War Machines and Crew

S133arcanite

Question

5 answers to this question

2 minutes ago, S133arcanite said:

Are warmachines and crew the same unit?

If so, you can't target the crew instead of the warmachine, but if not, you could just wipe out the measly crew and take out the warmachine at the same time.

No, they aren't.

Yes, you can.

It's interesting that the Boltthrower of the Stormcast Eternals seems to have the crew with own bases.

If we get lucky, the rules will be similar to the Boltthrower in the Dark Elves Legends list, so the Warmachine has one Statline and the crew models must stay in 1" (or has somebody seen the Warscroll of the Stormcast Boltthrower?)

At the moment it's like @BaldoBeardo said (if the profile is split into warmachine and crew).

Which Warmachine did you have in mind?

For the moment most of the warmachines have crew as separate unit. This question even was in rules FAQ iirc.

But in the recent Warhammer Legends DE compendium GW changed rules for bolt thrower so that it is one unit with its crew. I think other warscrolls may be changed this way in new edition.

EMMachine outrunned me ?

Worth also mentioning, while killing the crew means your artillery cant fire you still need to destroy the machine itself to destroy the unit, i.e. it can still hold an objective and you dont get kill points for just killing the crew.

Archived