Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Melcavuk

The Suneater Tribes Ogors and Aeloran Nomad Aelves now revisited for the Living City (19/09/19)

Recommended Posts

My current work in progress Suneater Tribes artillery piece, designed to be fielded in units upto 3 (taking a single warmachine slot) in a cheap and ramshackle variant moving toward the newer scrolls of a unified scroll for artillery rather than seperate machine/crew items. Mildly converted skaven artillery piece

082.JPG

083.JPG

084.JPG

085.JPG

burnin__0027-bomb-catapult.jpg

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Started work on my catapult, seperated out the crew for painting seperately.

 

 

002.JPG

003.JPG

004.JPG

005.JPG

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey, using the plague claw and combining the skaven with Bloodbowl heads is a very interesting idea. Also a great idea with the magma.

And those reavers are amazing:

After one of my subfactions is a Maidensarmy (didn't paint anything for that subfaction):

I played with the idea, making reavers, but ended up with making a Wildrider Conversion. But I think I will keep it in mind.

Will your Wanderers also be firebased? Would like to see the models in color.

Edited by EMMachine
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Wanderers will be black/grey and dark/light green fade as primary colour scheme, they'll be painted by my girlfriend (my involvement is purely in making the models, the concept and painting will be all her) to be run in a narrative campaign as the anti thesis to the Suneaters. The Aeloran Nomads whilst somewhat parasitical survive as part of nature, they are about balance (both good and bad) and have survived this log by avoiding prolongued conflict, the Suneater migration however is carving out a scorch scar leading directly toward the heart of their woodland realm and the well of their ancestors souls. So the campaign will centre on this conflict and help shape out the background to both factions

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nearing completion on the catapult, tomorrow I get to pickup the parts for my Volcanic Idol and the secondary catapult models

 

 

002.JPG

003.JPG

004.JPG

005.JPG

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is said that from the day they are chosen the Volsungr, great prophets of the Suneater tribes are gifted with the touch of the volcano, indeed many have been witnessed in battle belching forth great gouts of flame and magma to douse their enemies and leave them to an agonising death. Such things (the gothi say) are the blessings of the Suneater, that his mightiest warriors might one day rival the destructive powers of the volcanic mountains of the realms). They are seemingly untouched by flame  from the day of Ascension, feeling no heat nor pain at its prescence. Indeed many take to bathing in the Magmaflows to cleanse their unsightly crevices of parasites that no Gothi can even be convinced to remove. 

 As a Volsungrs migration spreads across the realms, leaving a blistering scar of scorched earth in their wake, they share in the power gifted to the Suneater with every pyre to his glory lit, the further they travel and more pyres they ignite the more powers bestowed upon them, to some comes the choking cloud of ash that shadows their every movement, choking out any foes who would dare approach. To others the calloused and coarse skin becomes as hard as the stone of the mountain itself, yet more manifest a mighty bellow that can fell trees and shattered the most hardened rock as though the power of a volcanic explosion. 

It is said that the most aged of the Volsungr reach such power that they need no migration to follow in their wake, they have become the mountain and their Gods chosen warriors, in time these ancient warriors leave their tribe to the next prophet, migrating across the realms to rest at the Maw of the Suneater, the birth place of their tribes and await their gods command. They take no guard with them, nor trophies or treasure... such things mean little to these mighty avatars of their god, instead only their most loyal of Gothi priest are permitted  to (and insisted upon) accompany them to their holy site.

As years turn to decades these warriors fade to myth, yet now as tremors of change ripple across the realm the Suneater stirs from his pit, with a mighty bellow his chosen warriors march forth once more. This once mortal forms changed entirely as their hardened rocklike skin has grown to immense size, no longer can they merely belch the flame, their entire visage has eroded to the rippling orb of flame to drown out even the Sun itself, so much has their power intensified that every crack and crag in their rocklike skin seethes with blistering heat. They are accompanies, as all Volsungr, by their most loyal of Gothi borne high above the battlefield on the shoulder of their prophets. These Gothi are perhaps the most unsightly of the pair, a Grot unlike any other... one that has allowed to both grow fat and old, feasting on the food and treasures their champions no longer require.

 

006.JPG

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Melcavuk said:

It is said that from the day they are chosen the Volsungr, great prophets of the Suneater tribes are gifted with the touch of the volcano, indeed many have been witnessed in battle belching forth great gouts of flame and magma to douse their enemies and leave them to an agonising death. Such things (the gothi say) are the blessings of the Suneater, that his mightiest warriors might one day rival the destructive powers of the volcanic mountains of the realms). They are seemingly untouched by flame  from the day of Ascension, feeling no heat nor pain at its prescence. Indeed many take to bathing in the Magmaflows to cleanse their unsightly crevices of parasites that no Gothi can even be convinced to remove. 

 As a Volsungrs migration spreads across the realms, leaving a blistering scar of scorched earth in their wake, they share in the power gifted to the Suneater with every pyre to his glory lit, the further they travel and more pyres they ignite the more powers bestowed upon them, to some comes the choking cloud of ash that shadows their every movement, choking out any foes who would dare approach. To others the calloused and coarse skin becomes as hard as the stone of the mountain itself, yet more manifest a mighty bellow that can fell trees and shattered the most hardened rock as though the power of a volcanic explosion. 

 It is said that the most aged of the Volsungr reach such power that they need no migration to follow in their wake, they have become the mountain and their Gods chosen warriors, in time these ancient warriors leave their tribe to the next prophet, migrating across the realms to rest at the Maw of the Suneater, the birth place of their tribes and await their gods command. They take no guard with them, nor trophies or treasure... such things mean little to these mighty avatars of their god, instead only their most loyal of Gothi priest are permitted  to (and insisted upon) accompany them to their holy site.

As years turn to decades these warriors fade to myth, yet now as tremors of change ripple across the realm the Suneater stirs from his pit, with a mighty bellow his chosen warriors march forth once more. This once mortal forms changed entirely as their hardened rocklike skin has grown to immense size, no longer can they merely belch the flame, their entire visage has eroded to the rippling orb of flame to drown out even the Sun itself, so much has their power intensified that every crack and crag in their rocklike skin seethes with blistering heat. They are accompanies, as all Volsungr, by their most loyal of Gothi borne high above the battlefield on the shoulder of their prophets. These Gothi are perhaps the most unsightly of the pair, a Grot unlike any other... one that has allowed to both grow fat and old, feasting on the food and treasures their champions no longer require.

 

006.JPG

whelp im dead.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm meant to be building a second catapult for tomorrows game but couldnt resist putting a little paint on the model. Long ways to go obviously but it gives better understanding of how he'll end up

021.JPG

022.JPG

023.JPG

024.JPG

025.JPG

026.JPG

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Making up the final Grot Warscroll for my Suneater Tribes is the Totem of the Suneater, a destruction warshrine that moves with the migrations of Suneaters. The rippling heat and power of the shrine can turn away blades and burn up projectiles before they reach the fanatical followers of the Suneater, but its true potency lies within the trials of flame. Gothi attendants stoke the flames around the giant stone effigy before swinging it forwards, should he prove willing the Suneater musters his energies to belch forth huge gouts of flame from the pyres to engulf loyal warriors, consuming them and letting them emerge unscathed from other pyres of the Suneater. Those who are unworthy however will find themselves consumed by the Suneater in his eternal hunger.

035.JPG

036.JPG

037.JPG

038.JPG

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Melcavuk said:

Making up the final Grot Warscroll for my Suneater Tribes is the Totem of the Suneater, a destruction warshrine that moves with the migrations of Suneaters. The rippling heat and power of the shrine can turn away blades and burn up projectiles before they reach the fanatical followers of the Suneater, but its true potency lies within the trials of flame. Gothi attendants stoke the flames around the giant stone effigy before swinging it forwards, should he prove willing the Suneater musters his energies to belch forth huge gouts of flame from the pyres to engulf loyal warriors, consuming them and letting them emerge unscathed from other pyres of the Suneater. Those who are unworthy however will find themselves consumed by the Suneater in his eternal hunger.

035.JPG

036.JPG

037.JPG

038.JPG

Love the model, an excellent use of the spare rogue idol head. Will the war scroll be posted tomorrow?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cheers guys, I've had to trim some tails off that I missed and added in a few ogor specific parts to the shrine to move further away from the skaven aspects.

001.JPG

002.JPG

003.JPG

004.JPG

005.JPG

006.JPG

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Melcavuk said:

Cheers guys, I've had to trim some tails off that I missed and added in a few ogor specific parts to the shrine to move further away from the skaven aspects.

001.JPG

002.JPG

003.JPG

004.JPG

005.JPG

006.JPG

This is truly an ogor war machine of epicness!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

More work on the Exalted Volsungr for my Suneater Tribes, started to fill in a few of the details but managed to scupper my airbrush by putting it down imprecisely (bent the needle). Will rework the fire glow once the new airbrush arrives.

ExaltedVolsungr.jpg.3982f877d6deafa398424d57dbad7a78.jpg

005.JPG.86d46307801dba7c13ea4724e3441dca.JPG

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Army photo so far, need a better area to do army shots but struggling to find anywhere with enough light

 

010.JPG

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Melcavuk said:

Army photo so far, need a better area to do army shots but struggling to find anywhere with enough light

 

010.JPG

looking pretty good anyway though! 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Aside from basing I've now gotten the Exalted Volsungr to a stage that I'm happy to call table worthy (Brightened up glow intensity in both the skull and inner joints, sorted flame glow across the added skulls and adornments)!

 

ExaltedVulsungr.jpg

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Melcavuk said:

Aside from basing I've now gotten the Exalted Volsungr to a stage that I'm happy to call table worthy (Brightened up glow intensity in both the skull and inner joints, sorted flame glow across the added skulls and adornments)!

 

ExaltedVulsungr.jpg

Gotta say sir, without stuff like this I would have given up on destruction a long time ago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/17/2018 at 8:46 PM, Melcavuk said:

 devolved into a systematic annihilation of the aelves but the Magma Dragon. Lesson learned the next Aelf conversions will be a more robust leader model (black dragon doesnt stand up to much by comparison to the ogor characters)

 

Though it should be noted that the Magma Drake warscroll you created exceeds Archaon in a number of areas so without going a bit crazy not much will go toe to toe with it. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, MrZakalwe said:

 

Though it should be noted that the Magma Drake warscroll you created exceeds Archaon in a number of areas so without going a bit crazy not much will go toe to toe with it. 

And 90% of that scroll is a flat copy from the Magma Dragon scroll. He gained 0 more wounds and his realm based boosts became restricted to Pyre proximity but gained casting abilities and a command trait. Point for point the magma dragon without rider might well do more damage (100 point difference for no boost in survivability)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As his spell effects himself he should often have a 3+ save much of the time and you are unlikely to find a better target for his command ability than himself so the nasty jaw attack will be 2+/2+ (which makes quite a difference, especially when enemies start throwing negative modifiers) and gets the crushing claws to 3+/3+. 

His offensive power is up nearly 30% depending on target and he comes with two unbinds for flavour. This thing is an apex predator! None of the aelven faction behemoths can meet this dude head on (though an ice 'nix could probably tank him half a game with the right support but that's 'nixes for you?)

Edited by MrZakalwe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

His spell grants cover which as monster he cannot benefit from, the command ability can effect himself but thematically should be used to inspire others around him though we’ll see in 2.0 if it balances through or not. I agree he’s tough and killy but with no mortal wound protection or damage mitigating and sitting at over 600 points felt reasonably balanced (though I’m open to changes)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...