10 x Orruk Ardboys (160)
3 x Orruk Gore Gruntas (140)

Battalions
Ardfist (170)

Total: 1990 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 133

Essentially going for target saturation. The artefact choice is a little strange but so many people are running Ethereal amulet etc. As an example it turns off The Oaken Armour which is often run on treelords. Doppelganger cloak and Quicksilver potion are another two options which we really hate.

On the other hand the -3 Rend weapon for the MB Choppa makes that far more reliable for getting through those super hard targets which we struggle to deal with.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, broche said:

@Malakree yes i like it! i'm wondering if it would worth it to take fungoid as general. With 2 MK maybey you don't need ironclad that much, and retreat and charge can just sweep the game

I've got it as moonclan shaman but I meant fungoid haha.

Primarily I see the issue being that the fungoid is going to be way slower and several turns late. Plus you want to be spending your cps in waaaghs, failed charges and run rolls. Your also losing the 4+ rampaging which is pretty huge when it's going to get dropped on an mk for 12" of movement.

Overall the fungoid is cool but to niche for IJ.

Guys, a little off the current topic, but I have a question about the WAAAGH!...

does the WAAAGH! effect our heros also? As in when counting up the IJ units before rolling the D6, does your general and heros count as IJ units? And do heros gain the +X attacks from the WAAAGH!?

Thanks.

5 hours ago, Dracothjay said:

Guys, a little off the current topic, but I have a question about the WAAAGH!...

does the WAAAGH! effect our heros also? As in when counting up the IJ units before rolling the D6, does your general and heros count as IJ units? And do heros gain the +X attacks from the WAAAGH!?

Thanks.

Yes. Also just to clarify, you use in Hero phase, count and roll at the start of the combat phase.

12 hours ago, Malakree said:

I've got it as moonclan shaman but I meant fungoid haha.

Primarily I see the issue being that the fungoid is going to be way slower and several turns late. Plus you want to be spending your cps in waaaghs, failed charges and run rolls. Your also losing the 4+ rampaging which is pretty huge when it's going to get dropped on an mk for 12" of movement.

Overall the fungoid is cool but to niche for IJ.

Maybe it's just me, but retreat and charge seem like one of the best power in the game. I like the 4+ for free move, but in the end it just make you jump from 50% to 70% to hit it turn one (after that you'll likely just get a extra charges or pile in). So you don't loose it, it's just least likely to happen. Retreat/Charge is an ability you can't get otherwise. You can ensure the MK kill the right stuff and not being stuck around with tarpit units. 

48 minutes ago, broche said:

Maybe it's just me, but retreat and charge seem like one of the best power in the game. I like the 4+ for free move, but in the end it just make you jump from 50% to 70% to hit it turn one (after that you'll likely just get a extra charges or pile in). So you don't loose it, it's just least likely to happen. Retreat/Charge is an ability you can't get otherwise. You can ensure the MK kill the right stuff and not being stuck around with tarpit units. 

With that particular list I think you care less about it. The idea is to throw the 2MK and 1GG forward in order to mess stuff up, then have the Ardboy wave go in turn 2 while the MK's back up and reposition. From that point on you pin with the Ardboys and force your opponent to kill them off before you bring them back with the Ardfist.

I agree it's nice I'm just not sure I'd ever want to give up all the bonuses we get for having a MK be our general.

I played a 1000 points game yesterday. Relocation orb against Khorne Bloodhound.

My list :

Megaboss

Warchanter

Warboss with banner

Ironfist

2*5 Brutes

1*3 Gore Gruntas

I did pretty well by playing the objective. I had nothing to threatened is council of Slaughter Priest (he was playing Gore Pilgrims) so between prayers and buffs, I decide to avoid the fight. He ended up doing mistakes to score points before it was to late and my megaboss with destroyer starts his rampage. Really good game, this army is far less nobrainer than I thougt !

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, ChatBatFun said:

Just won a battle in the realm of fire, and my 20 ardboyz were key as they were getting plus one attacks from waaagh and inferno blades which is a neat spell from the realm of fire that adds one to damage.

Inferno blades on 10 brutes is basically new underpants time 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 8/31/2018 at 3:15 AM, Backbreaker said:

I played a 1000 points game yesterday. Relocation orb against Khorne Bloodhound.

My list :

Megaboss

Warchanter

Warboss with banner

Ironfist

2*5 Brutes

1*3 Gore Gruntas

I did pretty well by playing the objective. I had nothing to threatened is council of Slaughter Priest (he was playing Gore Pilgrims) so between prayers and buffs, I decide to avoid the fight. He ended up doing mistakes to score points before it was to late and my megaboss with destroyer starts his rampage. Really good game, this army is far less nobrainer than I thougt !

Interesting list - and good to hear someone playing 1000 point games! 

Ive been running the standard megaboss, warchanter, weirdnob, 2 x 3 Gore Gruntas and 2 x 5 brutes. Wasnt sure if spending money on ironfist pays off in the lower point games but might have to give it a try. 

Def playing to the objectives usually is the only way I can manage to win. My local GW store people bring the cheese pretty hard so it can be tough. 

Per other threads, here is the combined data for the last 7 Major tournaments for age of sigmar 2.

at the moment the ironjawz bell curve is not looking pretty. Of the 28 ironjawz players we got 2 or fewer wins in a 6 game tournament 70% of the time. 96% of the time we have gone 3-3 or less in events.

It’s a small sample size but ironjawz are more represented than many factions, we are seeing a tough time in tournaments for our boyz.

certainly when I look at the top performing factions these are tough matches for us. Might be worth people chipping in their thoughts on beating specific factions or types of lists within factions if they have had success.

D9CE73F8-B267-4C95-9A6E-AAB2FBA39709.jpeg.b8f0a14a29ff3920f6293a708aa60aad.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, broche said:

Interesting. DoK at 72% match win is insane. Idoneth at 64% is quite high as well. As usual, GW continue to have a tendency for underpricing new army.

I think it maybe moreso they got better in figuring out what works and what doesn't work in AoS. After all DoK and IDK were basically made for a seamless transition 2.0. Meanwhile Ironjawz were among one of the first AoS factions and like many other first factions have some awkward list building (aka very limited options).

That is not to say though they aren't powerful. DoK snakes will mess you up good!

1 hour ago, Malakree said:

I like that generic destruction seems to do better than ironjawz. The that's the direction I've been feeling. We are just a bit to limited and putting 180 grots on the field is vicious.

It’s a little misleading, they had 1 guy with 5 wins who still didn’t top 10 (very small wins maybe). we had a lot more players. Got a top 10 as well - some handsome and dashing renegade...

7 hours ago, kenshin620 said:

I think it maybe moreso they got better in figuring out what works and what doesn't work in AoS. After all DoK and IDK were basically made for a seamless transition 2.0. Meanwhile Ironjawz were among one of the first AoS factions and like many other first factions have some awkward list building (aka very limited options).

I was referring since first GHB. Fyreslayer and Ironjawz where release before that. If you take modern battletome (so relase after there was a point system) First one were Sylvaneth and Bonesplitterz (both was arguably 2 of the best army, with lots of undercosted units). Then you had Tzeench who went on rampaging the tournameent scene. Kharadron was one of the few army i think that was not priced too bad early, but they still did pretty well on the tournameent scene with the alpha strike list. Now you have Nurgle, DoK, Stormcast and Idoneth and LoN that seem to dominate (5 most recent battletome).

I think only Beastclaw raider missed the glory opportunity from their  new release.

But i don't think it's come necesserly from the battletome. I think they really have hard time (or maybe they do on a voluntary basis to sell models) pricing new model. There's always 2-3 skewed model in those allegiance. Like from the start, it was CLEAR hag queen at 60, and both Heel from Idoneth at 140/160 for exemple were completly off. So what you see idoneth army with 18-24 Heel and some character (same phenomen that happened when Skyfire were 160) and that it and you end up playing 2000 pts against 2300-2400 pts.

10 minutes ago, broche said:

I was referring since first GHB. Fyreslayer and Ironjawz where release before that. If you take modern battletome (so relase after there was a point system) First one were Sylvaneth and Bonesplitterz (both was arguably 2 of the best army, with lots of undercosted units). Then you had Tzeench who went on rampaging the tournameent scene. Kharadron was one of the few army i think that was not priced too bad early, but they still did pretty well on the tournameent scene with the alpha strike list. Now you have Nurgle, DoK, Stormcast and Idoneth and LoN that seem to dominate (5 most recent battletome).

I think only Beastclaw raider missed the glory opportunity from their  new release.

But i don't think it's come necesserly from the battletome. I think they really have hard time (or maybe they do on a voluntary basis to sell models) pricing new model. There's always 2-3 skewed model in those allegiance. Like from the start, it was CLEAR hag queen at 60, and both Heel from Idoneth at 140/160 for exemple were completly off. So what you see idoneth army with 18-24 Heel and some character (same phenomen that happened when Skyfire were 160) and that it and you end up playing 2000 pts against 2300-2400 pts.

Ahh ok it was GHB releases.

Weren't BCR Stonehorns awesome at launch? And then got hit by the nerfbat?

47 minutes ago, Dracothjay said:

Are ironjawz getting a new addition, or overhaul? Or am I just assuming?

At this point we have no idea.

As a reminder, only Stormcast (with 3 books) and Khorne (with 2 books, with likely a model update next year) are the only Battletome armies to ever get another book. I got quiet a varied amount of responses from my other topics, with a few people convinced that Battletome armies are going to be on the backburner for GHB->Battletome or brand new armies updates.

I mentioned this also in another topic but while I love support for legacy armies, I think for a few legacy armies they should take a backseat for a bit to get another 2.0 update for a AoS faction. For example Dispossessed vs Fyreslayers/KO.

Edited by kenshin620
  • Like 1