Evocators - Coming soon

2 hours ago, silentdeathz said:

I think paladins are likely to see some changes in the new battletome honestly.

They certainly need them. Paladins are my favorite units, but they are so points expensive for what they are.

On 6/6/2018 at 8:44 PM, Dan.Ford said:

I think maybe higher , but whatever they end up at they are going to hard to shift.

One role could be bodyguards to Lord Celestant or Hero with Stainch defender in terrain , that's a 2+ save, with all the other abilities to protect themselves and the Hero. 

Staunch defender does not stack with cover ;) 

i believe at 200points / 220 people will end up searching for at use  for them but fail, 

i think their usefulness is highly dependent on whether vanguard wing is viable or the cost of sequitors not being to steep. 

30 minutes ago, SilverJay said:

So points are 140 for 3, and multiple units can all cast their spell. Seems pretty good

Similar to Dark Imperium, those point values and squad size are designed for the starter box. I wouldn't assume that they are going to be the proper points/size for matched play.

23 minutes ago, PJetski said:

Similar to Dark Imperium, those point values and squad size are designed for the starter box. I wouldn't assume that they are going to be the proper points/size for matched play.

Although the unit sizes for sequitors and castigators both show a minimum of 3, and those don't match up with the box contents, so looks like these points are legit for pitched battles

24 minutes ago, Jamister1 said:

Although the unit sizes for sequitors and castigators both show a minimum of 3, and those don't match up with the box contents, so looks like these points are legit for pitched battles

I don't think this is true at all, considering Chainrasp cost 100 in the starter and 80 in the generals handbook

15 hours ago, Jamister1 said:

The Soul Wars box contents and points costs will not match up with the GHB. According to it:

Sequitors come in 5s
Evocators come in 5s
Ranged guys come in 3s (the 2nd most annoying unit in the box)

Horse ghosts come in 4s
Wraith unit comes in 10s (most annoying unit by far)

Archived