Allegiances

jonwarmington

Question

In our group last night we had an chat about the new generals handbook and something was pointed out. Under the rotbringers entry it says that blightknights are battleline units in a nurgle mortal allegiance.

The first question is what's a nurgle mortal allegiance? Is this to do with keywords?

The point was raised could you take slave to darkness knights in a nurgle mortal allegiance because they can be nurgle mortal knights, even though picking nurgle Mark is not done until depolyment, someone felt as long as they wrote it on the army list then it would be OK. 

Then along the lines of keywords could you take someone like Archaon in both a nurgle mortal army and even a khorne daemon army as he has these keywords?

tia

9 answers to this question

Going by what's in the Sylvaneth book, as long as all units in the army have the required keywords, it has that allegiance - So units with NURGLE and MORTAL keywords are all you're allowed.

As for Chaos undivided units that can be assigned keywords... I can't find anything that specifies *when* you pick your allegiance traits.

That said, as you assign the keyword to them as you deploy them, there is no instant in time where they are in use without the keyword - so I'd say it's perfectly fine to do.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Hmm.  So, looking at this gave me pause about something else.  Technically you could take any slave to darkness unit that can also take a mark of nurgle.  Anything in the Rotbringers list is already mortal and nurgle.  I'm a little unsure about the StD units and i'm not sure which way it would get FAQ'd since technically they aren't nurgle until the game starts.

On 15 July 2016 at 8:16 AM, BaldoBeardo said:

Going by what's in the Sylvaneth book, as long as all units in the army have the required keywords, it has that allegiance - So units with NURGLE and MORTAL keywords are all you're allowed.

As for Chaos undivided units that can be assigned keywords... I can't find anything that specifies *when* you pick your allegiance traits.

That said, as you assign the keyword to them as you deploy them, there is no instant in time where they are in use without the keyword - so I'd say it's perfectly fine to do

I think is correct.

On 7/15/2016 at 8:16 AM, BaldoBeardo said:

That said, as you assign the keyword to them as you deploy them, there is no instant in time where they are in use without the keyword - so I'd say it's perfectly fine to do.

Basically it works like this:

When you choose your army, as long as you choose everything from a specific subfaction, it unlocks the battleline units from that faction. So in the example as long as everything you choose while building your army has Nurgle Mortal in it's keywords, you unlock the Blight Kings as a battleline. Archaeon has those keywords on his Warscroll so you could take him and unlock the Blight Kings.

This is separate from Allegiance Traits. Those come into affect after you deploy. A Nurgle army would qualify for the Chaos Allegiance traits OR the Nurgle traits when they appear, and you choose which one of those to use. They are separate because the Allegiance traits apply to non point games too.

I'm a little late but have a very similar question and don't want to start a new thread.

In a 2000 point pitch battle I want to use a Nurgle Rotbringers army with four units of Blightkings as battleline. I have 240 points remaining on my list build and am thinking of taking 2 units of 20 Marauders to flesh out my army to help with objectives. Will that break my 3 battleline minimum or if I give them the Nurgle keyword at the start of battle will I essentially have 6 battleline units?

I'm a little late but have a very similar question and don't want to start a new thread.

In a 2000 point pitch battle I want to use a Nurgle Rotbringers army with four units of Blightkings as battleline. I have 240 points remaining on my list build and am thinking of taking 2 units of 20 Marauders to flesh out my army to help with objectives. Will that break my 3 battleline minimum or if I give them the Nurgle keyword at the start of battle will I essentially have 6 battleline units?

That's fine, confirmed in the FAQ.

Archived