Nurgle allies

ageofpaddsmar

Question

Asking for a friend as i was unsure. 

Say my friend is building a nurgle allegiance army to get blightkings as battle line. He also has some slaves to darkness and pestilence units (nurgle key word) where can he take allies from. Can he choose from rotbringer allies or pestileans allies?

17 answers to this question

46 minutes ago, FRoper said:

which specific part, I see nothing that's gives them an ally list. each alligence has a specific ally list. nurgle so far only has alligence abilities.

The article clearly states Nurgle Rotbringers = Nurgle and vice versa.  As such any Nurgle allegiance army has access to allies listed under Nurgle Rotbringers.

Not following this.  Maybe I'm missing something. 

As far as keywords, GW has made it pretty clear that Nurgle Demon is the same as Nurgle.  I get it though, this is not a symmetric property of equality, so my statement that "Nurgle Demon=Nurgle" is not really true because the statement that "nurgle=Nurgle Demon" is not also true.  It's the "all squares are rectangles but not all rectangles are squares" argument.

I think I just caught up to speed mid thought (was still lost on the actual question xD).  So, if you want to have Pestilen allegiance, you can only use nurgle demons as allies.  If you want to have Nurgle allegiance, you can take Pestilens and they don't count as allies.  If you want Pestilen allegience, you cannot take Rotbringers.

The original question was about building an army with the nurgle allegiance so if that is the only goal, take rotters or rats to heart's content!

23 hours ago, Naflem said:

So as a follow-up question, if Nurgle Rottbringsers and Nurgle Demons both = Nurgle now, can Skaven Pestilence ally with any nurgle unit, as their list says "Nurgle Demons" but apparently Nurgle Demons now = Nurgle....

Not quite.

Before the FAQ, Nurgle Rotbringers and Nurgle Daemons were the two factions.

FAQ confirms that the Rotbringers are the "Nurgle" allegiance. Nurgle allegiance only requires Nurgle Keyword.

Nurgle Daemons don't break Nurgle allegiance (as they have the Nurgle keyword), but Blightkings will break Nurgle Daemon allegiance because they don't have the Daemon keyword.

Pestilens can only ally with NURGLE units with the DAEMON keyword. Not just NURGLE units. That is, if you want Pestilens abilities.

21 hours ago, Vextol said:

I'm confused.  What is the question anymore?  We want to know who nurgle can take as an ally right?  Well...if "Demons of Nurgle"="Nurgle Rotbringers"="Nurgle"...

However it doesn’t actually say that. 

The quote from Warhammer Community is specifically talking about Allegiance Abilities. Not Allies.

“...we’ve received a number of questions on how Chaos allegiance abilities work. We’d like to clarify that all references to ‘Blades of Khorne’, ‘Disciples of Tzeentch’, ‘Hosts of Slaanesh’ and ‘Nurgle Rotbringers’, are synonymous with ‘Khorne’, ‘Tzeentch’, ‘Slaanesh’ and ‘Nurgle’ respectively. For example, a Blades of Khorne army can also, and interchangeably, be referred to as a Khorne army.

For instance, a “Hosts of Slaanesh” army with Hosts of Slaanesh allegiance abilities could include Mortal units with the Slaanesh keyword from Slaves to Darkness, and a Khorne army could mix units from the Khorne Bloodbound list with the Daemons of Khorne list and the Slaves to Darkness. Similarly, a Nurgle army could combine Nurgle Rotbringers, Daemons of Nurgle and even Clans Pestilens units under the Nurgle allegiance abilities.”

RAW (only kind of ... as this isn’t a FAQ) one can replace anywhere you see “Nurgle Rotbringers” with “Nurgle” when talking about Allegiance Abilities.

This would allow you to combine units with the Keyword “Nurgle” into the “Nurgle Army” and still get the Nurgle Allegiance Abilities.

Daemons of Nurgle on the other hand now have their own Ally Table: (it was posted in the FAQ)

Generals_Handbook_FAQ_v1.0.pdf

49 minutes ago, Vextol said:

I'm confused.  What is the question anymore?  We want to know who nurgle can take as an ally right?  Well...if "Demons of Nurgle"="Nurgle Rotbringers"="Nurgle", then anyone who wants to keep the Nurgle Allegience can ally with:

"Brayherds, Chaos Gargants, Everchosen, Monsters of Chaos, Hosts of Slaanesh, Slaves to Darkness (not Tzeentch), and Warherds.

So apparently they cannot ally with Khorne, Tzeentch,  and slaves of darkness marked with tzeentch.  It's unfortunate, but Nurgle has the worst allies (no offense slaanesh, but everyone hates you). 

Pestileans is nurgle so can a nurgle allegiance take all the things pestileans has as allies?

I'm confused.  What is the question anymore?  We want to know who nurgle can take as an ally right?  Well...if "Demons of Nurgle"="Nurgle Rotbringers"="Nurgle", then anyone who wants to keep the Nurgle Allegience can ally with: <-EDIT: This statement is not true.  The answer does align with the OPs original question, but Nurgle DOES NOT mean Nurgle Rotbringers & Nurgle Daemons.

"Brayherds, Chaos Gargants, Everchosen, Monsters of Chaos, Hosts of Slaanesh, Slaves to Darkness (not Tzeentch), and Warherds.

So apparently they cannot ally with Khorne, Tzeentch,  and slaves of darkness marked with tzeentch.  It's unfortunate, but Nurgle has the worst allies (no offense slaanesh, but everyone hates you). 

12 minutes ago, BrAiKo said:

The article clearly states Nurgle Rotbringers = Nurgle and vice versa.  As such any Nurgle allegiance army has access to allies listed under Nurgle Rotbringers.

It clearly stated it for Allegiance Abilities. If this is actually the case for Allies it would be really ...really ...really ... nice if they would actually put it into a real FAQ. Not just a random post on the Warhammer community page (that we all just end up attempting to interpret what was actually said ...)

31 minutes ago, ageofpaddsmar said:

Asking for a friend as i was unsure. 

Say my friend is building a nurgle allegiance army to get blightkings as battle line. He also has some slaves to darkness and pestilence units (nurgle key word) where can he take allies from. Can he choose from rotbringer allies or pestileans allies?

If he's mixing the lists he's taking units from (ie, rotbringers, slaves to darkness, pestilens), there's no allies. 

If he is taking a nurgle allegiance anything with the Nurgle keyword is allowed in. Not as allies but as your main force.

From there I would imagine anything listed in the generals handbook for rotbringers legal allies is allowed. 

That how I interpret the limited info we have at the moment for nurgle allegiance. 

So main force under Nurgle:

Rotbringers, Deamons of Nurgle, Pestilines, Slaves with Nurgle keyword, and Tamurkhans Hoard

Allies:

Brayherds, Chaos Gargants, ever chosen, Monsters of Chaos,  Hosts of Slaneesh, Warherds. Slaves without Nurgle keyword  ( but cannot have tzeentch keyword.)

Archived