The age of hope is dead....

Arkiham

27 minutes ago, bsharitt said:

I'm not opposed to the idea of a nautical death faction in general, but seeing the a pretty "standard" looking 18thish century ship right our of Pirates of the Caribbean isn't filling me with too much enthusiasm.

I was kinda meh on the idear then my music player decided to play me this song today and idears hit me! https://youtu.be/S9zcieO7Plw

I think there are grounds for some good stories if done right. 

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, bsharitt said:

I'm not opposed to the idea of a nautical death faction in general, but seeing the a pretty "standard" looking 18thish century ship right our of Pirates of the Caribbean isn't filling me with too much enthusiasm.

Are there any examples in miniatures/comics (etc.) of a nautical/pirate based "thing" that looks completely different from anything historical or previously found in other fantasy? Genuine question, as Google drew me a blank.

I mean, water is still water and ships are still ships. I can't see how you can deviate too far from water and ships (and anchors, sails, barrels, chests, tentacled sea monsters, etc.) and yet remain "nautical" or "piratey".

To be honest, I found that ship image to be the single most exciting teaser thing I have seen since AoS came out. I love nautical stuff - especially dark nautical stuff.

48 minutes ago, Kyriakin said:

Are there any examples in miniatures/comics (etc.) of a nautical/pirate based "thing" that looks completely different from anything historical or previously found in other fantasy? Genuine question, as Google drew me a blank

The ghost army in Lord of the Rings arrived in ships, even if they may not have been pirates per se. :-)

6 hours ago, Spiky Norman said:

The ghost army in Lord of the Rings arrived in ships, even if they may not have been pirates per se. :-)

Ghost Ships, and ghastly raiders from the sea have been a long staple of myths. Not full on Pirates, but Pirates are just short hand these days for the 'age of sail'

Just had a freeze-frame moment on the ship.  There's nothing really to indicate that it's an undead ship or anything along this lines - to all intent and purposes it's a ship with some scrappy sails and that's it.  Possibly a Bermuda triangle moment?  Ship vanishes for a number of years before coming back devoid of sailors?  Maybe it's a crewless ship that is a portent to something bigger...

12 hours ago, RuneBrush said:

Just had a freeze-frame moment on the ship.  There's nothing really to indicate that it's an undead ship or anything along this lines - to all intent and purposes it's a ship with some scrappy sails and that's it.  Possibly a Bermuda triangle moment?  Ship vanishes for a number of years before coming back devoid of sailors?  Maybe it's a crewless ship that is a portent to something bigger...

It's the Mary Celestant.

Archived