Sangfroid

My list for FHGT  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Which would my megabros take

• Fist Connection UK
    • Troll-Bagging
    • Maximum Effort
    • Ironjawz Classic Smooth

So managed to narrow it down to 4 lists for this weekends Facehammer GT, I asked on twitter for people to vote and that was a blind vote on just the list names, however thought I'd also ask my Megabros here for comment and a vote but will put the lists up. 

The winner on twitter was "Troll-bagging" which was my own "Mork or head" choice but my "heart or Gork" choice " Maximum Effort" came a close second :-)

p.s for some reason photo order is wrong so photos are 1,4,2,3 order sorry!

IMG_0750.PNG

IMG_0751.PNG

IMG_0752.PNG

IMG_0754.PNG

I vote for the one with the Warboss.  Properly Orky in that list.  Waaagh!  Those re-rolls of 1 ought to be nice against any threat.

However, the one with the Troggoth Hag and Gore-gruntas might be the more balanced list, since it has decent mobility without relying on the Ironfist's bonus movement, but you are relying on magic to help you with the Hag, and I don't trust spells to go off when needed anymore.

15 minutes ago, Payce said:

I really like the Trollbagging-list. I've been trying hard to concoct something similar, but struggled to make it come together without an Ironfist. Have you tried it, and how do you feel it works in terms of speed?

Only once with out Ironfist (similar list but with 30 Ardboyz in place of some units) didn't really miss the speed tbh but did miss the second artifact :-)

@Sangfroid 

how do you find not running ironfist to feel?  To me it still feels as an auto-include but interested in others take . Even though it's only a single D6 I love having the added wounds,artifact,  and the ability to move just an inch or two since I don't roll sixes. Makes my 4" move feel less burdensome and harder for my opponent to plan threat ranges.

I have had 4 or 5 matches thus far all with ironfist. Granted my first two were scratched because I didn't fully read that "waaaagh " was only for the initial combat phase and not turn :( and I've loved my Hag when I used her.  I love the idea of the troll bashing (assuming that is the bottom list) but fear you'll have a rough go on the scorched earth mission (assuming it gets played). You'll  literally have to sit back three units to baby sit, probably  2 brute bombs and the drummer in the middle?  Big cons (Low model count, slow as molasses, and tough to get waaagh off after turn 1) guess we always have inspiring presence.  On a side note you'll be utterly terrifying to face with 5 major threats to deal with with a Looks of cool ranking 10/10.

The Troll-Bagging list but drop a unit of Gruntas for Ironfist (would be my shout)

In the interest of finding out how we work without Ironfist however - the same list...

Doesn't lose its Ironjawz soul, has enough bodies, and has that beautiful Haggy kick. I reckon it has legs (like her.... waheyyyy!)

Thanks guys :-) the "Troll Bagging" list is the one with Gorepigs and Brutes and hag 

"maximum effort" 3 x 10 Brutes ;-) 

im not bothered about the loss of the ironfist (I know there will be a game that I kick myself for not having it btw) because I get the hag in for an effective cost of  80pts (hag replaces ironfist and shaman). 

I also really like the troll grunta list, and also vote for ironfist in there somehow. 

That being said if the other lists are still under consideration, absolutely throw that weirdnob shaman in  the dumpster, for any orc list. Grot shaman is 40pts cheaper, can't hurt your own guys, has good spells, can't hurt your own guys, and can't accidentally cause your own guys to become hurt. 

The weirdnob is well worth the points even though every other game or so he will do some damage to my army. 

+1 or +2 cast (so that vital shield on a 5 or 4)

is an ironjawz unit so contributes to the unit count for the mighty waaagh seems insignificant but really does make a difference 

the Hail Mary of a a foot of gork, occasionally when the chips are down or you have nothing to lose that chance of a big foot of gork is really important tool (even if it rarely goes off ;-) 

i see a lot of peeps dissing the weirdnob but after the troll hag he is 100% my go to caster (I now view a caster as auto include btw because of ironclad) 

59 minutes ago, Sangfroid said:

The weirdnob is well worth the points even though every other game or so he will do some damage to my army. 

+1 or +2 cast (so that vital shield on a 5 or 4)

is an ironjawz unit so contributes to the unit count for the mighty waaagh seems insignificant but really does make a difference 

the Hail Mary of a a foot of gork, occasionally when the chips are down or you have nothing to lose that chance of a big foot of gork is really important tool (even if it rarely goes off ;-) 

i see a lot of peeps dissing the weirdnob but after the troll hag he is 100% my go to caster (I now view a caster as auto include btw because of ironclad) 

Second this! There is nothing more satisfying when you're  lucky enough to plop down a giant green foot right into the enemy lines with +3 to cast if near arcane terrain. It's totally situational but I think the +casting bonus is worth its points. Ironclad/Mystic Shield is a thing, and one of the very few ways to get mortal wounds. Not had crazy amounts of experience with this yet, but I think it has potential especially if chaffed with a lot of no rend units  since he is a dinner plate sized base it's easy to have happen.  I'll take it ironfist and give it some goes! Inspired 

Agreed @Sangfroid the Weirdnob is still ace, he's bulky for a wizard and has some good options.

I just can't fit him in lists to be honest (this probably won't change either, after I too introduce a Hag)

I'd actually have liked it if Weirdnob got a little points increase and was able to cast 2 spells. Would have given us a distinct option (invest more and not worry about missing on mystic)

12 minutes ago, Fungrim said:

Agreed @Sangfroid the Weirdnob is still ace, he's bulky for a wizard and has some good options.

I just can't fit him in lists to be honest (this probably won't change either, after I too introduce a Hag)

I'd actually have liked it if Weirdnob got a little points increase and was able to cast 2 spells. Would have given us a distinct option (invest more and not worry about missing on mystic)

Would have rather he didn't get a points increase and could still cast 2 spells, aka gaunt summoner 120pts..... ?

28 minutes ago, Sangfroid said:

Would have rather he didn't get a points increase and could still cast 2 spells, aka gaunt summoner 120pts..... ?

Hahaha, Destruction tax. Or rather, not-being-chaos tax. I still sit and gaze at the Bloodletter scroll and marvel at their points cost....

1 hour ago, Fungrim said:

Hahaha, Destruction tax. Or rather, not-being-chaos tax. I still sit and gaze at the Bloodletter scroll and marvel at their points cost....

I think the problem is that all the Destruction warscrolls to date have been balanced around the idea that everything gets +1d6 movement in the hero turn for free.

12 hours ago, Malakree said:

I think the problem is that all the Destruction warscrolls to date have been balanced around the idea that everything gets +1d6 movement in the hero turn for free.

Which is why it really is a  shame that Mighty Destroyers rolls on a 6 - you'd think the Ironjawz version of  -Destroyers would be at the very least +1 on the standard Destruction one? But I guess we got other battle traits that slightly make up for it..

54 minutes ago, Fungrim said:

Which is why it really is a  shame that Mighty Destroyers rolls on a 6 - you'd think the Ironjawz version of  -Destroyers would be at the very least +1 on the standard Destruction one? But I guess we got other battle traits that slightly make up for it..

The Ironjawz one should be 6+ to get the move, +2 for general, +2 for megaboss.

So all Megabosses get it on a 4+ and your General Megaboss gets it on a 2+

• 2 weeks later...

So just to carry on the list discussion even though FHGT is done (the Troll Bagging list I took got me 34th and best Destruction was scored on Kill points) 

i tried my “Maximum Effort” list tonight 

Mawkrusha 

chanter 

3 x 10 brutes

troggoth hag (allies)

have to say it was awesome fun we played total conquest and my opponent had a soulblight list 

Coven throne

vampire

4 x 5 bloodknights

3 vargheists

nefferata (allies) 

i think I played it a bit wrong because I went down a flank with the Krusha and then he was outta range of mystic shield from the hag, which led to him taking 11 wounds in damage when I lost the priority and because I split my attacks (rarely a good idea) I managed to fluff and only do 6 wounds to the coven throne and not kill the last varghiest to then smash and bash So neffy  and 5 knights killed 7 Brutes (luckily I did put IP on these). My left Brutes went thru 5 knights (got charged by them) over two turns then the other 5 knights over two turns. The hag held 5 knights up and eventually vomited thru them. 

The stars were the centre brutes who charged and took off the coven throne, then next turn hit the far right knights (neffy flew off to kill Mawkrusha who had managed to bellow off 6 wounds off her) then the last 3 Brutes took her off. 

The last act then was the troggoth Hag moving across the board and vomiting on the vampire lord for the table. 

Overall lost the Krusha and chanter (I charged him into the 5 knights on the right for an extra IJ unit in 15” for my mighty waaagh as he was dead next turn anyway from knights) the 7 Brutes, and then 4 Brutes on the left as they chewed thru the 2 units of blood knights. 

Overall a really fun game, I made the soulblight player go first but after that up until T4 there were no double turns, and that was in my favour allowing my brutes to crucially charge the 5 knights on the left with 10 Brutes, to win the game. 

Was a thing of beauty though #BRUTES! 

F8F3D09B-EB4A-42AF-A34B-5CDD358D83DB.jpeg

8ABAD3E3-7221-4A21-A0BA-713A8DCCE86C.jpeg

D98B7F1A-E1E4-4681-ADC5-C7AF3A7AD282.jpeg

D7EBC900-A172-4C55-B35A-AE4718E4C802.jpeg

DE4C1C4A-6903-4795-831E-17C42B7DF478.jpeg

CA3D715E-F0B0-46BE-B38E-B35B67F95258.jpeg

Archived