Let's chat Stormcast Eternals

Requizen

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So taking into account all the new stuff/changes something like this seems to be pretty legit.

Lord Celestant on Dracoth 

Lord Castellant 

Relictor 

3x5 Liberators (Warblades & Shields)

9 Prosecutors (Celestial Hammers & Shields, Grandblade on Prime, 2x Grandaxe)

2x5 Protectors 

1x10 Protectors

Hammerstrike Force 

Celestial Vindicators Warrior Chamber 

Sprinkle with artefacts, prayers, Starsoul Maces and steed trait of preference.

I'm liking the look of the Storm Heralds. Having a Stardrake appear across the board sounds nice. Or the Vanguard Justicar Conclave or Aeatherstrike Force.

Question: the big battalions...they have the requirements but at the bottom it says 'any number of additional units'. Can that include units that form other battalions? Cuz the keyword is still there.

6 hours ago, Requizen said:

In the the meantime, though, we can play objective games, and Hammerstrike and Skyborne are still options for Alpha Striking things like that.

In my opinion GW should clarify what happens with the Warrior Brotherhood and the Skyborne Slayers battalion warscrolls because for me it is not that clear and my gut tells me that if they were legal they would have been included in the new battletome...

As a fairly new player still assembling my stormcasts, I like the diversity the new battletome offers. I like the combo of hammerstrike + celestial vindicators but I really hate that color scheme. For competitive play, Do you think is it a must or the 80pts can be used somewhere else with same effects?

Enviado desde mi Nexus 6P mediante Tapatalk

We're still probably fine against Mournguls. Protectors can still intercept and smash them, and Libs can slow them down. 

Smash is optimistic. You might grind it down after a few turns. The answer to Mournguls is almost always chaff, then pump the retreat button. Don't try to kill it unless it's actually preventing you from taking an objective.

17 minutes ago, Sete said:

Hey guys quick question, to use the chamber tactics do I need to use the formations?

Bought the book but still didn't had a proper look at the rules

I think you need at least one *depending on what chamber you want* you unlock abilities and the command trait.
If you fill ALL the battalions that chamber can have you unlock other abilities as well.

43 minutes ago, Sete said:

Hey guys quick question, to use the chamber tactics do I need to use the formations?

Bought the book but still didn't had a proper look at the rules

Since hammerstrike seems to be the go to, I think this ones an auto include. 

IMG_3532.JPG

Question: the big battalions...they have the requirements but at the bottom it says 'any number of additional units'. Can that include units that form other battalions? Cuz the keyword is still there.

By convention "no". In the Sylvaneth context, it has been taken that since the Mega-Battalion lists out optional battalions that you can include (e.g. 0-3 Households (or whatever), that this list is exhaustive. So you cannot put another Gnarlroot within the first Gnarlroot.

The wording about Mega-Battalions in the Battletomes may also answer this more closely. 

I'm considering taking the Drakesworn Templar within the Celestial Vindicators as it would give it a command ability of value (as opposed to not having one at all). More choppy! The LCoSD is epic (mostly that shield of joy), but very hard to fit into a list.

1 hour ago, Nico said:

I'm considering taking the Drakesworn Templar within the Celestial Vindicators as it would give it a command ability of value (as opposed to not having one at all). More choppy! The LCoSD is epic (mostly that shield of joy), but very hard to fit into a list.

I am wracking my brains over storm heralds.

3 x liberators leaves just the 1 hero and an artefact to spare isn't efficient...

But it looks like a nice list.

I will maybe work with the aetherstrike one instead and build some scions-of-the-storm tough units into the list to drop in and support the shooty.

Mainly thinking of purchase/painting order for next tournament.

17 hours ago, kozokus said:

Did i miss something with the special banner that allow rerolls 1 on run and charge on the Vexillor that allow to reroll all charge rolls anyways?

I was thinking about this too. It is a small buff. You could reroll a one when rolling a 6 and a 1 for charging or you can reroll both dice. And you can reroll your run move.

4 minutes ago, Turragor said:

I am wracking my brains over storm heralds.

3 x liberators leaves just the 1 hero and an artefact to spare isn't efficient...

But it looks like a nice list.

I will maybe work with the aetherstrike one instead and build some scions-of-the-storm tough units into the list to drop in and support the shooty.

Mainly thinking of purchase/painting order for next tournament.

Yeah I was looking at Storm Heralds and Aeatherstrike and Vanguard Justicar Conclave 

As a fairly new player still assembling my stormcasts, I like the diversity the new battletome offers. I like the combo of hammerstrike + celestial vindicators but I really hate that color scheme. For competitive play, Do you think is it a must or the 80pts can be used somewhere else with same effects?

Enviado desde mi Nexus 6P mediante Tapatalk

Can anyone answer this? I too am curious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So the named stormhosts are all above 2500 points to max out and get the full rules - which is a really cool thing to strive for and makes mega games worth trying out beyond just cool big battles. 

Question I have, if not answered - the named chambers have 1 required battalion, a handful of unrequired battalions, and then 'any number of additional STORMCAST ETERNALS units' 

does this allow me to take the required battalion, skip the unrequired ones, and add other battalions that are not listed? Or can I only add units that don't belong to any battalions? 

2 hours ago, StoneMonk said:

So the named stormhosts are all above 2500 points to max out and get the full rules - which is a really cool thing to strive for and makes mega games worth trying out beyond just cool big battles. 

Question I have, if not answered - the named chambers have 1 required battalion, a handful of unrequired battalions, and then 'any number of additional STORMCAST ETERNALS units' 

does this allow me to take the required battalion, skip the unrequired ones, and add other battalions that are not listed? Or can I only add units that don't belong to any battalions? 

Looks like units only to me, otherwise it would say "any number of additional Stormcast Eternal battalions".

Don't know if this has been covered before, but how does the Celestial Vindicators Warrior Chamber "Bonds of Hatred" ability work?

From what I can see it essentially does nothing as the extension of the Celestial Supercharge is meaningless as you still have to drop within 6" of the Prosecutors and the buff to wound doesn't appear to be a bubble around them.

Am I just reading it wrong?

Archived