New Aelves

6 hours ago, Bloodmaster said:

to be fair, the real problem with the Worlocks/Dark Riders aren'T the riders but the steeds. Thos dreaded muzzles

It's really only 1 or 2 horses with that problem in the kit. Mostly they look ok

2 hours ago, Harioch said:

Nothing greenstuff or bits couldn't solve for making these models in theme but if you like them as they are I guess it's not what you want  :/ . Personnaly I find their heads are more "Slaaneshy" than DoK so I plan to use some SoS/Witches bits or even make them Centaurs to go full Greek Monsters, I don't know yet.

Them being male is not a problem for me since I like my armies having different gender and I figure "Daughters of Khaine" like "Sons-of-Whatever" which doesn't mean full male or female, just a major part of the force ...but it's only my view on this matter and I don't mean to enforce it :D

Yeah mostly - I reckon the naga/gorgon kits will end-up giving a lot of spare bits and arms that along with SoS or Witch bits will make a kitbash easy.

I like your centaur idea  - it's darn good idea actually :)

• Replies 842
  • Created
  • Last Reply

8 hours ago, Menkeroth said:

We have to see which boxes we get. I am not sure they will be that multipart to be easily converted, but who knows. I hope we get at least swappable heads and arms.

This is a possibility but in all likelihood heads/faces will be swappable - just compare the Archers with the spear Naga/Gorgon ladies. The body and arms are basically identical but the heads/faces are the only unique bits.

4 hours ago, zedatkinszed said:

This is a possibility but in all likelihood heads/faces will be swappable - just compare the Archers with the spear Naga/Gorgon ladies. The body and arms are basically identical but the heads/faces are the only unique bits.

true. In this sense I miss great boxes from the times of 5th ed of 40k, with lots of bits quite often - Space Wolves marines, Dark Angels veterans, Chaos marines, eldar dire avengers.... but still, who knows.

1 hour ago, Mandzak-Miniatures said:

This is all setting the bar pretty high for future releases.

As with most of the recent stuff, GW tries hard every time. As the prices too...

I don't know about all kits but some GW kits are amazing - Harlequins are awesome with huge number of bits as well as Tree Revenants I Like Witch Elves kit as well I have made amazing Dryads with them and still have tons of bits. I've posted it before in other topic but if anyone is interested 5a6da2cc55c8d_IMG_3754kopia(1).jpg.88ee54fc027caf2521fb9967905d5fa6.jpg

37 minutes ago, DantePQ said:

I don't know about all kits but some GW kits are amazing - Harlequins are awesome with huge number of bits as well as Tree Revenants I Like Witch Elves kit as well I have made amazing Dryads with them and still have tons of bits. I've posted it before in other topic but if anyone is interested 5a6da2cc55c8d_IMG_3754kopia(1).jpg.88ee54fc027caf2521fb9967905d5fa6.jpg

Those are some great conversions there!

8 minutes ago, Mandzak-Miniatures said:

Those are some great conversions there!

Great work although I'm not a fan of snow terrain in general.  Nothing at all against your work, I just don't think snow ever turns out as good as other basing/terrain materials.

10 hours ago, Richelieu said:

Great work although I'm not a fan of snow terrain in general.  Nothing at all against your work, I just don't think snow ever turns out as good as other basing/terrain materials.

Why do you think so? Just curious about your opinion :) 

3 hours ago, DantePQ said:

Sylvaneth Winter army was my idea for something different with Sylvaneth ;) I guess you could check gallery there are pics of my whole Sylvaneth army. 

Which has got me thinking because snow is actually quite a logical basing for the Winterleaf grove.  Winterleaf is the name for a reason, no? :D

I know everyone here is clamoring to find out when the new models will be dropping just like me.  I did some quick google-jit-su and found this link:

https://astropate.blogspot.com/2018/01/warhammer-40000-e-age-of-sigmar-uscite.html?m=1

The author goes through a purportedly reputable source with access to GW release schedule for the first half of 2018.  Now there are some gaps, and some of the info has already borne out as (somewhat) incorrect.  However, considering this info was originally laid out back in November, I’d say it’s pretty spot on.  I’ve included a translation of the original Italian below for other ignorant Americans like myself who aren’t multi-lingual.

This is definitely an article that will appeal to many.

On November 27, 2017, on the Advanced Tau Tactica forum, user Haechi posted the information he had about the releases in early 2018, but for a while it was not possible to verify whether it was a reliable source.

According to Haechi's information, at the beginning of January we would have seen the Chaos Demons for Warhammer 40,000 and Age of Sigmar, while at the end of the same month we would have seen the Custodes. This is exactly what we have seen and we will see during this month. This information arrived well in advance and was even accurate in placing Demons and Custodes in both parts of January.

It therefore makes sense to illustrate what other outputs are planned by Haechi, along with some new information posted after receiving confirmation on Demons and Custodes.

First half of February: Adeptus Custodes.

Second half of February: Thousand Sons.

First half of March: T'au Empire.

Second half of March: Necron.

Between April and May: Drukhari, Harlequins and two new elven armies for Age of Sigmar.

This could also confirm what I theorized in the recent vocal message on the Astropath Telegram Channel, namely that the Battletome: Legions of Nagash will not be accompanied by new models, but will serve to put Death in step with the rules of the other Great Covenants while the new models will come later. Presumably end of May or June.

All of this still falls into the rumors, but the source proved to be extremely accurate with regards to January’s releases, so we could trust it.

Archived