Poll: What Allegiance(s) Do You Play?

2 hours ago, Lucio said:

Not a great way to capture an opinion, as the poll requires you to be signed into Google.

Better to setup one via SurveyMonkey or similar that doesn't need to capture your identity

I would suggest that having a poll that requires an identity capture will be far more accurate in capturing opinion.  It reduces the likelihood of multiple answers, spam, etc. 

Completed it

Your results tab currently doesnt specify which bar corresponds to which allegiance so its memory dependant. Also sort of weird that the Idoneth Deepkin are there despite it being impossible for someone to play them until release.

I assumed but the poll is questioned as "currently" played, otherwise if we include "will play in future" you might aswell include "have played previously" and then if Idoneth get a pass because theyre coming soon then any potential projects people have planned should qualify as "current"

24 minutes ago, Melcavuk said:

I assumed but the poll is questioned as "currently" played, otherwise if we include "will play in future" you might aswell include "have played previously" and then if Idoneth get a pass because theyre coming soon then any potential projects people have planned should qualify as "current"

Idoneth coming in two weeks. Everything else months out at minimum. Hmm I wonder why. Battletomb pre-order date in wd. 

8 hours ago, Melcavuk said:

Completed it

Your results tab currently doesnt specify which bar corresponds to which allegiance so its memory dependant. Also sort of weird that the Idoneth Deepkin are there despite it being impossible for someone to play them until release.

Hover over the bars!

I'm amazed at how many Brayherd/Warherd players there are around. Is there a way to see how much overlap there is between some two options? I'd be curious to see how many players play more than one faction, and if there's any pattern to which ones go together.

With 453 responses so far, I would make the following observations:

• Although sometimes annoying, the aggressive pushing of the Stormcast Eternals is working as intended for GW.
  • Conversely, the double-whammy of aggressive points increases and significant debuffs for the Tomb Kings has also worked as intended for GW.
  • By virtue of being near-complete armies from the Old World, Slaves to Darkness and Seraphon are up there with the new factions.
  • However, the more "vanilla" legacy factions (i.e. Old World armies with most of the unique elements removed, such as Free Peoples, Darkling Covens, Brayherd, Wanderers, etc.) have a solid following too. This is despite most of these factions consisting of mainly generic infantry.
  • In this regard, Dispossessed are the real winners here, and are even ahead of their brand new kin, the Fyreslayers. This supports the widespread belief that, even with improved competitiveness, the Fyreslayers release have been worst-selling of the truly "new" factions.
  • Disciples of Tzeentch and, especially, Maggotkin of Nurgle are a slightly below expectations, with their perceived ubiquity perhaps being more skewed towards the competitive scene.
  • Forgeworld would probably be better served releasing individual units/models for a variety of established factions (e.g. a new Anvil of Doom for the Dispossessed, etc.), rather than complete, self-contained armies (e.g. a Fimir faction, etc.).
  • Despite almost no support, people like Goblins riding Squigs and Spiders. However, Bonesplitterz are well below what I would have expected.
  • Assuming you already had the models from WHFB (i.e. you are not trying to build, say, a Tomb Kings army from scratch in 2018), the High Elves were the worst-hit army from the Old World, IMHO.
  • Clan Verminus being slightly ahead of both Clan Pestilens and Clan Skyre is surprising. However, the creator of this poll clearly does not like mutant rats or sneaky, assassin rats.

Archived