Where is Spire of Dawn?

Acid_Nine

I think it's a shame that they haven't re-cut those sprues by now to release those units individually. 

The Skaven side don't matter so much. You've already got a plastic Warlord, Clanrats, and Rat Ogors (even if the Rat Ogors are pretty poor by comparison). It's really just the weapon team and engineer, which you could potentially release as a little blister pack with all 3 inside.

But for the Aelf side, there's no model anymore for Griffons, Spireguard or Reavers and the Swordmasters are much better than the old metal ones. The Spireguard in fact we already know were re-cut during 8th edition, as you could buy them in 5's from the store previously. So a command sprue re-cut and you can chuck them in a easy to build box. 

They would all be good options for the easy to build range, and it's a shame that they're basically floating between compendium and not (For those that don't know, they were actually compendium under GHB1 until they released Spire of Dawn a month or two later and put them in Swifthawk Agents).

On 1/8/2018 at 2:05 AM, CoreCommander said:

Island of blood used square slotted bases. Imo this is the main reason it got pulled out. It doesn't fit in well when the new policy is non-slotted round bases. It was , IMO , the best model box GW has put out I've seen since I begun playing.

I feel this isn't a good defense as they still have the round bases with slots on the GW site, so they still have them, but if not they could really just advise them to just got the slots off like other parts if the sprue?

ah well, here's hoping for more elves soon, eh? (right after the deluge of 40k...)

That they mave some slotted bases on sale on their site doesn't mean that they are included in their policy on going forward. The new direction is non slotted round bases with model legs to match it. Slotted bases an models are additional work ,when it comes to base modeling at the least, and gw wants to make everything as vanilla and oob experience as possible.

12 hours ago, Acid_Nine said:

I feel this isn't a good defense as they still have the round bases with slots on the GW site

On 1/8/2018 at 7:05 PM, CoreCommander said:

Island of blood used square slotted bases. Imo this is the main reason it got pulled out. It doesn't fit in well when the new policy is non-slotted round bases. It was , IMO , the best model box GW has put out I've seen since I begun playing.

Spire of dawn came with both.

Some of the new 40k snap models have slotted circle bases too.

1 hour ago, Riavan said:

Spire of dawn came with both.

Some of the new 40k snap models have slotted circle bases too.

It came with both, but you still had to cut every model in order to put them on the round bases. Not very convenient. Firs, it is an additional effort, second,  you can badly warp the miniature, third,  it shows that it is an older product and the round bases were duct taped to it for an emergency sell out.
I was not aware that any new miniatures had snap in slotted bases.  Which one? If you're speaking about the old AoBR kits then it doesn't count.

8 hours ago, CoreCommander said:

It came with both, but you still had to cut every model in order to put them on the round bases. Not very convenient. Firs, it is an additional effort, second,  you can badly warp the miniature, third,  it shows that it is an older product and the round bases were duct taped to it for an emergency sell out.
I was not aware that any new miniatures had snap in slotted bases.  Which one? If you're speaking about the old AoBR kits then it doesn't count.

Nah some of the skaven at least (I sold the elves) had slotted round bases. Only some models did u need to cut the slot off. Like the weapons teams.

The easy build kits for 40k have slotted bases.  (Space Marines and death guard)like The fancier expensive ones use different kinds of slots with points rather than the long bar (like the dreadnaught).

Also my chaos cultists all use slots.

Archived