Testing the new Technical paints.

Ben

Tonight I have been playing with the new technical paints.  

Follow my Twitter and Instagram accounts for more pics and videos. 

The photos below are a bit of a photo dump at the mo  but you can see before and after shots of applying it to models with prepainted gems and also silver shield centres  

the pill packets are probably a bit large for the desired effect but I thought it worth a go and I had no ball bearings small enough to glue to card  

image.jpeg

image.jpegimage.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

2 Short videos that I posted to Twitter of the glossy effect of the glazes.

IMG_3892.MOV

IMG_3908.mov

Nice experiments :)  They seem very similar to Forge World clear?  Not entirely convinced on the effect if I'm honest - very clever but I think I prefer the "old school" method.  I'm also guessing this really needs applying after you've varnished the miniatures!

I think this new range will help new painters to obtain a decent effect with almost no effort. Which is good, for the hobby. My brother has an Eldar army, and after the 100th stone he just got bored and started panting over the gems the same color of the armor..

I think GW ranges really helps people to get in the hobby, also showing nice miniatures on the website, painted in a way you can say "hey, I can do that" - but you can't, not at your first try at least :P

Ben thx for the test, I like the efect it looks simple and nice. As always, you can get better effects if you skill with paint is high and you spend 100h ;)

For TT uses I think they will do the job, and that is something I am happy with as I hate to play with and against unpainted miniatures

Archived