Let's chat Stormcast Eternals

Requizen

13 hours ago, Olincay said:

I dont think i've ever heard of anyone running Tempestors or Desolators.

If you are going to run only two dracothian guard, the Tempestors win out every time for me personally for the -1 to hit.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, CountryMou3e said:

Would temposters debuff stack with the relictors on the same unit ? I know that house rules and scgt don't allow stacking of the same ability I.e two relictors applying -1 hit on same unit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They all stack as they are currently written in the warscroll and GHB. 

They all stack as they are currently written in the warscroll and GHB. 

'Persisting effects & Spells with the same name do not stack however two different abilities

giving the same effect do stack.'

Happy days

14 minutes ago, CountryMou3e said:

'Persisting effects & Spells with the same name do not stack however two different abilities

giving the same effect do stack.'

Happy days

What's that from? 

aka a house rule then.  Ok that's good I prefer the stacking.

Guess it's personal preference but being new to the game I try follow the tournament rules (or house if you wish) on top of ghb as they are generally put in for good reason. I know that nothing by GW states that two relictors can stack debuff on the same unit but to me that's just a bit sweaty haha

Just now, CountryMou3e said:

Guess it's personal preference but being new to the game I try follow the tournament rules (or house if you wish) on top of ghb as they are generally put in for good reason. I know that nothing by GW states that two relictors can stack debuff on the same unit but to me that's just a bit sweaty haha

Personal Preference I guess as I tend to ignore all tournament rules since each tournament can have whatever rules they want.  Too confusing.

In the example of the relictor, it would make sense to stack, if the opposing unit has double the amount of electricity crackling around them till the next hero phase that's even more distracting.

Personal Preference I guess as I tend to ignore all tournament rules since each tournament can have whatever rules they want.  Too confusing.
In the example of the relictor, it would make sense to stack, if the opposing unit has double the amount of electricity crackling around them till the next hero phase that's even more distracting.

I'll have a look through other rule packs. I maybe overthinking it. But it surely will be something that will make its way into ghb 2 as scgt is a good baseline for what will happen with rules changes ?

I'll have a look through other rule packs. I maybe overthinking it. But it surely will be something that will make its way into ghb 2 as scgt is a good baseline for what will happen with rules changes ?

oh God I hope not.    :(   

oh God I hope not.    [emoji20]   

Saving grace at the moment is FAQ says it's legal to stack duplicate spells and abilities. Unless stated otherwise (guessing that's where house rules or wording of ability kicks in)

That's rats though haha potentially -2 hit with a pretty decent chance of success. Relictor really is an unsung hero [emoji85]

Saving grace at the moment is FAQ says it's legal to stack duplicate spells. Unless stated otherwise (guessing that's where house rules or wording of ability kicks in)

That's rats though haha potentially -2 hit with a pretty decent chance of success. Relictor really is an unsung hero emoji85.png

I've always felt the Relictor has been under rated, even prior to the new battletome.  But with the extra prayer the model is a critical element of armies.

Double Relictor with double Lightning Chariot and a squad of Tempestors is a great counter to many common "Deathstar" unit lists. It's one of the secret techs I've been experimenting with to try to beat Aetherstrike lists since they are gaining in popularity.

I have used a list that was:

x1 Lord Celestant on Dracoth:220pts

x1 Lord Relictor: 80pts

x5 Judicators: 160pts

x2 Tempestors: 240pts

Total Army Cost: 1980pts

It was the only way of me playing with full Dracothian Guard and have a strong build. Against some armies it is unbeatable as you can literally make 2 units of the enemy army useless and while you don't pack a punch as much you can dominate other armies easily.

The first weakness is if you face an msu army as the enemy will still have options for dealing with you even if you neutralize 2 or 3 of his units but a good general can work around this.

The second problem (and what prevents the list from being top tier) is the fact that if you face an enemy that has a way to deal lots of mortal wounds from a distance (multiple Thundertusks, Hellcannons, Warp Lightning Cannons, Skyfires etc...) you will be at a serious disadvantage. And this is the reason I stopped fielding this list in tournaments...

6 hours ago, chord said:

I've always felt the Relictor has been under rated, even prior to the new battletome.  But with the extra prayer the model is a critical element of armies.

Before the last battletome, the relictor was crippled with his movement 4 and absolutly no way to teleport him in battle. SO he ended spending 3 turn running before doing anything.

Just now, kozokus said:

Before the last battletome, the relictor was crippled with his movement 4 and absolutly no way to teleport him in battle. SO he ended spending 3 turn running before doing anything.

All depends on the battleplan and strategy. 

Two questions about the Lord Celestant on foot:

1) Can he run and still use his cloak of hammers in the shooting phase?

2) Is his 9" bubble of +1 to hit an aura or a pulse (meaning if I use it then bring in some Paladins via Hammerstrike in the movement phase will they benefit if within 9")?

23 minutes ago, PJetski said:

I think Lightning Chariot is what takes the Relictor from "meh" to amazing.

I wish Stormcast had some way to reroll prayers... 3+ is not reliable enough

Take 2! Unless TGH2 changes things, the upside of Priests over Wizards is that there's nothing stopping you from trying it multiple times. 

19 minutes ago, Braneric said:

Two questions about the Lord Celestant on foot:

1) Can he run and still use his cloak of hammers in the shooting phase?

2) Is his 9" bubble of +1 to hit an aura or a pulse (meaning if I use it then bring in some Paladins via Hammerstrike in the movement phase will they benefit if within 9")?

1) Yes. It's not a missile weapon and doesn't have a profile, it's just a thing that happens.

2) Measure the distance at the time you roll the Hits. So yes, you can "turn it on" and then land in the bubble. You can't activate it and then have a unit leave and still benefit, they lose it as soon as they get further than 9" away.

14 hours ago, Requizen said:

Take 2! Unless TGH2 changes things, the upside of Priests over Wizards is that there's nothing stopping you from trying it multiple times. 

hopefully they dont change that but i get the feeling they will.  

Archived