Let's chat Stormcast Eternals

Requizen

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey guys, I was wondering if I could get some feedback on this list, I really like new vanguard chamber models and fluff, so built a list around that

Allegiance: Stormcast Eternals

Leaders

Lord-Aquilor (200)

- General

- Trait: Staunch Defender - Stormcast Eternals

- Artefact: Armor of Silvered Sigmarite 

- Gryph-Charger Trait: Wind Runner

Knight-Venator (120)

- Artefact: Luckstone 

Battleline

5 x Vanguard-Hunters (140)

Units

3 x Vanguard-Palladors (220)

3 x Vanguard-Raptors with Longstrike Crossbows (180)

3 x Aetherwings (60)

3 x Aetherwings (60)

3 x Aetherwings (60)

Battalions

Vanguard Angelos Conclave (100)

Vanguard Justicar Conclave (60)

Total: 1980/2000

About dracoth : i played a 1000 pts list with them with some sucess.

Leaders
Knight-Azyros (80)
- Trait: Staunch Defender - Stormcast Eternals, lantern of the Tempst

Battleline
5 x Liberators (100)
- Warhammer & Shield
5 x Liberators (100)
- Warhammer & Shield

Units
4 x Fulminators (480)
2 x Tempestors (240)

Total: 1000/2000

The azyros has three good things : he is cheap, he can fly so go with your dracoth and have acess to the lantern of the tempest. The opponent fight 6 dracoth with a 2+ reroll 1 save (1+ reroll 1 against shoot for the fulminator) and must reroll his 6 or more to shoot, so good bye skyfires and so on.

Basically, if your opponent don't have lot of mortal wound or rend attacks, he can't even touch you. And the bonus : with the azyros, reroll 1 to hit at range, so the dracoth will shower the opponent under mortal wounds in the shooting save. Very few army an handle something so sturdy and devastating.

Of course, some armies can counter this list, but against someone unprepared, it can't be devastating. And it's fun to play

46 minutes ago, ledha said:

About dracoth : i played a 1000 pts list with them with some sucess.

Leaders
Knight-Azyros (80)
- Trait: Staunch Defender - Stormcast Eternals, lantern of the Tempst

Battleline
5 x Liberators (100)
- Warhammer & Shield
5 x Liberators (100)
- Warhammer & Shield

Units
4 x Fulminators (480)
2 x Tempestors (240)

Total: 1000/2000

The azyros has three good things : he is cheap, he can fly so go with your dracoth and have acess to the lantern of the tempest. The opponent fight 6 dracoth with a 2+ reroll 1 save (1+ reroll 1 against shoot for the fulminator) and must reroll his 6 or more to shoot, so good bye skyfires and so on.

Basically, if your opponent don't have lot of mortal wound or rend attacks, he can't even touch you. And the bonus : with the azyros, reroll 1 to hit at range, so the dracoth will shower the opponent under mortal wounds in the shooting save. Very few army an handle something so sturdy and devastating.

Of course, some armies can counter this list, but against someone unprepared, it can't be devastating. And it's fun to play

That's a mean 1k list!

Howver at 2k your opponents get access to more dracoth nullifying stuff so it loses its intimidation factor.

Kind of like pure Beastclaw raiders at 1k points.

/Edit I am however all for pure dracoth lists even at 2k just for variety and because it looks great. Besides nearly all lists have something they struggle against.

I'm interested to hear your thoughts about this. Does the ability "promised aid" of the storm vortex garrison battalion interact with lord acquilor's commands ability to keep recycling units through the vanguard hunters?

Aetherwings and the Aetherstrike Force are... insane.

It hard counters Beastclaw, Tomb Kings, Seraphon, Ironjawz, Bonesplitterz, Sylvaneth... is there anything that can beat it? The list I'm using is 12 vanguard raptors with 2x5 Protectors in front

1 hour ago, PJetski said:

Aetherwings and the Aetherstrike Force are... insane.

It hard counters Beastclaw, Tomb Kings, Seraphon, Ironjawz, Bonesplitterz, Sylvaneth... is there anything that can beat it? The list I'm using is 12 vanguard raptors with 2x5 Protectors in front

Does it work out similar to the Kunnin'ruk?
Was this with long strikes or hurricanes?
Details man! :P

8 hours ago, Olincay said:

I'd estimate the 12 were longstrikes and then 3 hurricanes. 12 hurricanes is a silly amount of shots but against destruction lists 18" is too close!

Side note: I accidentally found a good recipient unit for blessed weapons yesterday - Tempestors!

Shooting (both riders and dracoths) and combat (riders and dracoths) capable units are good recipients for it.

The dracoth shooting attack in particular if in combat when shooting (2 mortal wounds per shot).

9 hours ago, Olincay said:

I played in a 1500 point tournament and used 9 Longstrikes + 3 Hurricanes.

In the hero phase you shoot 9 Longstrikes at anything within 12" of the Aetherwings or the Knight Azyros, then in the shooting phase you do it again. There isn't much in the game that can stand up to that much Rend-2 firepower. Since the list is just 1 battalion it's very easy to go 2nd and move your aetherwings into position in the enemy charge phase.

Aetherwings moving in the enemy charge phase completely shuts down charges from non-flying units, and when they die you can fire 9 Longstrike shots at the unit that killed them.

You can use Judicators as your front line units because they take about as much damage as Liberators and when they die you can shoot at the unit that killed them. This works great against deep strike lists, since they hit your frontline and immediately get shot to ribbons in response.

I used a Mirrorshield on my Knight Azyros (my general, Staunch Defender) to make sure he didn't get destroyed by shooting attacks, then kept him behind the Judicators to ensure nobody could get to him in melee.

The weakness of this list is that the Raptors are so fragile. They are the core of this army but they are very slow and only have 2 wounds each so the rest of the list needs to revolve around protecting them at all costs.

I have only played 3 games with it so far (3 wins!) but I can see Tzeentch skyfire lists being a good counter. Their high mobility and long threat range would make it easy to hit the Raptors. If I were to expand it to 2000 points I would bring 5x Protectors to screen the Raptors, a Castellant to buff them and the artifact that makes enemies reroll hit6 in the shooting phase. The remaining 200 points would either be spent on more Longstrikes (you can run a squad of 12), more Protectors, or some tech choices like a Heraldor or some liberators to capture objectives and tar pit monsters.

2 hours ago, PJetski said:

I have only played 3 games with it so far (3 wins!) but I can see Tzeentch skyfire lists being a good counter. Their high mobility and long threat range would make it easy to hit the Raptors. If I were to expand it to 2000 points I would bring 5x Protectors to screen the Raptors, a Castellant to buff them and the artifact that makes enemies reroll hit6 in the shooting phase. The remaining 200 points would either be spent on more Longstrikes (you can run a squad of 12), more Protectors, or some tech choices like a Heraldor or some liberators to capture objectives and tar pit monsters.

Have you thought about a Lord-Aquilor in a 2k list like this?  His command ability would be really nice to get your slow and squishy Raptors out of trouble or just reposition to a more advantageous location.  Sounds like you've got room for him anyway, could be worth a shout.

2 hours ago, Let's 'ere it for da boyz! said:

Have you thought about a Lord-Aquilor in a 2k list like this?  His command ability would be really nice to get your slow and squishy Raptors out of trouble or just reposition to a more advantageous location.  Sounds like you've got room for him anyway, could be worth a shout.

It could get them out of bad situations but teleporting them across the board means that they would be out of range of their defensive benefits like Staunch Defender, the Protectors, the lantern, and their protective screens of aetherwings and judicators.

I'm not sure the Aquilor is worth losing 5 protectors... It's worth trying, though.

15 minutes ago, PJetski said:

It could get them out of bad situations but teleporting them across the board means that they would be out of range of their defensive benefits like Staunch Defender, the Protectors, the lantern, and their protective screens of aetherwings and judicators.

Fair enough.  Not for nothing, but if the Aquilor were your Staunch Defender general or you ported them into terrain, your Raptors would still be rocking a 3+ save.  

9 Longstrikes with all those roadblocks in front of them does sound pretty legit though.  I might need to try it out...

15 hours ago, Turragor said:

I'd estimate the 12 were longstrikes and then 3 hurricanes. 12 hurricanes is a silly amount of shots but against destruction lists 18" is too close!

Side note: I accidentally found a good recipient unit for blessed weapons yesterday - Tempestors!

Shooting (both riders and dracoths) and combat (riders and dracoths) capable units are good recipients for it.

The dracoth shooting attack in particular if in combat when shooting (2 mortal wounds per shot).

My god! I Hadn't even thought about using that on dracoths, I imagine using it with fulminators on the charge would completely delete units.
:D:D:D

4 hours ago, Olincay said:

My god! I Hadn't even thought about using that on dracoths, I imagine using it with fulminators on the charge would completely delete units.
:D:D:D

combine it with the azyros (reroll 1 to shoot) for maximum trolling in the shooting phase

So I've just taken the plunge with Stormcasts, moving over from 40k. I have the start collecting box and the additional retributors from the starter set.

From reading this thread, I see very little talk about prosecutors. I looked at the rules for prosecutors with javelins and got really excited. point for point as good as judicators (which i'm not overly a fan of), part of some of the alpha strike formations (hammerstrike, vanguard wing) but I don't see many of them in lists. Am I missing something that everyone else already *gets*?

I was thinking of a 1000 point list:

Lord Celestant on foot

Lord Relictor OR Knight Heraldor OR Lord Castellant

5x Liberators - hammers and shields, greathammer

5x Liberators - warblades and shields, greatblade

3x prosecutors with javelins - trident

5x retributors

Am I way off base with my love of the flying spartans?

26 minutes ago, Riddlesworthy said:

So I've just taken the plunge with Stormcasts, moving over from 40k. I have the start collecting box and the additional retributors from the starter set.

From reading this thread, I see very little talk about prosecutors. I looked at the rules for prosecutors with javelins and got really excited. point for point as good as judicators (which i'm not overly a fan of), part of some of the alpha strike formations (hammerstrike, vanguard wing) but I don't see many of them in lists. Am I missing something that everyone else already *gets*?

I was thinking of a 1000 point list:

Lord Celestant on foot

Lord Relictor OR Knight Heraldor OR Lord Castellant

5x Liberators - warblades and shields, greatblade

5x retributors

Am I way off base with my love of the flying spartans?

Stormcall Javelin prosecutors look excellent and are great on the field. They can be speed bumps, objective grabbers, and are shooty.

I'm painting up 6 (slowly) and would wager the only reason you don't see lists with dozens is they can be awkward to paint and transport (Magnetising the wings helps a bunch with transport I might add!)

I'm getting more when the 6 are painted. I'm going tempest lords harbinger chamber when they are done (which will take me ages).

I'm also new to aos moving over from 40k and 30k.  My wife and I played a small game of aos on a whim and now we are totally into it.  She is building an arcanite heavy Tzeentch army and I'm going with storm cast.  We are starting 1000pts and will go from there.

The angelos conclave with a lord aquilor is right aboutique 1000pts and I love the models.  I think the tricky mocement abilities from the aqulior and the "trap is sprung" rule from angelos will work well together.  

She is leaning towards a tzaangor coven lead by the arcanite cabal, which sounds really fun to play against with the super speedy vanguard units.

On 01/04/2017 at 1:02 AM, Requizen said:

Dracoths are really solid, but they're also expensive. There are a handful of things out there that can just instagib them - Durthu deals 6 wounds with his Sword, Skyfires deal multiple d3 MWs at a range if they roll well, Clan Skryre and Thundertusks will just remove them from the board, etc. However, once they get into combat, they're one of the strongest things we have, so it's really a question of what you face.

I ran a unit of Fulminators at Adepticon and sort of regretted it. I was using Skyborne Slayers, so when my opponents would either turtle up, forcing me to stay back and make bad charges, or I would drop in on their side of the board and the Fulminators wouldn't get a charge until T3 because all the fighting would be far away. They also got gibbed by Durthu in one game and Skyfires in another. 

They really want to be run in an army that goes together up the board, or is more defensive. Maybe in a shooting heavy list, where they can act as flankers to hit the units coming in or as a strong counter-charge deterrent. They don't fit very well in an Alpha Strike list, though. Which is awesome to say, honestly, because it just means that our army has so many different ways to play.

Ive been a bit dissapointed with stormcast and have really found them underpowered

i played a mix order army at the ghal maraz tourney in melbourne last week and while most stormcast armies performed as expected i did see one army that was quite interesting, using the alliegience ability to buff + 1 saves as well as the lord castlelants a ilities to give a squad a libbies a 2+ re rollable save, was thinking of using this as some type of shield wall with protectors behind to march up the field

Was looking at something like

+++ Stormcast 2.0 (Age of Sigmar v8) (1980pts) +++

++ Pitched Battle (2,000) (Grand Alliance: Order v37) ++

+ Uncategorised +

········Allegiance
············Stormcast Eternals [Order Artefacts and Abilities]

+ Leader +

········Knight-Venator

········Knight-Vexillor [Meteoric Standard]

········Lord-Castellant

········Lord-Celestant

········Lord-Celestant on Dracoth

+ Battleline +

········Judicators [5x Judicators, Skybolt Bow]

········Judicators [5x Judicators, Skybolt Bow]

········Liberators [10x Liberators]

········Liberators [5x Liberators]

+ Other +

········Protectors [5x Protectors]

········Fulminators [2x 2 Fulminators]

The basic idea is the shield wall with protectors, lord celestant (general), lord castelant, lord velixor and judicators will move up the centre of the board with the dracoths, venator and 1 squad of libbes moving up the flank

any thought or suggestions appreciated

@Turragor This one is for you :)

I have been watchinf the results of the Sheffield Slaughter on http://www.rankings.baddice.co.uk/tournament=UK_Warhammer_Fantasy_Sheffield_Slaughter_2017

And i was amazed!

Look at the Number 10 / 72 Ben Jhonson. He just brought his balls and a whole Drakesworn Temple and got the tenth place!

I would be interested to see how his game went.

Capture.PNG

Dudes i need advice and opinions.

After a disappointing Gathering Storm  ( as a Templar fan, and while Templars don't get new miniatures and codex ) i am moving to AoS a bit more permenantly.

I haven't played for a while, and still need to read the new codex properly, but if i understand i can have units in reserve to "Deep Strike"? 

I'm planning a few 750 games to get some more peeps playing.

1 hour ago, Sete said:

i can have units in reserve to "Deep Strike"? 

Exact.

Basically, if you run full Stormcast, at the begining of the game, you can place any unit into thewarp celestial realm and they come in each of your movement phase on 3+ (you don't have the choice, you have to roll and you have to place them when they are aviable like in 40k) You can place anywhere, more than 9" from the ennemy and cannot move after, but you can charge in the same turn.

Archived