle trait combined with the command trait for 5+ to add One hit to a unit when it attacks

Using this ability on all units should procc sometimes, but i would Not rely on 5s.

So is the app very out of date then? That's what I had been using because I know they update it frequently with the changes made in stuff like the FAQ's, and I thought it would be very odd if their Chaos Allegiance bit was two whole years out of date.

Finally got some time to finish my last skullcracker and magma cannon.  Those ogor Iron blasters go along way to making war engines!   I have the really old metal whirlwind and tenderizer as my other skullcrackers so I thought a giant metal mouth would be a good variety to add to the mix  

BFB1AAB6-8FCC-4DE9-8FC3-DEFA70817661.jpeg

BF3DDA6E-0C2D-4C45-A5A2-13E94BC10F00.jpeg

Edited by Lord Krungharr
Added a comment
  • Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

12 hours ago, Grdaat said:

So is the app very out of date then? That's what I had been using because I know they update it frequently with the changes made in stuff like the FAQ's, and I thought it would be very odd if their Chaos Allegiance bit was two whole years out of date.

Quoting myself here because the AoS app is out of date, by two years in fact and it doesn't include an up to date version of the Chaos Allegiance Abilities/Artefacts, my mistake.

23 hours ago, Lord Krungharr said:

Finally got some time to finish my last skullcracker and magma cannon.  Those ogor Iron blasters go along way to making war engines!   I have the really old metal whirlwind and tenderizer as my other skullcrackers so I thought a giant metal mouth would be a good variety to add to the mix  

BFB1AAB6-8FCC-4DE9-8FC3-DEFA70817661.jpeg

BF3DDA6E-0C2D-4C45-A5A2-13E94BC10F00.jpeg

Wow awesome work mate. Love your dedication and creativity. Keep it up! :)

On 8/7/2019 at 8:13 AM, Grdaat said:

Quoting myself here because the AoS app is out of date, by two years in fact and it doesn't include an up to date version of the Chaos Allegiance Abilities/Artefacts, my mistake.

I rather hoped i was wrong and missed something, because it sounded quite Good :D

Edited by Charly2912

14 minutes ago, Charly2912 said:

I rather hoped i was wrong and missed something, because it sounded quite Good :D

Yeah, it would've been a good idea, and aside from one ability that Chaos has to give only a single unit +1 to hit (on a 4+) I'm not too sure where else we can get boosts for the Fireglaives.

Edited by Grdaat

On 8/1/2019 at 11:58 PM, Grdaat said:

What I was thinking is if I took something like a Mammoth, my opponents would be so busy dealing with it that they'd be neglecting my Maga Cannons and Fireglaives. I'd like to bring along something good to help beef up my army in a major way and so a monster like a Mammoth seemed like a good idea. Their rules also seemed really good, and I was curious if other people thought so as well. I take it you're in favour of them, base size aside?

Did you come to test the Mammoth in LoA already? I am actually interested in one, because I have some spare over chaos dwarves which I'd like to put up on it. Very interested on how it works in our army.

The next problem is just to find one 😂

I got a big plastic toy mammoth and plan to convert it into an AoS-worthy model.  Super hard to find that old Forgeworld model, especially for a decent price.   I usually see a Nurgle player using one, but one other time at Adepticon 2019 I saw another.  I really wish someone would use 4 and do a battle report.

46 minutes ago, Charly2912 said:

Did you come to test the Mammoth in LoA already? I am actually interested in one, because I have some spare over chaos dwarves which I'd like to put up on it. Very interested on how it works in our army.

The next problem is just to find one 😂

Not yet, I'd found a guy who sold it, but with the shipping time it would probably be here between October to November. I'd link them, but I have doubts they're a legit seller and I don't think people here would appreciate linking a possible recaster.

16 hours ago, Lord Krungharr said:

I got a big plastic toy mammoth and plan to convert it into an AoS-worthy model.  Super hard to find that old Forgeworld model, especially for a decent price.   I usually see a Nurgle player using one, but one other time at Adepticon 2019 I saw another.  I really wish someone would use 4 and do a battle report.

On Youtube there is one with 2 mammoths, but its rather old and both mammoths get torn apart by that FW Khorne Dragon. So not quite the view.. :D What Toy Mammoth do you have and how big is it? Usually the most you can find dont have the right size.

Edit: Just found it 

Edited by Charly2912
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Grdaat said:

Not yet, I'd found a guy who sold it, but with the shipping time it would probably be here between October to November. I'd link them, but I have doubts they're a legit seller and I don't think people here would appreciate linking a possible recaster.

Usually im no fan of recasts, but its slightly different when the original miniature is not available anymore. 🤔

I'll snap a picture of the toy mammoth I found.  It's sufficiently huge; I think from some Chinese museum style toy company.  Will for sure take some heavy conversion therapy; the top parts of my Skaven Gnawholes can be structure for the howdah.  Gotta find something to start off a statue of Hashut for my ziggurat display board too.  I have a toy in mind but hard to find....

On 7/31/2019 at 9:55 AM, Poppityping said:

Hi everyone. I just finished reading the Warcry short story the iron promise, as it heavily features chaos dwarfs (or 1 at least). There is a very curious passage from the story however, where the chaos dwarf states that they "tricked a god into raising this mountain for us, and took his secrets" 

IMG_20190731_140748.jpg

I can help! So in Josh Reynolds' book Spear of Shadows, he talks about the Furnace Kings: Dwarfen smiths and slavers who betrayed Grungni and joined Chaos. Grungni himself manifested within their halls and cast them down, scattering them from their homeland (but not destroying them all).

I suspect this Dwarf is a descendant of those Furnace Kings and telling his people's version of the tale, where they duped Grungni instead of being traitors.  The Furnace Kings are clearly at least one version of Chaos Dwarfs within the Mortal Realms.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Getting prepped for a big two day tournament in October.   I’m planning on going with max war engines just because it’s fun and few people have played against Azgorh.  Can’t decide on my last 140 points.   I’m bringing:

Daemonsmith (general/grotesque/armor of bazherak)

3x10 Fireglaives

4 Magma Cannons

3 Skullcrackers

1 Iron Daemon

Artillery Train

Im torn between a Castellan with the thermal rider cloak, the standard bearer with ignaxs scales, or allied Karanak    

20 hours ago, Lord Krungharr said:

Getting prepped for a big two day tournament in October.   I’m planning on going with max war engines just because it’s fun and few people have played against Azgorh.  Can’t decide on my last 140 points.   I’m bringing:

3x10 Fireglaives

4 Magma Cannons

3 Skullcrackers

1 Iron Daemon

Artillery Train

Im torn between a Castellan with the thermal rider cloak, the standard bearer with ignaxs scales, or allied Karanak    

I'd highly recommend another Daemonsmith, I wouldn't recommend making the one in the Artillery Train your general. The reason why is because your enemy's are going to be gunning for him and putting him up front makes it very easy to get killed. The one in the Artillery Train is going to be better off trying to stay out of the range of everything instead of getting closer, even though he needs to be close to use his spells. You could also go with a Castellan/Standard Bearer instead, but personally I prefer having two unbind rolls instead of just one, and Karanak is going to want to close in while your army's more built for defensive play so I'm not sure how well he'd work in it.

On 8/23/2019 at 7:34 AM, Lord Krungharr said:

3x10 Fireglaives

4 Magma Cannons

3 Skullcrackers

1 Iron Daemon

Artillery Train

Just a heads up, the artillery train battalion can't include all of those units. 
"A Hashut’s Wrath Artillery Train consists of the following units: • 1 Daemonsmith • 1 Iron Daemon War Engine
Any three models chosen from the following: • Deathshrieker Rocket Launcher • Magma Cannon • Dreadquake Mortar • Iron Daemon War Engine"
Taken straight from the FW compendium!

3 hours ago, Krakybear said:

Just a heads up, the artillery train battalion can't include all of those units. 
"A Hashut’s Wrath Artillery Train consists of the following units: • 1 Daemonsmith • 1 Iron Daemon War Engine
Any three models chosen from the following: • Deathshrieker Rocket Launcher • Magma Cannon • Dreadquake Mortar • Iron Daemon War Engine"
Taken straight from the FW compendium!

I think it was never intendted to be a one drop. 
Part of his battalion  is obv the DS, the IronDaemon and 3 Magmas

• Like 1