Christmas Set ..

Zetsu20

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, no real surprises here apart from the death box, which is... underwhelming. Their lack of options is really starting to show :(

A mortal-heavy Nurgle set (after Blightwar) or a Bonesplittaz led destruction one (focused on the guy from Firestorm) seem like they would have been more appealing options instead... but then GW would have been criticised for not releasing a death bundle two years in a row.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't I guess xD

13 hours ago, Davariel said:

Yeah, no real surprises here apart from the death box, which is... underwhelming. Their lack of options is really starting to show :(

A mortal-heavy Nurgle set (after Blightwar) or a Bonesplittaz led destruction one (focused on the guy from Firestorm) seem like they would have been more appealing options instead... but then GW would have been criticised for not releasing a death bundle two years in a row.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't I guess xD

I just wish they would have done a 40 Skeleton, 20 Graveguard box without the mortark.  Thats the type of box that would sell as most death players need more of them. 

Anyone seen the pre-orders new releases available on the website? Loads of Army boxes (10 for AoS to be precise!), which have the start collecting contents and a couple of extra models - but none of the ones from the picture at the start of this thread...

4 hours ago, CoOpRich said:

Anyone seen the pre-orders new releases available on the website? Loads of Army boxes (10 for AoS to be precise!), which have the start collecting contents and a couple of extra models - but none of the ones from the picture at the start of this thread...

Interesting...

On 11/3/2017 at 8:03 PM, SaJeel said:

ooo the death box is perfect for a friend i know wanting to get into the hobby, and maybe the tzeentch box for me =D

You are going to buy him mixed Death and then pit him against Tzeentch?

Now thats a great way to keep a friend xD 

There isn't any info in the new White Dwarf about these new BattleForces, I've watched three videos (two UK and one US) showing a read through of the issue and the battleforce boxes are not shown at all...must be from a seperate Holiday Guide, perhaps one available at GW stores?  I'm mainly interested in the 40k releases as the AOS releases don't appeal to me.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally picked up the Christmas Gift Guide. The Stormcast box is:

Aquilor

10 Hunters

3 Palladors

3 Raptors

3 Aetherwings

12 Gryph Hounds

Slightly disappointed, lord knows why anyone would need 12 gryph hounds... would have much preferred an extra set of raptors or palladors over 6 more hounds

57 minutes ago, smucreo said:

So is the new KO box any good for anyone wanting to start collecting them? I guess it's better than nothing but still, in general the boxes seem a bit dissapointing imo

It looks to be a good start for me. Given that there isn't a start collecting box its a good starting spot. 

If I had the spare cash I would start it. 

1 hour ago, smucreo said:

So is the new KO box any good for anyone wanting to start collecting them? I guess it's better than nothing but still, in general the boxes seem a bit dissapointing imo

If you want a functional army, it's terrible. 

If you just want models and have something with ships and guns, then it is fine.

On 11/16/2017 at 6:46 PM, CoOpRich said:

Finally picked up the Christmas Gift Guide. The Stormcast box is:

Aquilor

10 Hunters

3 Palladors

3 Raptors

3 Aetherwings

12 Gryph Hounds

Slightly disappointed, lord knows why anyone would need 12 gryph hounds... would have much preferred an extra set of raptors or palladors over 6 more hounds

I might take a look at this depending on the price, but it looks like Blightwar will be the better buy for me, especially since most of the Nurgle half will be usable with my Deathguard, and a Nurgle AoS army is still in my long term plans.

39 minutes ago, Ar-Pharazôn said:

If each battalion comes with a points value, that'd be interesting.

Could be something similar to the allegiance shifting(to make battlelines workout) battalion that came with Elves in Spire of Dawn and make it a 140 point battalion(bringing you to 1000 points) that makes Skywardens battleline in  a Kharadron Overlords army and maybe some other small buff. Of course the Spire of Dawn battalion wasn't in GHB17(and may not be legal anymore) so that may not be something that GW wants to do anymore.

Archived