Rebuilding the Ardboy warband?

DinoTitanedition

I wondered....as I am a superslow painter, would it be possible to build a similiar warband as seen in the Shadespire preview for the Itonjawz, to have them ready as soon as the game releases? Well...yesterday night I played a bit around with parts from my bitzbox. As many folks have already mentioned, what we saw in the preview is quite similiar to what we have already and after a while I had this guy built. Your thoughts on it?

Shadespire Ardboy 1 Front.jpg

Shadespire Ardboy 1 Back.jpg

Yeah, I really liked the Storm of Chaos campaign. It also showed, what a big part of the Warhammer community would`ve preferred. The percentage of people wanting to see civilization fall seemed rather small, as the end of the campaign didn`t turned out as the company planned it. In the end, the current setting seems to appeal to folks a lot more, with hope being existent in the setting and the possibility for "a happy end" being present.

By the way....if you`re in for a little narrative....I started collecting my greenskins during 6th edition shortly before the Storm of Chaos. When Games Workshop decided to rewrite the story of the outcome, I simply did the same with my orcs. An unknown cataclysmic event made the population of the greenskins errupt. The 'Eadpickaz, the tribe I created, followed Grimgore Ironhide into the north, battling the forces of chaos. Though Torgut was a blackorc leading the 'Eadpickaz he did not command an own blackorc mob. The Redfists, led by Gotmork Redfist, were a small band of blackorcs having a strong position within the WAAAGH!, but being part of Grimgore's force they got along. They even shared two common enemies: the Khornelord Kharpak the Decapitator and Tzeenek, a powerful Tzeentch sorcerer.

When Grimgore pushed deep into the heart of the northern Chaos wastes, the four combatants met, facing off in a battle to the bitter end. While Torgut fought against Kharpak, the Redfists drew back the warriors of Tzeenek until Redfist stood right before him. Tzeenek, having no more minions to save his hide, intonated a strong spell, but got cut short, as Gotmork Redfists axe sank deep into his head.

The next moment the black orruk....orr..orrrr....something was not right with Gotmork's speech, he woke up in land unknown to him, later turning out to be the realm of Ghur. even though the sorcerer died, his spell took effect, at the very moment of his death, causing the spell to workout slightly different. While Gotmork travelled through time into the future, Torgut 'Eadpicka was thrown into the past. Nobody really knows what exactly happened to change the events of time, but something Torgut did eventually lead to the cause of the End Times.

Now, trapped in the future (though not really caring for it), Gotmork rebuilds the Redfists as part of the Blood Toof clan, doing what he did before - searching for the ultimate WAAAGH! to bring the world to an end.

18 hours ago, Double Misfire said:

You've just given me an incredible conversion idea to  link my AoS army back to my old WFB one with that I'm currently scouring bitz sites and begging on the trades forum for. :D 

Now don`t make it so tense - what`s the idea? Did Tzeenek`s spell work on your guys too? ;)

@Chris Tomlin

Thanks, I`m kind of a slow painter, but the atmosphere on the field is a thousand times more immersive this way. And I just like wasting my time with a bit of art :P

24 minutes ago, DinoTitanedition said:

Did it stuck to a godbeast? Was it encased in a stone from the World that Was, drifting through space and time?

It got stuck in a Godbeast now, good shout! :D 

All to be revealed when I've been able to track down the Blood Bowl slayer head I need to convert the guy holding it (or break down and buy a dwarf Blood Bowl team. either way!).

• 2 weeks later...

I have a problem with the ironjawz for shadespire, for now, at least, the khorne and stormcast minis, even if they are pushfit, they are then pushfit to the base but there is no part of the miniature in the base, meaning you can just cut the small pushfit "pipes" and then base on whatever you want (I use clear bases), however for the ironjawz they pushfit into part of their shoes, which I don't like at all as it makes it very hard to place somewhere else other than its original base. For that reason I will be getting only the cards (somehow) and add a little sticker/indicator or even a picture of my miniature tu show which miniature (of my own) represents each of the characters in the shadespire warband.

@Wallack It seems extremely easy to me to cut out the shoe parts from the base on the Ironjawz however, to the point I think it shouldn't  worry you at all. 

Now converting your own Warband is awesome aswell, in general I think anyone should be fine as long as they clearly use different miniatures armed in the same way as the artwork/picture. In addition a little bit of communication should also sort it out. Alternatively one could even paint the name of the model on the base to ensure complete clearity.

Cheers,

1 hour ago, Killax said:

@Wallack It seems extremely easy to me to cut out the shoe parts from the base on the Ironjawz however, to the point I think it shouldn't  worry you at all. 

Now converting your own Warband is awesome aswell, in general I think anyone should be fine as long as they clearly use different miniatures armed in the same way as the artwork/picture. In addition a little bit of communication should also sort it out. Alternatively one could even paint the name of the model on the base to ensure complete clearity.

Cheers,

It might not be ultra difficult but it sure can lead to issues having a model "broken" look how the shoe is on the base:

1mGrfdr.png

With other warbands (the other 3) this does not happen at all.

2 hours ago, Wallack said:

It might not be ultra difficult but it sure can lead to issues having a model "broken" look how the shoe is on the base:

1mGrfdr.png

With other warbands (the other 3) this does not happen at all.

I don't think the shoe will be broken, or the model for that matter. It's really easy to remove all the parts around it. Just clip the base in two parts and clip away till you basically have the shoe left. Then get your (stanley) knife to carefully cut it out. All in all a really small effort. Really like this:

easy.jpg 

In the same vein I will rebase my Bloodbound Warband aswell but their bases come with a lot of bone and skull parts which I certainly intend to cut out and put on the new base. 

Now if this was a white metal base this job would thake longer...

I know it can be done and thanks for the images depicting how to :) however what I meant is that we have seen now 4 warbands and 3 of them are much easier to place in a different base, basically (no pun intended) because you don't need to cut anything from the base at all, just ignore it.

Archived